PDA

View Full Version : Player Awards

Bran
03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
This was at the bottom of one of the articles. I think it warrants its own thread. By the way, does anyone have the actual names of the awards? I can't remember them all!

MVP: Kyle Ross
Top Defenceman: Logan Pyett
Top Rookie: Jordan Eberle
Most Sportsmanlike Player: Garrett Festerling
Humanitarian: Craig Schira
Unsung Hero: Craig Schira
Scholastic: Linden Rowat
Fan Favourite: Tommy Tartaglione
Top Scorer: Garrett Festerling
Molson Cup Award: Kyle Ross

Can't really argue with that.
MVP: not a hint of a question mark there
Top Defenceman: Pyett deserves it, he's really come around this year. Kyle Deck would have been my other choice, you can't place a value on his leadership on the blueline.
Top Rookie: Eberle was pretty much a shoe-in. That said, you can't really take anything away from Colten Teubert. They've both been huge to this team in entirely different ways. The Pats have two of the best 16 year olds in the league in these players.
Most Sportsmanlike: Festy, for sure.
Humanitarian: I guess so...lol can't really comment on that because I don't have a clue!
Unsung hero: INTERESTING! Everyone was ready to give it to Kyle Ross. I kinda wondered how you could be MVP and Unsung Hero? I guess you could, but still...lol Schira never really entered my mind as a candidate but really, he does deserve it.
Scholastic: Again, can't really comment....isn't Rowat only taking one class??
Fan Favourite: How often does your BACKUP goalie win fan favourite? Kyle Ross would have been a good candidate too but if there was any doubt about Tommy, I think the crowds reaction to him winning pretty much sealed the deal on that one. I think it even surprised the players, a little. He's a treat to watch, even on the bench!
Top Scorer and Molson Cup Award: Well, obviously, you couldn't argue that at all, since they're based on actual numbers.

Fight Guy
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
For Reich and Hill's sake, they should have an award with a trophy of a player holding his skate in his hand ready to stab another player...of coarse awarded to the "Psycho of the Year"...as mentioned in another post by me. :thumb:

Bran
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
For Reich and Hill's sake, they should have an award with a trophy of a player holding his skate in his hand ready to stab another player...of coarse awarded to the "Psycho of the Year"...as mentioned in another post by me. :thumb:
Yeah, they're a little wacko, but we love 'em anyway. Or maybe because of it, lol.

And had to laugh at Stoesz going up for the Most Sportsmanlike Player award.