PDA

View Full Version : 11-1 .this aint going to help the cause.

shushu
03-17-2007, 10:15 PM
talk about the wrong time to take a beating and lower the morale of the team. the tigers are going to be WAY tougher than the canes. good luck boys! ........................PS im not trolling but to save time i posted it here so the rebels fans dont have to come to our site. :wave: .......................

3rebels
03-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Luck may be something we will get BUT Goals are what we are going to need. Goals against tonite looked AWFUL, just awful.

SectionNDeserter
03-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Their gameplan was to keep the goalies from getting all sore from getting hit by the puck. They executed the plan to perfection, and they will be extremely fresh for the playoffs now!

I felt bad for Maniago, having to get hit by all those shots, and for the 3 or 4 Hurricanes that didn't get a goal. :(

shushu
03-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Their gameplan was to keep the goalies from getting all sore from getting hit by the puck. They executed the plan to perfection, and they will be extremely fresh for the playoffs now!

I felt bad for Maniago, having to get hit by all those shots, and for the 3 or 4 Hurricanes that didn't get a goal. :(

like i said , good luck to your boys in the playoffs......................

SectionNDeserter
03-17-2007, 11:00 PM
like i said , good luck to your boys in the playoffs......................Thank you, good luck to your boys in... the offseason.

loudi94
03-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Thank you, good luck to your boys in... the offseason.

Yes hopefully we don't get the annual "I want out" parade that usually follows a Hurricanes' season.

WHL Rules
03-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Thank god I didn't stay up to watch that trashing. ;)

Is this the highest loss under Sutter?

Was Brandon finally given a rest or is he injured?

Who won the awards?

Rebel66
03-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Oh come on, a 0.56 save percentage is perfectly respectable!

This was a perfect gameplan though. The Tigers will look at this game and just think that they have to show up to win. Just wait, the Rebels will show them! Boogaard'd

Rebel66
03-18-2007, 12:05 AM
PS im not trolling .......................

Of course you're not. Thanks for coming by to share your thoughts. It's much appreciated.

Have a really good off season. See you in the fall.

shushu
03-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Oh come on, a 0.56 save percentage is perfectly respectable!

This was a perfect gameplan though. The Tigers will look at this game and just think that they have to show up to win. Just wait, the Rebels will show them! Boogaard'd

the tigers will tear the rebs to pieces, 4-1 if the rebs get lucky. it would be easy to grill the likes of some reb posters but you have more common sense than the rest. and to think the lads will survive 5 games will be a stretch, not trying to be a %$@& but fair is fair......... the canes have a way better record against the hat and the rebs so you do the math...................

Rebel66
03-18-2007, 12:30 AM
the tigers will tear the rebs to pieces, 4-1 if the rebs get lucky. it would be easy to grill the likes of some reb posters but you have more common sense than the rest. and to think the lads will survive 5 games will be a stretch, not trying to be a prick but fair is fair......... the canes have a way better record against the hat and the rebs so you do the math...................

The Rebels have played the Tigers pretty well all season but, even so, I see this series only lasting five, perhaps six games if the Rebels get some goaltending.

When all is said and done I'm just glad to be able to see at least two playoff games this season...........

tiny
03-18-2007, 07:16 AM
I think there is a lot of misplaced anger here by you, Shu. You are looking at the one stat, Leth vs RD and letting that affect your view on Rebel66's post. The only way a fan can look at last night's game is to joke about it. Even Sutter said he was tempted to laugh last night. It is either that or get totally PO'd. I'd rather laugh and then get PO's for the Hat.

Lethbridge totally outplayed our backend, D and tenders, last night. When we look at the other end, the tender there had a very good night with 39 saves. It is tough to win when eleven goals are scored on 24? shots. With three rookie D men in the lineup, I guess you expect some mistakes but Lethbridge converted on just about every oddman rush they had.

I expected the "we should be in" cry but never expected an angry response to a lighthearted reply by a respected poster.

Two other observations:
1. the RD fans gave quite a loud cheer for the graduationg Leth players, Bailey, Lamb, Hogg (I think).
2. Lethbridge had their top 2 lines out there for quite a chunk of the third period. needed??

loudi94
03-18-2007, 07:49 AM
2. Lethbridge had their top 2 lines out there for quite a chunk of the third period. needed??

If this season has shown anything, no lead is safe with the Hurricanes.

Big Ern
03-18-2007, 10:41 AM
the tigers will tear the rebs to pieces, 4-1 if the rebs get lucky. it would be easy to grill the likes of some reb posters but you have more common sense than the rest. and to think the lads will survive 5 games will be a stretch, not trying to be a %$@& but fair is fair......... the canes have a way better record against the hat and the rebs so you do the math...................

If ANYONE.....ANYONE!!!!...will beat the Hat this season, it's Red Deer! I swear I predicted it when they broke Med. Hat's 17-gamer. Sutter is amazing. He can get something out of nothing. LOOK OUT! Med. Hat better not take a break anytime soon. That's a warning Willie D!! ha HA HA HA!!! But seriously. I sometimes can't believe the Rebels when they face teams like the Hat.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

CatFan
03-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Willie expects this series to probably go at least 6 or 7 and every game will be a battle. I am pretty sure the Tigers are anything but overconfident, when they get cocky they get burned. I'm sure our coaching staff will be drilling this into their heads, the regular season means nothing if you don't play to your full ability in the playoffs. That said I am saying the Tigers in 6, just because I love my team and I'm thinking positively. The Rebels will give us all we can handle.

hockey4
03-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Is it just me, and maybe this is off topic, but i find it hilarious how hurricane fans bring up this game up as to why they should be in the playoffs, and they kicked the rebs ass all season, blah, blah. Are we forgetting that lovely little stretch by the canes where they lost 9-5 (were actaully down 9-2) and then 11-3 the next. And whats odd is that those games actually meant something, whereas the one last night, not so much.

anyway, im gonna go out on a limb and say rebs in 6 due to the dorsett factor. reimer will bounce back and the real hanzal will return (seeing that med hat aint very aggresive).

Nature Boy
03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Two other observations:
1. the RD fans gave quite a loud cheer for the graduationg Leth players, Bailey, Lamb, Hogg (I think).

I agree with Tiny, Lethbridge did not need their top 2 lines out there that much in the third. After Red Deer scored their first Lethbridge was just out there to run up the score. That is where we needed someone to send a message to them about that. Dustin Moore and Scott Doucet played well and never quit. All of the forwards played well. I thought Joel Kot looked good on defense and didn't look like a rookie. Someone also needed to go after Vantuch after he jumped Moore from behind after a clean hit on one of the Lethbridge players. Reimer didn't look good at all as if he didn't want to be there and Clark didn't play that well either but they had no help on defense. The goalie that played for the Law enforcement team against the old timers played better than either of them.

canes77
03-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Not many teams win their last game of the yr...I think that is why the Canes ran up the score...leaving on a positive or whatever you want to call it, but 2 pts is 2pts whether 11-1 or 2-1. I know the players are saying how they owned RD all yr, but most of the games were 1 goal games and exciting to watch...Speaking of exciting, I wont be choosing sides for either RD or MH but it will be a damn good series to watch!! Good luck to both sides, these battles of Alberta in the WHL are as good as a Flames-Oilers game I think.