PDA

View Full Version : Anything intelligent to say?

playa
03-18-2007, 12:19 PM
the "11-1 this ain't going to help" thread is nothing but people bashing eachother. Does anyone that was at the game actually have any idea what went so BRUTALLY wrong? I couldn't listen to the game so seeing an 11-1 loss after outshooting the Canes 40-25 I can't help but think the goalies were just awful. However, perhaps it was our inexperienced defence that gave opportune chances? Any ideas?

SectionNDeserter
03-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I thought that the rookie defensemen we had dressed (Scarborough, Kot and Stebner) handled themselves pretty well, and I thought that Kot in particular moved the puck pretty good. Lynch was put up front, probably to see how he does up there, and to give the rookies some ice time on the back end, and to fill in for the handful of players that they were resting. He looked absolutely brutal for the first half of the game (icing the puck over and over), and I am not sure if he even got any shifts in the last half of the game. All the veteran defensemen that were dressed looked disinterested in playing, and Reimer put forth about 0% effort, while Morgan Clark put forth just slightly more. Combine those factors with the difficulty in motivating these young men to compete in a game that means nothing to them, and a team full of players who have already missed the playoffs (and are already fighting for their spots on the team next season), and you get 11 goals against.

Wasn't all negatives in this game however. Dustin Moore played a phenomenal game, as did Karey Pieper, Luke Betts, Brett Sutter and Scott Doucet.

Rebel66
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
The most obvious thing that went wrong was that the Rebels didn't receive ANY goaltending whatsoever. Sutter stated in the post game that he could have played his 15 year old daughter in net and received better goaltending. He wasn't kidding, it was that bad. The three veteran D were equally as brutal. The Canes cashed in on nearly every scoring opportunity and perhaps four or five that weren't.

I agree that Dustin Moore was awesome. He played a heck of a game. Actaully the forward corps was pretty good overall. I really liked the play of Kot too. He looks like he'll be a good one.

All in all, I'm not too worried. It was just one of those nights, albeit much worse than usual.

3rebels
03-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Yes, Lynch played some shifts in the third, back on defence, where he didn't ice the puck as per his forward try-out. Like stated, 1st goal was a softy and the 2nd a wrap-around tgat Reins totally misplayed. After that, things went down hill in a hurry.

hockey4
03-19-2007, 12:21 AM
I've been watching Rebel games for 15 years, and never have i seen a game quite like that. Its pretty tough to say that a 11-1 game should have been about a 3-3 or 4-3 game, but in this case it was. Goalies were very disappointing, and yes, as someone else stated, our older d-men looked disinterested. Like what were the shots 40-24 for the rebels, and you lose 11-1, WOW. if i were a fan, which i am, i wouldnt look too much into that game. we know how they can play so i still fully expect a 6-7 game series, hopefully in our favour. just curious, was i the only one that actually sat in my seat after the game and had a laugh.

Rebel66
03-19-2007, 08:28 AM
just curious, was i the only one that actually sat in my seat after the game and had a laugh.

No you weren't. Nearly everyone in my section were laughing, especially after the four late goals in the third. We started a chant after the Rebels goal, "We want two, we want two!" It was that type of game. Ridiculous but didn't mean anything.

SWANSKI
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
YES, what do you say about that one. Our goalies were bad or really bad and the D wernt special either. Our new guy Stebner looked really nervous probably for a good reason and Kot looked Ok. Forwards werent special either with only a effort from Moore, Peiper and Sutter. Section N comment about the goalies following the game plan and not getting hit with the puck is a classic. I think the boys are pumped though and could do some damage in the Hat. Control Kris Russell who they have flor the most part, Hit Darren Helm and there could be an Upset. Our Goalie must be good not average for the Rebs to have a chance.