PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather face in the playoffs?

Lefty
03-02-2005, 11:03 AM
As of now Brandon is 3 points ahead of Saskatoon with 2 games in hand, which could stretch the lead to as much as 7 points. With a win tonight against Brandon, the Blades would still have a chance at retaking 1st place. That being said, would you rather have the Blades catch up and play Moose Jaw or would you rather see them play for 2nd, heal and prepare for a first round matchup against Prince Albert?

For me, I'd rather see a Prince Albert-Saskatoon matchup, mostly because of the rivalry between the two teams. It would make a close, exciting first round which is all I ask for in a hockey game.

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I think I would rather face PA as well. Like you said Lefty the rivalry has heated up and it would make for an exciting series :) A very close one at that too :thumb:

froliker2000
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
y wouldnt u rather face moose jaw then easily go to the 2nd round

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't think Moose Jaw would have been any easier on us in my opinion. They seemed to have our number lately.

Blades9ine
03-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Raider boy, u have no clue what ur talkin about, to bad ur gonna lose in the playoffs there, i'll be bringin out the brooms once we sweep u in the garbage.
ur top scorer doesnt even reach the Blades 6th top scorer, so i suggest u put ur money where ur mouth is before u say anymore. and i highly doubt it that Keller and Gooch r gonna be out for the entire season and playoffs. 5 Blades r in the top 26 scoring and 1 Raider in 60th place. o thats rite, i believe Chipchura and Gauthier r out indefinitely. Raiders r done for. :thumb:

Lefty
03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
We'll see how the rest of the season goes... if there were 2 games left in the season I'd be more worried, but with a few games against teams like Regina and Moose Jaw left, we should be able to pick up a few more wins at least. I'm just glad we aren't playing Brandon, as they really have our numbers this year.

To the raider fan who is enjoying stirring things up... I'd give it a rest if I were you. Need I remind you that these slumping Blades are ahead of your almighty Raiders? If Colliton and Chipchura both return for the first round I see a very close series going either way. It won't be a sweep for either team. All I want is some good, entertaining hockey, though the Blades winning a series against Prince Albert would definitely be awesome.

I really wish there was more civilized talk in this thread. :confused:

Billy Blade
03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
It's not like either team has had much to brag about over the last few years. Let's just be thankful they are both in the playoffs for once. Quick, check! Is the moon made of bleu cheese?

Furback
03-02-2005, 11:48 PM
wow blades fans seem a little defensive it must suck to see your season going down quicker than mcrea when later hammers him. I dont care how great your offense was your d has been worse can you say first round loss.

Billy Blade
03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
wow blades fans seem a little defensive it must suck to see your season going down quicker than mcrea when later hammers him. I dont care how great your offense was your d has been worse can you say first round loss.

Yeah, our defense is brutal. Tell us something we don't already know! :laugh:

ofhdhdy
03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
I would rather face Moose Jaw seeing as their team is worse but PA still sucks.

Blades9ine
03-03-2005, 12:45 PM

cant think of anything else to talk about other than some other team hitting one of our guys down on the ice. ya thats pretty cool seeing as that happens all the time in hockey games. watch ur mouth, cause when we take raiders out in first round u'll be gettin messages left right and center of how bad raiders suck and always have sucked. im sure chip will be doing quite a bit in the playoffs there as he's coming back from a major injury in his leg. NOT. the only thing ur raiders r good for is an easy 2 points and an even better 4 point weekend.

Billy Blade
03-03-2005, 02:02 PM
the only thing ur raiders r good for is an easy 2 points and an even better 4 point weekend.

I don't think we've taken both ends of a home-and-home weekend with the Raiders this season yet, have we? The closest we came was back in December taking three out of four points with the overtime loss in PA. It should be a good series, going probably six or seven games. Neither team will have anything left for Brandon who will destroy Moose Jaw.

tazndevil
03-03-2005, 02:10 PM
You won't play Brandon in the Second round.

Remember the cross-over in the second round?

Most likely you will be playing a team from the Central.

After that---who knows?????

Taz

Billy Blade
03-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Oh yes, I forgot about that. Do you know the specifics of it again? Either way, I don't like our chances. :laugh:

tazndevil
03-03-2005, 02:38 PM
If it's the same as previous years---and I haven't heard anything differently-- it goes like this. (AS OF TODAY"S STANDINGS)

East Division

Brandon ( 84 pts) vs. Moose Jaw (35 pts)

Saskatoon (79 pts) vs. Prince Albert (63 pts)

Central Division

Lethbridge (85 pts) vs. Red Deer (72 pts)

Medicine Hat (80 pts) vs. Calgary (78 pts)

The 4 winners of these series then play.

For Example, lets say the winners will be Brandon, Saskatoon, Calgary, and Red Deer.

The Conference Match-ups would then be as follows:

Brandon (85) vs.Red Deer (72)

Saskatoon (79) vs. Calgary (78)

Then the winners play for the Eastern Conference Champoinship.

I'm not %100 that this is how it is being run this year, but I haven't heard any changes in the playoff format and this is how it has been run for a while now.

Anyone who can correct me if I made an error, feel free.

(This is only an example of what MAY happen, not what WILL happen---please don't get offended if I eliminated your team)

Taz

grumphy
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm not %100 that this is how it is being run this year, but I haven't heard any changes in the playoff format and this is how it has been run for a while now.

That's it. It's going to be a long tiring battle for who ever goes the distance

Billy Blade
03-03-2005, 03:36 PM
The Conference Match-ups would then be as follows:

Brandon (85) vs.Red Deer (72)

Saskatoon (79) vs. Calgary (78)

Then the winners play for the Eastern Conference Champoinship.

I do like our chances in that scenario... Let's hope you're somewhat of a Nostradamus. :laugh:

tazndevil
03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Me 2.

Think about a Calgary against Red Deer final.

That would be awesome!

Wouldn't need the first 3 games to start hating each other.

The fights and the blood would be flowing from the start of game 1.

(Maybe Saskatoon and Brandon could fight it out for 3rd place.)

I'm only kidding everyone

Taz

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Ya we Blades fans have the right to be devensive because the people that doubt our team have somthing seriously wrong with them. I think that because Keller and Setoguchi are out, ya we are struggling because we had to face Brandon and they are a good team. Us Blades fans should be mighty glad that we do not have to face Brandon in the first round, If we did than we would have a slim chance of making it past the first round. At least against P.A. we have a really good chance of advancing to the second round, even if Keller and Setoguchi miss the first few games of the playoffs but I am sure Setoguchi will be back in time for round one.

Furback
03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
hey i dont care if you guys pm me if saskatoon get there act together and beats PA I cant see it happaning though Saskatoon is rype for the pickings and they dont handle adversaty well bye bye stoon at least you fans can say you finnished with more points in the regular season.

Blades 4 Life!
03-09-2005, 10:46 AM
you ****ed up Raiders fans, you think you the best fans and you think that you can predict every series. the blades will beat the raiders. no questions asked. if you come to saskatoon to watch one of the games, i will make your time at sasktoon a living nightmare! if you do come make sure that you dont wear your jersey because all the blades fans will hound you. since you have have predicted the first round, i will, the blades will only lose one game in the series. GoBladesGo!

Billy Blade
03-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Raiders fans are fiestier than Blades fans. I expect probably 1000 of them here for the playoffs. :D

Furback
03-09-2005, 04:44 PM
hey its just a prediction if you get this mad just over a prediction how are you going to handle your blades getting swept? poor blades for life i will send you a broom so you can drive to PA and enjoy the blades getting swept.

Blades 4 Life!
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
send me the broom, so when i get there i can shove it up ***! that would be a good mascot for the blades, a looser raiders fan with a broom shoved up its *** becasue of the blades sweping them! GoBladesGo!

Furback
03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
hey blades fan you seem to be a little kinky that stuff might fly in stoon but i will pass on the soddamy thanks.

Lefty
03-10-2005, 10:47 AM
hey its just a prediction if you get this mad just over a prediction how are you going to handle your blades getting swept? poor blades for life i will send you a broom so you can drive to PA and enjoy the blades getting swept.

Work on your grammar. There are wonderful inventions called commas and periods that allow you to turn run on sentences into readable ones.
Why will a broom allow 'Blades 4 Life' to come to Prince Albert to watch the games? Is 'Blades 4 Life' a witch or is a village just missing its idiot????

Billy Blade
03-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Don't mind Furback, he's still trying to climb up the hill from his shanty in the west flat and is just releasing his aggression in this forum because he's too out of shape to make it to the top.

Don't worry man, if I come up to PA for one of the games I'll bring some rope and a skateboard, tie you to the bumper of my car, and pull you up so you can see the game too. ;)

Furback
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Is 'Blades 4 Life' a witch or is a village just missing its idiot????
grade 6 called they want there joke back.
Billy thanks for the offer but knuckel chucker is driving me too the game in his tractor. thanks for the offer though billy your a good freind.