PDA

View Full Version : Tonight was a sweet VICTORY!!!!!

Knuckle Chucker
03-16-2007, 11:30 PM
It doesn't get any better then making the playoffs the same night as knocking the Blades out of the playoffs. That my friends is a thing of beauty. We are in the playoffs and the Blades are not. Anything can happen now and if it does it will be gravy. Remember this team was picked by the Hockey News to finish last in the WHL. No matter what happens in the playoffs, this young team has a bright future. This playoff experience will do wonders for the future.

Knuckle Chucker
03-17-2007, 12:04 AM
A bunch of guys sure brought their A game tonight. I thought Zeliska was great, the Rat was great and has really improved his playmaking on the pp since the start of the year. Scherger has been hands down the most pleasant surprise for me, he has done everything well not what I saw out of him when we traded for him, congrats boys....and applause to Vann for having the nads to drop them with a tough Klotz and he did very well....until he found out Klotz can throw them with his left also....cant trust those darn lefties

When Scherger first got here it looked like he was going to be expansion draft bait. Not now...the kid looks solid and gets more PP time then Tedler.

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
did hellyer come back to play another shift ?

Drop em' eh
03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
vann took the whole klotz issue right out of the game, and the raiders were able to roll on after that. talk about a team player taking one for the team and doin' them proud. way to go kid!

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2007, 12:08 AM
vann took the whole klotz issue right out of the game, and the raiders were able to roll on after that. talk about a team player taking one for the team and doin' them proud. way to go kid!
exactly, character and a willingness to do anything for his team (enforce, wing, defense, sit) true team player. will never turn down a fight. and is only gonna get better.
scherger has been quite a nice suprise

Wildeyes
03-17-2007, 12:26 AM
That hit on helly happend right infront of me it was probably the dirtiest hit in jr hockey that i have seen. But Gillies took the worse of it. I was right there and gillies face after he hit was unbeliveable his eyes were in the back of his head Hugh cut on his face i mean huge and i am no doctor but i think he looked like he sufferd a concusion.

Cheap shot but dont like to see that. Helly was upstairs after the game looked fine.

Gillies probably going to be a scratch for sats game.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Maybe he will learn from this and not do it anymore?? I would hope so,and it is really disappointing to me,that alot of his hits are from behind,that is basically the only reason I do not want the Leafs to draft him. AHHHHHH long offseason for the Blades and the fans..... oh wait I am jumping on the Pats bandwagon now. yeehoo :laugh:

Blades 4 Life!
03-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Gillies needs to learn what a dirty hit and whats a clean hit. I was listening to the game on the radio and just from listening to the hit i could tell it was a dirty hit.

The Raiders played harder then the Blades and they deserve the playoffs more then the Blades. if the Blades wanted to make the playoffs so bad then they would have played harder but i guess not.

Just buy listening on the radio it sounded like Klotz just layed the smackdown on Vann. And didn't Vann return in the 3rd???

Hopefully the Raider can get past the Wheat Kings. I hate the Wheat Kings and i hope that you guys can get past the Wheat Kings.

You guys played harder and thats all there is too it and congrads to you guys making the playoffs

Five Hole
03-17-2007, 08:27 AM
and applause to Vann for having the nads to drop them with a tough Klotz and he did very well....until he found out Klotz can throw them with his left also....cant trust those darn lefties

Just watched it again on LiveStream... was looking pretty good until that changeup left landed... seemed to rock him a bit and stop any momentum he had...Klotz kept throwin' a few more, but by that point Vann was cut and leakin', not sure from where... and just hanging on til he could get to the room... looked way worse than it was...
Guaranteed that Vanner, while disappointed, won't be the least bit phased by that one.... he'll be looking forward to a rematch next year :D

As for tonight, it'll probably be the tamest game of the year :)

zinger
03-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Drop em' eh

exactly, character and a willingness to do anything for his team (enforce, wing, defense, sit) true team player. will never turn down a fight, and is only gonna get better.

Vann knew he had nothing to lose when he challenged the bigger and heavier klotz, and everything to gain. 0-0 early in the game, his plan was to spark his team in their most important game of the season. Guess what, after the fight the Raiders went on to win the game, one of their best games in a long time, mission accomplished. Lose the fight, Win The Battle (game). Huge sacrafice, BIG payoff!! :clap:

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2007, 11:57 AM
imagine if vann really hits the gym this summmer and bulk''s up, and maybe takes a boxing course while he is at it.