PDA

View Full Version : Who will make the U-18 team for the Worlds coming up?

canes77
03-17-2007, 03:03 AM
The Canes have several potential players for the World U-18 coming up in April, last few yrs the rosters have been just players from teams not making the playoffs, past Canes being Seabrook, O'Malley, and YellowHorn...Since it's mostly just 1989 players, I think Boychuk and Bancks will make it, perhaps Craige if his speed is needed for the european ice....Leclerc has been sick with mono so I'd count him out...D. King IMO doesnt have the speed needed for the european game...and Drew Todd just hasn't had ice time to show the scouts anything yet....any thoughts or disagreements? :)

SectionNDeserter
03-17-2007, 06:46 AM
A few of those guys you mentioned are not U-18 anymore, including Craige and Leclerc.

WHL Rules
03-17-2007, 07:35 AM
A few of those guys you mentioned are not U-18 anymore, including Craige and Leclerc.

You are wrong. :)
Eligible are players born after 01.01.1989, so both could play (as could for example Brandon Sutter, if we loose against the Tigers).

Caner
03-18-2007, 02:01 PM
All credibility was lost on this thread once the guy mentioned todd. Boychuck is a lock and that is it. Canes staff dropped the ball this year with much of their younger players. I can't figure out what they were trying to accomplish, in the end not much was.