PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WWE Superstar?

mccabe23
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Not sure how many people still watch wrestling these days but I'm curious to know who your favorite wrestler is, past and present?

Mine are:

Present: HHH.........I've always liked HHH wether he's a bad guy or not. He's awesome on the mic.

Past: Brett "the Hitman" Hart.......best canadian wrestler of all time and classy guy. I met him once and he was a total class act. Best there was, best there is and best there ever will be!

Triton
03-02-2005, 11:57 AM
From smackdown I like John Cena,from smackdown I hate Carlito Caribean Cool,and from Raw I like BATISTA,and hate HHH.From past years I was a fan of Bret Hart as well as Legion of Doom,Demolition,Sid Justice,Ravishing Rick Rude,Rugged Ronny Garvin,and many more.I always hated Zeus,Greg the hammer Valentine,Honky Tonk Man,Bobby Heenan,Mr. Perfect,and Razor Ramon.

Jovorock
03-02-2005, 03:17 PM
But of course the "iatola of rockin rola" Y2J.

HAF
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
I never got into WWF and WCW all that much. Back when there were still alot of regional promotions going on I used to go watch "Portland Big Time Wrestling" every week or so when it came to town. It was a pretty big deal around here when your a kid. Rowdy Roddy Piper, Kurt Hennig, Billy Jack Haynes,Raven (known back then as Scotty the Body) all got their starts here. Wrestling in my opinion is just turning into garbage. There is too much theatrics and not enough wrestling anymore.

mccabe23
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
I have been a lifelong fan of the WWF/WWE but stopped watching the past few years. I recently started watching it again a few months ago. I have a few questions for anyone who knows:

Do The Rock and Stone Cold still wrestle at all? I heard Austin is going to be in Piper's Pit at Wrestlemania.

When did Kane lose his mask and why is his face well.....normal? Thought he was a burn victim! How did it come about that he married Lita?!!!???!!!

What happened to Brock Lesner?

And....where are the McMahons'? Shane? Stephanie? Vinnie Mac?

Thanks in advance!!! :thumb:

mccabe23
03-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Wrestling in my opinion is just turning into garbage. There is too much theatrics and not enough wrestling anymore.

Ahhhhh....."The Male Soap Opera"........Personally, I love the trash talkin and behind the scenes stuff rather then the actual matches. But that's just me.

BIG_CLAW
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
My favorite westlers are Scott Hall and Kevin Nash and the thing they did with the NWO. Triple H , Y2J and Batista are also cool.

Also Brock Lesner left wrestling to try out with the Minnesota Vikings of the NFL and crashed his bike just before traing camp. The Rock just seems to do movies now. Stone Cold hurt his neck can't wrestle anymore. Kane was and is just a story line. Hope that helps you mccabe23.

mccabe23
03-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Also Brock Lesner left wrestling to try out with the Minnesota Vikings of the NFL and crashed his bike just before traing camp. The Rock just seems to do movies now. Stone Cold hurt his neck can't wrestle anymore. Kane was and is just a story line. Hope that helps you mccabe23.

Yes, that does help! :clap: I know the whole thing with kane was fake but how did it all unravel? Who unmasked him and did they say he got surgery to fix his face?

The Rock should wrestle again. His movies aren't all that great although I thought Walking Tall was pretty good. Scorpion King was ok.

kelownakarl
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I used to love the WWF.... I dont follow it much these days.... My old favorites were guys like Brian Pillman, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Ultimate Warrior, The Bushwackers, Texas Tornado, 123 Kid..... to name a few....

ScottyWazz
03-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I also think all the McMahon's are working behind the scene. They have people in both camps taking over controls of the story development and all.

I don't think there's many people I really am dying to watch. It's exciting to see the younger guys like Batista and Randy Orton get some time and prove themselves, but I'm with those folks in the old school.

Guys like LOD, Demolition, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka-- all the old school 80's wrestlers.

Jew Panda
03-04-2005, 09:49 PM
The last year WWF wresting was great was 1995. The persona "Stone Cold" Steve Austin emerged in 1996 and wresting became a soap opera. Perhaps it was bad timing, perhaps he's the cause.

I devoted my attention to the WCW after 1995 until about 2000. I then slowly began to break away from wrestling and the WCW shut down. The end of entertaining wrestling as we knew it.

That being said, my favourite all-time wrestler was "The Total Package" Lex Luger. I also enjoyed Bret Hart in the WWF. His matches with Shawn Michaels are historically the greatest ever performed.

The_Vulk
03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Bret "The Hitman" Hart definately!

Hot Rod "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was always fun to watch.

Demolition, Legion of Dome, the Hart Foundation, the Steiners, were the best tag teams of all time. Currently, I can't name any tag teams worth mentioning.

Sid Vicious/Pycho Sid always made the show feel less scripted.

I enjoyed watching Raven and Saturn, and Mortis (disliked Canyon out of the mask/costume).

The current ones like would include Benoit, Jericho, Cena, RVD.

For announcers/color...

Jesse "The Body" Ventura gave the perfect 'bad guy' point of view.
Jerry "The King" Lawyer for making the macthes sound interesting, even when they are not.

For those I hate...

Hunter Hurst Helmsey (HHH) - over used!
Kurt Angle - You DO suck!
The Big slow (Show) - definately no Andre the Giant. No charisma at all.

Hitman
03-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Man, it's been years since I payed any attention to the WWF or WWE...

Brett Hart is the man though. ;)

The_Vulk
03-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, next weekend is Wrestlemania 21.

(If anyone cares.)

The only thing I would even want to watch in this years version, is The Piper's Pit with guest Stone Cold Steve Austin.

The matches... yuck!

Talk about stale entertainment.

Hitman
03-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Piper is back?? :confused:

oookay

The_Vulk
03-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Piper is back?? :confused:
He is being inducted into the Rassling Hall of Fame (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame) the night before.

I think this is just a one-shot deal.