PDA

View Full Version : Mascot

Blades9ine
03-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Any suggestions for a new mascot, I think the glue on top of Helmutt's head is starting to wear off. :D Seeing as we're the "Blades" we don't really have anything in common with an animal of any sort. The closest mascot would have to be a skate, but I don't think that would work out to well. :laugh:

Blades 4 Life!
03-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I dont think that there is anything else to use as a mascot. The only thing that they need to do to make hellmut to look better is to give him new clothes or at least wash the costome he has on. the costome looks like it has never been washed. GOBladesGO!

BladesGyrl28
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
I think that if they gave Helmut a 3rd jersey, it would look more official. Also if they tidied up the costume a little bit. He's looking kinda ratty.

Flathead
03-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Mabye you guys could get a funky pirate guy, that waves around swords that have "Blades" ingraved into them. They would have to be plastic, foam or wood swords, of course. Just a thought. It's hard to think of a mascot for you guys, that incorporates the Blades. I think it would be better than a dog. Dogs, Blades, I don't get it??? Good Luck in the remainder of the season.

Furback
03-04-2005, 09:56 PM
maybe after the raiders sweep you a broom would be fitting?

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Stop the trash talk i am very sick of hearing it, you never know which way the series will go so let these two teams battle it out until the end

E_Girlie
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Well said there GoBladesGo . These are two teams that have had a pretty darn close series throughout the season so it is definately not going to be a sweep either way, you can bet money on that. :p

Furback
03-05-2005, 05:14 PM
ok im just trying to help you guys pick a mascot dont get mad at me im just trying. Maybe you should make your mascot a heart cause your team has none that might help?

Blades9ine
03-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Maybe you should make your mascot a heart cause your team has none that might help?

how do u expect for that thread not to start a feud. you dont think we have any heart cause you dont pay as close attention to the Blades as you do the Raiders, and exact same thing with me, but whatever, this is just a conversation to have fun and discuss debates, nothing personal. and on top of that, the Raiders and Blades have been rivals from the beginning of time - its only 1:30 hours out each city - so what can you expect, for both cities to agree with each other, :laugh: cause that probably wont ever happen.

shazam
03-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Helmutt needs an overhaul, just like the Blades jerseys for next year. He needs new pants, a new jersey and a new head especially. It's still the head they used once apon a time when Helmutt wore a yellow hardhat.
It's the poor pup's birthday, the least they could do is make him look nice.
The kid inside the costume has to put up with the stench and the annoying kids who poke and punch him.

Rebels_chick
03-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Lol, I heard him talk once to these guys sitting beside me, and he's hilarious!

shazam
03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
yep Helmutt seems to chat a lot.

It's funny seeing the differences in "Helmutt's" the past few years...a couple of seasons ago he was big into the dancing and climbing the glass after goals - which was fun, then last year the older guy didn't do too much. This year's Helmutt doesn't seem to make the rounds as much as he used to. He's definitely not a silent dog this year though. lol

Furback
03-07-2005, 05:41 PM
hey i just call it like i see it blades seem like a team that is a bit selfish at times i think they lack leadership. Dont get mad at me that is just my opinion.

Blades9ine
03-16-2005, 12:47 AM
I talk to "Helmutt" all the time when I'm lacing up before the pre-game flag drag, I'm surprised he's still living. That costume stinks so bad. He sprays so much Axe on that thing, I can smell it when i enter the hall - literally. As for climbing the glass, the security guards always seem to get mad at him. They actually kicked him out one game, cause he pulled off a Randy Moss mooning to a player in the penalty box. Not really, but jokingly, and they kicked him out. He's gotta jump on that glass, it's what every mascot does and is supposed to do. I did it once when we came back from a 3-0 deficit against Regina Pats scoring 3 goals in 10:19 in the 3rd to tie it up and winning in OT 4-3. What a game!

Rebels_chick
03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Lol. Security people are too uptight at times, and too leniant at other times. I don't get how they'll get mad at helmutt for doing what he's supposed to do, but they'll let rowdy, drunk fans swear and scream at the players/refs until they're blue in the face. It just blows me away sometimes how some people don't get kicked out. I mean, who wants to listen to that all night long? :burningma