PDA

View Full Version : Lonely in Lethbridge

grainbear
03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Nice to see that Boychuk made second allstar team. Also to let some of you know that both Kudelka and Hogg are now playing in the farm legues for the pros. I really thought that Bailey should be there as well. For the short time he was here in Lethbridge he was fantastic, I notice that fans loved him in Portland and he also was voted by the players here as their most popular player quite an accomplishment for such a short time here. And this is for my tiger fans " Do the job in four and move on for round two with no injuries "

Porkchop
03-23-2007, 10:05 AM
No playoff hockey just stinks. Playoff hockey is way better than the regular season games. Players voted on many of the awards but have heard the gm hand picked the winners and ignored the voting (from a very reliable source). Nothing new from this little guy.

aaAlta
03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Could management interference have messed up some things the coach was trying to do over the season? Could that have something to do with the rough parts?

I think the GM job is to put a good coach and prospects on the ice. Working with the coach and scouts to identify whats needed in the pipeline and in trades. Dealing to fill the objectives. Take care of the business needs.

But for the most part stay out of the dressing room. Sure, you want to come to agreement on how the coaching is going to go, but then mostly leave the players to the coach. Or am I wrong about that?

Tinner
03-23-2007, 12:13 PM
porkchop, unless its fact, i wouldn't put too much into "i heard a rumor from a realiable source", because after all, its a rumor made to disbarage your GM and most likely, your the one starting it.

aaAlta
03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I guess if a gm feels like he's an old hand and the coach is kinda green, then maybe the gm gets more involved in all aspects. But if thats not done respectfully then I'm sure it can create problems. I dunno what gives here, but I'm curious if thats the beef.

Sabes
03-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Ben Wright also signed an ATO with Syracuse (AHL)