PDA

View Full Version : What we can expect for next season

Tidball
03-18-2007, 09:26 PM
McCrae - 60 point effort considering he stays healthy, will most likely be put on a Line with Hulak and a VERY powerful Euro. Will be named the team captain.

Konecny - a big IF. IF he can stay healthy he will put up 50 points simple, hopefully he gains some muscle in the off season.

Hulak - Will explode next season as an 18. I think he will put up 60+ points should he be healthy. Should get an "A"

Euro - Will also make an impact, expect a high scoring euro in the import draft this season.

Wintoneak - Unless he gets faster he will put up 30 points max, a VERY strong and smart kid but needs to get faster, his point total will be determined on who he gets paired with.

Dulle - I think this guy will reach 40 some points. Hes amazingly quick and can QB our powerplay. Has a devastating slap shot.

Cloud - who knows? Good talent, not sure if hell make the team or not.

MacAuley - will break out as a 19, very quick and smart.

Colton Gillies - Will not turn into an offensive scoring machine. Maximum 60 points if he has a good season. He doubled+ his point total last season. Keep in mind this was only his 17 season. This kid will be good. Should get an "A"

.................................................. ...........................................
Curtis Hamilton - depending on his playing time, he should put up impressive numbers as a 16 year old. He is our future offensive star no doubt.

Mitch Berg - VERY big and strong for his age, could be the shut down D-man we're looking for, needs work on his speed. Dont expect too much from a 16 D-man

Travis Toomey - Should make the team, most likely a grinder role, he does have an offensive uopside.

Stephan Elliott - Will most likely NOT exceed everyones expectations. This is his rookie Defenceman season, and anything over 35 points for this kid would be astonishing. He will make an impact as a 17+. This season hes just getting his feet wet and wont get the playing time people want. He will pan out though. Dont expect too much out of him in his first season.

Anyone else you guys want me to do?

hobster
03-18-2007, 10:08 PM
A couple other things you may have missed... The Blades can and probablly will pick up 3 20 year old free agent's... And also i think Troy Crowley will be back, and i think you will see morrison as our back up to Holtby and Zemlak on the Oil Kings...

Blades 4 Life!
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Tidball sure explained all that pretty well.

-Cloud will not be playing for the Blades next year.
-Zemlak or Holtby will win 25 - 40 games.
-I don't really see the power play being very good next year. IMO there really isn't a Defenseman that has a shot like Cole's. I have heard that Elliott has a better shot but I want to see with my own eyes before I start assuming.
-Their Penalty Kill should be pretty damn good this season. Cuthbert and Walker are very good on the Penalty kill.

Next year should be every exciting and can't wait. pbj dancing pi

Tidball
03-18-2007, 10:41 PM
A couple other things you may have missed... The Blades can and probablly will pick up 3 20 year old free agent's... And also i think Troy Crowley will be back, and i think you will see morrison as our back up to Holtby and Zemlak on the Oil Kings...
i would be pissed off if that happened. Since were really building for a powerfull 09 season, i cant see us tradin much for a quality 20. Maybe zemlak, cuthbert, crowley, whatever. But i cant see lorne giving away many draft pics.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-19-2007, 10:08 AM
i would be pissed off if that happened. Since were really building for a powerfull 09 season, i cant see us tradin much for a quality 20. Maybe zemlak, cuthbert, crowley, whatever. But i cant see lorne giving away many draft pics.
I think Hobster means that the Blades will try and give as little as possible to get their three 20 year olds for next season. For me it does not really matter how many points each player gets(of course it is nice to see them exceed others expectations) but as long as the TEAM does well.

Tidball
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Tidball sure explained all that pretty well.

-I don't really see the power play being very good next year. IMO there really isn't a Defenseman that has a shot like Cole's. I have heard that Elliott has a better shot but I want to see with my own eyes before I start assuming.

I didnt know Elliot had a blast as well. But if you want a D-man QB with a rocket from the point, look no further then Kenton Dulle, unfortunately no one knew he had a shot till Lorne tested him after injury. He has a bullet, similair to Coles.

howley
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
20's come generally pretty cheap at the beginning of the seasons. Cloud won't be back. Konecny should be depending on what the Euro draft brings. Needs to learn to hit though. I'd think Hulak will have a Mitch Fadden, Zach Hammil type season. Maybe not to quite the same level but look for that.