PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Playoffs vs Brandon

Drop em' eh
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Well I might as well start a thread for our playoff series vs Brandon.
Heres hopin' we have a good series, play well enough to steal a game in Brandon, and maybe one or two at home. We have had some success against the wheaties this year, 3 wins? and 2 games that we should have had a point or 2 in.

dancing pi GO dancing pi RAIDERS dancing pi GO !!! dancing pi

Five Hole
03-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Yes, definitely gotta look for the positives! The season series was tied 3 all until those last 2 games in Brandon a couple of weeks ago....

I'm lookin' for the Raiders to grab one, maybe two.... with 3 in a row in PA ya just never know... this is Junior hockey, after all...

realistically, among other things, Deckert has to look at this as being the end of his junior career and go out in a blaze of glory...totally stand on his head and make 3 or 4 'sure goal' saves a game....
...and the O would have to step it up a few notches......
oh, and the D, too :D

Drop em' eh
03-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey great game by the Raiders, they were in this one all the way. Too bad for the bounces brandon got on those two goals. Deckert played very well, gave us the opportunity to win this one. So close.... applause

We need an effort like that tomorrow, and a bounce or two our way.

Way to go Raiders!!

Bully73
03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
We need an effort like that tomorrow, and a bounce or two our way.

Ummmm, you got two very lucky breaks on your first two goals last night.

I'm not sure how the first one got in (I sit at the far end of the rink from where the play occured), but I've heard comments from some that Hellyer may have pushed it in with his hand. Hellyer was on his back and somehow the puck squeezed across the line after a significant delay between the time Hellyer slid into Plante and the ref called it in.

The second goal was also very lucky as the P.A. shot was going significantly wide of the net, hit their own player in the chest and dropped right onto his stick for the tap-in.

I'm not saying the WK's didn't have a bit of luck as well, but if not for Deckert who stood on his head, this could have been a blow out.

Dwight Schrute
03-24-2007, 12:24 PM
and the goal 1st one that went of a wheatie skate wasnt a bounce ? or the one that went off gauthiers skate ? or deckert being run and nothing called ? raiders didnt get screwed it was a very solid even game and could have easily went either way

hellyers goal the 1st one. the puck was put behind by boyle or something like that and yes it was a fluke.

Bully73
03-24-2007, 03:27 PM
and the goal 1st one that went of a wheatie skate wasnt a bounce ? or the one that went off gauthiers skate ? or deckert being run and nothing called ? raiders didnt get screwed it was a very solid even game and could have easily went either way

hellyers goal the 1st one. the puck was put behind by boyle or something like that and yes it was a fluke.

Never did I say the Wheaties goals were not lucky. In fact, I admitted in my post that they also had some luck. The point of my post was in response to the P.A. poster who didn't think P.A. got any bounces, when in fact two of the three P.A. goals were very lucky in my opinion.

With regards to Deckert being run, I assume you are referring to the play when Burki was driving hard to the net and had a defender all over him and Burki jumped to try to avoid Deckert after the puck was covered? From my vantage point it appeared that it was Burki's skate that clipped Deckert on the way by, after the majority of Burki's body missed Deckert. If it wasn't for the defender, Burki wouldn't have been in the situation in the first place and I would believe the reason the ref didn't make a call.

With regards to it being an even game that anyone could have won, I agree with most, but not all of your statement. Obviously with it going to overtime, it was anyone's game to win, but I wouldn't call it an even game (at least not from a sustained pressure or scoring chances point of view; from a scoreboard point of view, yes it was even). The WK's dominated for stretches of the game and just couldn't bury their chances, thanks to a crossbar and some stellar play by Deckert. P.A. really didn't have very many solid scoring chances, other than the two lucky breaks I previously referred to and the screened shot from the point to tie the game in the last minute with the goalie pulled.

Drop em' eh
03-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey, all i'm saying is that without the wheaties bounces we coulda won. yah, we got some bounces too, but the Raider's with 11 rookies, could use the breaks, bounces, and a little luck, more than a team with 10 Nineteen year olds could. All things considered, i thought it was anybodys game.

dancing pi GO dancing pi RAIDERS dancing pi GO !! dancing pi

Dwight Schrute
03-24-2007, 06:29 PM
as far as running the goalie id have to say its gonna happen and so long as the players make an attempt and arent going full tilt into the goalie with no attemp to slow down. i just hope it doesnt escalate nobody wants to see another "later" happen (im reffering to his run of yeomans which took him out for the remainder of the playoffs and memorial cup)

Drop em' eh
03-24-2007, 08:50 PM
HEY HEY, OT AGAIN, WOW!! Deckert has been AMAZING!! :clap: He has made some unbeleivable saves tonight. brandon's been taking liberties on deckert all night and finally in the last minute in third the refs notice and call it, but then they just negate that with a VERY WEAK :burningma hooking call on Mac.

Off to OT we go, lets do it tonight Raiders !! nhl

Dwight Schrute
03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
HEY HEY, OT AGAIN, WOW!! Deckert has been AMAZING!! :clap: He has made some unbeleivable saves tonight. brandon's been taking liberties on deckert all night and finally in the last minute in third the refs notice and call it, but then they just negate that with a VERY WEAK :burningma hooking call on Mac.

Off to OT we go, lets do it tonight Raiders !! nhl

thats how mcrimmon rolls, any blatant penalty he gets a weak makeup call very soon after. well another ot loss but decks was rock solid tonight !!!

Drop em' eh
03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
OUCH, we had a good chance to score Helly to Mac, damn the bouncing puck, and no call on a brandon hit from behind or on an away from the play interfrence, and they come down and score.

2nd night in a row an OT loss, and bounces to brandon.

Great effort RAIDERS, way to go !! punk rock can't be happy with the outcome, but got gotta take solice in the effort!!

zinger
03-25-2007, 02:30 PM
From the WHL Website, Saturday night games recap -

....while Jesse Deckert turned in a valiant 426 save performance.... Games 3, 4 and 5 in Prince Albert on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Well really, to Jesse it probably seemed liked he faced 426 shots! :laugh:

WHEATMAN
03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
thats how mcrimmon rolls, any blatant penalty he gets a weak makeup call very soon after. well another ot loss but decks was rock solid tonight !!!

C'mon, thats a pretty ignorant statement to make. What makes you think McCrimmon gets a makeup call? I don't think McCrimmon gets makeup calls, I think PA can't handle Brandon's speed, so they are getting called for it. That sounds more realistic to me. :)

Dwight Schrute
03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
C'mon, thats a pretty ignorant statement to make. What makes you think McCrimmon gets a makeup call? I don't think McCrimmon gets makeup calls, I think PA can't handle Brandon's speed, so they are getting called for it. That sounds more realistic to me. :)
its something i have noticed time after time over the last few years. it starts with his meeting at the begining and end of each period... he is the only coach ive seen do that, and more often then not he gets his way. abrasive yes, informed yes, ignorant no

Bully73
03-26-2007, 05:05 PM
it starts with his meeting at the begining and end of each period... he is the only coach ive seen do that

You are exaggerating. Yes, Kelly does do this on occassion, but I would estimate he only does this between 5 - 10 times per year at home. Not every game and certainly not every intermission and more certainly not at the start and end of every intermission. Also, I have seen numerous other coaches do the same thing at times over the years. They get out to their bench early for the start of the period and call the ref over before the period starts.

The makeup call may have been weak, but I think it has more to do with the original Brandon call being weak. It was the 2nd ref who made the makeup call and he was probably trying to rectify the first ref's call.

Yes, if following the rules stringently, the Brandon penalty was deserved, but it was hardly something you call in the last two minutes of a tie game in the playoffs. The subsequent P.A. call was also something that shouldn't have been called in the last minute, but again, if calling it by the rules, it was a hook.

Dwight Schrute
03-26-2007, 06:22 PM
there isnt one instance in particular im quoting, this is a common thing for mcrimmon and the usual results.

Triton
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Why lose sleep or worry about something that is out of everyone's control except Kelly?

Frankly,who cares already.

Dwight Schrute
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Why lose sleep or worry about something that is out of everyone's control except Kelly?

it does give me a laugh every time they do the "baby crying" over the public address system while he's doing it

WHEATMAN
03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
it does give me a laugh every time they do the "baby crying" over the public address system while he's doing it

Regardless...even if he is whining to the refs, all that is irrelevant, if the Wheaties are winning, which they seem to be doing alot of lately.

Tidball
03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
From the WHL Website, Saturday night games recap -

....while Jesse Deckert turned in a valiant 426 save performance.... Games 3, 4 and 5 in Prince Albert on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Well really, to Jesse it probably seemed liked he faced 426 shots! :laugh:

Shat, hes better then i thought. Sorry for underestimating him guys! That slaughters Khudobins 80 save night last playoffs!!!

Dwight Schrute
03-27-2007, 01:38 AM
I just decided we should trade Hewson for Mike Reich since Regina doesnt want to play him
id love to see reich as a raider.

westbeach55
03-27-2007, 11:00 AM

It's annoying watching kelly cry to the refs 90% of the time. Im sure he's not telling them how good there doing and don't worry nobody is losing any sleep about this but your opinion is based on you being a wheatkings fan which is alright

Dwight Schrute
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
c'mon folks first home playoff game in 2 years !!! lets have it as loud and exciting as it was that year. pump up the boys and let em know your there
loud and proud, remember how hard it was for any team to come in and try to get a win. well we got the next 3 games at home.
go raiders go

Dwight Schrute
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
very very solid game. disciplined too. my question is how yeo got a single and flatters a double when yeo tackled him, and yeo cant be fighting due to him playing with a cast

Drop em' eh
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM
very very solid game. disciplined too. my question is how yeo got a single and flatters a double when yeo tackled him, and yeo cant be fighting due to him playing with a cast
Simple, McCrimmon talked to the refs and told them he needed a break in the third. :laugh:

Zookeeper
03-28-2007, 10:34 PM

I was lost on this one too, Yeo went after him and Flatter had no choice but to defend himself. Deckert 1st star, well deserved, stopping 40 shots. What is up with May, he was clueless out there tonight, turn over after turn over and made very bad decisions when he had the puck. I think the palyoff pressure gets to him. Why can we not fill the AHC???? The place was rockin even though some seats where empty. Hope to see a sell out on Thursday. People are missing some GREAT hockey...

How about McCrimmon talking to the ref again.

raider guy
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
it was a sellout tonight, it was standing room only in the ticket line....

Knuckle Chucker
03-28-2007, 10:39 PM
I was lost on this one too, Yeo went after him and Flatter had no choice but to defend himself. Deckert 1st star, well deserved, stopping 40 shots. What is up with May, he was clueless out there tonight, turn over after turn over and made very bad decisions when he had the puck. I think the palyoff pressure gets to him. Why can we not fill the AHC???? The place was rockin even though some seats where empty. Hope to see a sell out on Thursday. People are missing some GREAT hockey...

How about McCrimmon talking to the ref again.

I counted 5 times the ref was over to the Brandon bench talking to McCrimmon. I thought overall the refs called a good game

Zookeeper
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Why was there so many empty seat than? There was even room to stand if you wanted to. Nice to see it loud and crazy in there again..

Dwight Schrute
03-29-2007, 09:35 PM
that was one of the dumbest penalties ive ever seen gauthier take. stupid. and how it got stretched into 5 and a game i have no idea

Knuckle Chucker
03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
that was one of the dumbest penalties ive ever seen gauthier take. stupid. and how it got stretched into 5 and a game i have no idea

He was trying to get his team going and at least he showed some heart. 5 and a game was harsh

Dwight Schrute
03-29-2007, 10:40 PM
He was trying to get his team going and at least he showed some heart. 5 and a game was harsh
yeah, but it was a very weak call for a major. and ended up being the turning point of the game

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I just decided we should trade Hewson for Mike Reich since Regina doesnt want to play him

Thats unlikely at this point in time. I could see a possible breakout season for Reich next year, and we dont want to see the same thing happen to him that happened to Mcdonald.

I wouldnt worry about Mike, he will be let loose eventually, but right now, the pats are not looking to move anyone in their lineup because of our success. For the position he plays, it is between reich, hill, lind, and jagow. Right now, Hill and Jagow are working very hard and seem to be getting better and better. Lind is also playing very well, but I think that he should sit off a game to let reich in. However, it is not my decision.

Im hoping to see Reich in a pats uniform this season before I leave on my trip to Europe in a week from today. He brings an element of play to this lineup that nobody else does( BEING A PSYCHO!). It would be nice to see him play next game, but thats up to coach hunt.

Bran
03-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Thats unlikely at this point in time. I could see a possible breakout season for Reich next year, and we dont want to see the same thing happen to him that happened to Mcdonald.

I wouldnt worry about Mike, he will be let loose eventually, but right now, the pats are not looking to move anyone in their lineup because of our success. For the position he plays, it is between reich, hill, lind, and jagow. Right now, Hill and Jagow are working very hard and seem to be getting better and better. Lind is also playing very well, but I think that he should sit off a game to let reich in. However, it is not my decision.

Im hoping to see Reich in a pats uniform this season before I leave on my trip to Europe in a week from today. He brings an element of play to this lineup that nobody else does( BEING A PSYCHO!). It would be nice to see him play next game, but thats up to coach hunt.Everyone wants Reich! Can't really say I blame 'em...He's in a sucky spot right now, but I think he'll be a huge part of this team next year. If nothing else, he brings a ton of emotion to the game and works hard whenever he's given the chance.

Okay, I saw the highlights from the game tonight...wasn't paying too much attention though. Was that Gauthier who hit Plante and sent him sprawling?? Dumb penalty, maybe, but I think Plante milked that one, just a bit. Again, I was only sorta paying attention, so who knows.

Knuckle Chucker
03-30-2007, 08:52 AM
yeah, but it was a very weak call for a major. and ended up being the turning point of the game

I don't think it was the turning point of the game. We were down 3 nothing at that point.

raider guy
03-30-2007, 10:32 AM
the turning point was on the second goal when it should have been icing and they called it no icing and everyone thought it was icing except for klinkhammer who went in and got the puck put it in front of the net and simek was right there.

Tidball
03-30-2007, 01:41 PM
the turning point was on the second goal when it should have been icing and they called it no icing and everyone thought it was icing except for klinkhammer who went in and got the puck put it in front of the net and simek was right there.

No offense, but thats pretty stupid. Play the whistle, theyve told me that since i was 6.

Dwight Schrute
03-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Everyone wants Reich! Can't really say I blame 'em...He's in a sucky spot right now, but I think he'll be a huge part of this team next year. If nothing else, he brings a ton of emotion to the game and works hard whenever he's given the chance.

Okay, I saw the highlights from the game tonight...wasn't paying too much attention though. Was that Gauthier who hit Plante and sent him sprawling?? Dumb penalty, maybe, but I think Plante milked that one, just a bit. Again, I was only sorta paying attention, so who knows.
he deserved an oscar for his performance

Sabes
03-31-2007, 03:35 PM
he deserved an oscar for his performance

Gauthier has been suspended for 2 games. It was a stupid move but it's also a shame that Plante milked it and wasn't hurt at all. Plante and the trainer were smiling and laughing out on the ice after it happened.

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 04:29 PM
all the whl site says is TBD. seriously is this some kind of sick joke ? how does that become suspendable ? id really luv it if someone could get a video link. sabes didnt it happen right in front of you ? how much force would you say was used ?
i couldnt get over that it was a major and thought it was a really harsh call, nevermind gettin suspended for not just 1 but 2 games ???? what a joke. guess mcrimmon gets his way again. he is the "constantwhine" of the east.
a 2 game suspension....what a f@#king joke.

WHEATMAN
03-31-2007, 04:48 PM
all the whl site says is TBD. seriously is this some kind of sick joke ? how does that become suspendable ? id really luv it if someone could get a video link. sabes didnt it happen right in front of you ? how much force would you say was used ?
i couldnt get over that it was a major and thought it was a really harsh call, nevermind gettin suspended for not just 1 but 2 games ???? what a joke. guess mcrimmon gets his way again. he is the "constantwhine" of the east.
a 2 game suspension....what a f@#king joke.

McCrimmon being called a whiner is getting really old. If I were you I would be alot more concerned about PA winning a game, rather than Kelly complaining to the refs. And 2 games was a suitable suspension. It was a clear attempt to injure, as Gauthier b-lined Plante with no other purpose besides to hurt him. It also doesnt help that Gauthier has a reputation of being one of the dirtier players in the division, Best of luck to those Raiders tonight, they WILL need it.

On to the Eastern Confrence Semi-finals!!! :)

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 04:56 PM
McCrimmon being called a whiner is getting really old. If I were you I would be alot more concerned about PA winning a game, rather than Kelly complaining to the refs. And 2 games was a suitable suspension. It was a clear attempt to injure, as Gauthier b-lined Plante with no other purpose besides to hurt him. It also doesnt help that Gauthier has a reputation of being one of the dirtier players in the division, Best of luck to those Raiders tonight, they WILL need it.

On to the Eastern Confrence Semi-finals!!! :)
ok umm seriously... did you see it ? i could have thrown a pillow at plante with more force. clear attempt to injure ? christ is it clear attempt to injure when they shoot a puck at plante ? and as far as dirty players go.. dont start, especially considering the mountain of dirt the wheaties have produced in recent years

WHEATMAN
03-31-2007, 05:00 PM
ok umm seriously... did you see it ? i could have thrown a pillow at plante with more force. clear attempt to injure ? christ is it clear attempt to injure when they shoot a puck at plante ? and as far as dirty players go.. dont start, especially considering the mountain of dirt the wheaties have produced in recent years

Yes I did see it, via the webcast. What else was Gauthier's intention? did he plan on saying hello? He was obviously going in there to get under Plante's skin or worse. Regardless it was one of the stupidest things i have seen in playoff hockey in a long time. And what's your point about saying the Wheaties have produced dirty players? As far as I am concerned, Gauthier is dirtier than any player on Brandon's current roster.

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes I did see it, via the webcast. What else was Gauthier's intention? did he plan on saying hello? He was obviously going in there to get under Plante's skin or worse. Regardless it was one of the stupidest things i have seen in playoff hockey in a long time. And what's your point about saying the Wheaties have produced dirty players? As far as I am concerned, Gauthier is dirtier than any player on Brandon's current roster.
so you go from "clear attempt to injure" to "trying to get under his skin" ? hmm 2 pretty differant things. and reeves is definatly in contention for being a "dirtier" player. so when the wheaties crash the net or run deckert, what is there intention ? it surely isnt to say hi
and also the point is there was little to no force applied when he ran plante

Zookeeper
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
so you go from "clear attempt to injure" to "trying to get under his skin" ? hmm 2 pretty differant things. and reeves is definatly in contention for being a "dirtier" player. so when the wheaties crash the net or run deckert, what is there intention ? it surely isnt to say hi

You have a great point here, BWK sure have being doing alot of that in the last 2 games. The only difference is Deckert does not flop all over the place pretending he was hit by a train.

WHEATMAN
03-31-2007, 05:25 PM
and also the point is there was little to no force applied when he ran plante

Is an attempt to injure not worse? As for Reaves he is a forward, they are obviously in the goaltenders face alot more than a defensive defenseman like Gauthier. Regardless if I was a PA fan i would be worried right now

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Is an attempt to injure not worse? As for Reaves he is a forward, they are obviously in the goaltenders face alot more than a defensive defenseman like Gauthier. Regardless if I was a PA fan i would be worried right now
umm gauthier jumped up in the play (your old defenseman steven later did it all the time including when he knocked out kelowna's goalie for the playoffs and memorial cup and didnt get a suspension) so the point of him being a d-man is kinda moot.
why would i be worried ? whats going to happen tonight ? is mcrimmon reffing ?
if i was a wheatiefan id be dissapointed that it took overtime twice, favorable officiating, bogus suspension.... to beat the lowly 4th place team who crept into the playoffs not gonna make it too far like that

WHEATMAN
03-31-2007, 05:47 PM
umm gauthier jumped up in the play (your old defenseman steven later did it all the time including when he knocked out kelowna's goalie for the playoffs and memorial cup and didnt get a suspension) so the point of him being a d-man is kinda moot.
why would i be worried ? whats going to happen tonight ? is mcrimmon reffing ?
if i was a wheatiefan id be dissapointed that it took overtime twice, favorable officiating, bogus suspension.... to beat the lowly 4th place team who crept into the playoffs not gonna make it too far like that

I'm not dissapointed at all. Deckert carried PA those first three games. They could have legitametly been 5 goal differences if it wasn't for Deckert. You can blame McCrimmon all you want though, but he is obviously doing a better job than Anholt and Clark...even if he is whining

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not dissapointed at all. Deckert carried PA those first three games. They could have legitametly been 5 goal differences if it wasn't for Deckert. You can blame McCrimmon all you want though, but he is obviously doing a better job than Anholt and Clark...even if he is whining
my stance on anholt is that he has to go and i've thought so for a long time, and clarke is an idiot. too bad your goaltending wont carry you through 3 games.

WHEATMAN
03-31-2007, 06:03 PM
my stance on anholt is that he has to go and i've thought so for a long time, and clarke is an idiot. too bad your goaltending wont carry you through 3 games.

What are you talking about? Plante has proven time and time again he is one of the leagues better goalies. Remember 04/05?

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 06:09 PM
What are you talking about? Plante has proven time and time again he is one of the leagues better goalies. Remember 04/05?
yup rookie of the year he won eh. personally i think he isnt that great. and between picking him at #32 and mcardle at #20 that was a pisspoor draft by the panthers.

WHEATMAN
03-31-2007, 06:15 PM
yup rookie of the year he won eh. personally i think he isnt that great. and between picking him at #32 and mcardle at #20 that was a pisspoor draft by the panthers.

Only time will tell I guess, but I will tell you that Plante has a boat load of potential

Triton
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Danno you sound somewhat bitter.Is it because the Wheaties are close to ousting the Raiders again?Even bringing up past events.When the Raiders are out it will be nice,cause the crying will come to an end.My 2 year old doesn't whine that much.

Bully73
03-31-2007, 06:45 PM
favorable officiating, bogus suspension

Enough with your constant crying/whining (and you think Kelly is bad?). There is enough flooding troubles in Manitoba at this time of the year without all your tears flowing this way.

With regards to Plante, there is no question he is inconsistent, but he has also proven to usually be at the top of his game when it matters most (carried his AAA team on his back to the National title and was very good in that rookie WHL playoff run). I wouldn't write him off just yet.

With regards to squeeking by the lowly Raiders, it doesn't take a genius to realize that if Deckert had been around all year and played the way he did in the first three playoff games, the Raiders would have had a much better record this year.

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 08:17 PM
With regards to squeeking by the lowly Raiders, it doesn't take a genius to realize that if Deckert had been around all year and played the way he did in the first three playoff games, the Raiders would have had a much better record this year.
hmm deckert was there during their big skid at the end of the season...raiders went something like 4-21 or something

bitter ? only about the suspension.it was a pile of crap, and then for "wheatman" to say it was justified, and and attempt to injure when i could have thrown a pillow at him harder from center ice.

Bully73
03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Dannoabram]hmm deckert was there during their big skid at the end of the season...raiders went something like 4-21 or somethingQUOTE]

Just like the reasoning behind many of your arguments, you only see or hear what you want to see or hear. I plainly stated that if he had played the way he did in the first 3 playoff games, they would have been much better during the season. Obviously during that skid, he did not play that way.

Drop em' eh
03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
BULLWINKLE!!! lamb hits a guy that gets a pass and he gets a penalty to go down 2 men, HORRIBLE REFFING!!!!!!!!!! :burningma
IS THAT SKUNK IN THE STRIPES MCCRIMMONS MOTHER?!?!?!

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Dannoabram]hmm deckert was there during their big skid at the end of the season...raiders went something like 4-21 or somethingQUOTE]

Just like the reasoning behind many of your arguments, you only see or hear what you want to see or hear. I plainly stated that if he had played the way he did in the first 3 playoff games, they would have been much better during the season. Obviously during that skid, he did not play that way.
my mistake i misread your post and was under the assumption that u were under the belief that id deckert had been there all year it would be differant

Big Ern
03-31-2007, 10:21 PM
BULLWINKLE!!! lamb hits a guy that gets a pass and he gets a penalty to go down 2 men, HORRIBLE REFFING!!!!!!!!!! :burningma
IS THAT SKUNK IN THE STRIPES MCCRIMMONS MOTHER?!?!?!

That is the case with McCrimmon every night. Sorry buddy.

I figured that one out a long time ago. He owns his team, and so does Sutter in Red Deer. Same thing with him every night, isn't it? That's why they get the breaks. It's way too obvious. The league is kissing their as*es. Anyway, just my opinion. But yeah, I think that is the definite reason for it.

As for the Raiders, they battled through a pile of adversity. They were predicted to be rock bottom. Look what they did. I'm feeling for their 20-year-olds, especially Deckert. I can't help it. I'm praying our season isn't over tomorrow. One thing is for certain. Our barn will be rocking.... We'll see.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!

Note: After the Broncos, the Tigers are my favourite team. They are a great hockey club. After them, I like the Raiders. They brought up Modano. GO STARS GO!!! HA HA!! Did anyone know I am after all, the biggest Dallas fan in all of Saskatchewan?? LOL

Knuckle Chucker
03-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Congrats to the WheatKings. They have a good old team. Our time will come as we have a great young core of players.

On a different note, Zalaski and the midget were brutal tonight. The midget was shaking in his boots because the mighty McCrimmon was behind the bench...that piece of s***. Zalaski is an arrogant piece of s***. Between the two of them they can fill a toilet bowl.

Dwight Schrute
04-01-2007, 05:07 AM
[QUOTE=Big Ern]That is the case with McCrimmon every night. Sorry buddy.

I figured that one out a long time ago. He owns his team, and so does Sutter in Red Deer. Same thing with him every night, isn't it? That's why they get the breaks. It's way too obvious. The league is kissing their as*es. Anyway, just my opinion. But yeah, I think that is the definite reason for it.
/QUOTE]
oh cool someone else shares my views on this

Dennis
04-01-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't think its right to blame the refs for a loss or they are influenced/bullied by coaches. However, that being said, Kelly McCrimmon talked to the refs at about the 6:09 mark of the second period. I think after that little chat, Brandon never got another penalty for the rest of the game. It was blantant to all the fans last night that something screwy was going on. Its to bad Brandon had to win that way. They have a great hockey team and I wish them well.

Dwight Schrute
04-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't think its right to blame the refs for a loss or they are influenced/bullied by coaches. However, that being said, Kelly McCrimmon talked to the refs at about the 6:09 mark of the second period. I think after that little chat, Brandon never got another penalty for the rest of the game. It was blantant to all the fans last night that something screwy was going on. Its to bad Brandon had to win that way. They have a great hockey team and I wish them well.
yup that was when their last penalty was called. the reff then went on to call 7 straight penalties against the raiders.i just wish a ref would grow a pair and tell these coaches (mcrimmon, constantwhine, etc...) to shut up.

nivek_wahs
04-02-2007, 03:03 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=30652fbe-d05c-4974-84cb-24c7e95e2685

Experience beats Raiders

Doug McConachie, Saskatchewan News Network
Published: Monday, April 02, 2007
PRINCE ALBERT -- In the end, maturity and experience won out.

A veteran-laden Brandon Wheat King squad methodically, and with a certain predictability, ended the dreams of a much younger squad Saturday, stopping the hometown Prince Albert Raiders by scoring twice in the third period for a 4-2 victory. Brandon won the best-of-seven series 4-1 and advances to a WHL Eastern Conference semifinal.

The Raiders had twice taken the lead in front of a less than capacity crowd of 2,396 at the Art Hauser Centre. Brandon, with more polish than the Raiders -- who have just five 19- and 20-year-olds in the lineup -- had the finishing touch in the third period.

Robert Klinkhammer, one of two 20-year-olds in the Brandon lineup that also features 10 19-year-olds, broke a 2-2 tie four minutes into the third period. Codey Burki, 19, added an insurance marker four minutes later.

"They're older and more experienced and probably took advantage (of it)," said Raiders head coach Peter Anholt.

Brandon won the first two of the series in overtime on home ice and after being shutout 2-0 in the first game in Prince Albert, rebounded with two wins.

"We know we had a real tough opponent," Anholt said. "(That) doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less."

Brandon's overagers -- captain Mark Derlago and Klinkhammer -- scored eight goals in the series and their 19-year-olds chipped in with four others.

Prince Albert got one goal from its older players.

"Experience does make a difference," said overager Mike Hellyer, who got that lone P.A. goal.

"At the start of the year we weren't even supposed to make the playoffs ... that drove us. Our work ethic was as good as anybody."

Matt Robertson and Bryce Lamb scored for the Raiders on Saturday. Klinkhammer and Ryan Reaves completed the scoring for Brandon.

As Brandon did through most of the series, it outplayed and outshot P.A. on Saturday, this time 40-23 including 16-5 in the third. Where it not for Raiders goalie Jesse Deckert (formerly of the Regina Pats), the scores would have been higher.

Deckert emerged as the star in the series, but he was no match for Brandon's high-octane offence which led the East Division in scoring this season.

"Maturity really showed through," Klinkhammer said.

SATURDAY HIGHLIGHTS: Taylor Dakers made 24 saves to backstop the host Kootenay Ice to a 4-0 victory over the Calgary Hitmen. The Hitmen lead an Eastern Conference quarterfinal 3-2 heading into tonight's game in Calgary ... Aaron Gagnon had a hat trick to lead the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 7-2 victory over the Tri-City Americans. Seattle won a Western Conference quarterfinal 4-2.

SUNDAY HIGHLIGHTS: Karey Pieper and Martin Hanzal scored two goals each as the Red Deer Rebels beat the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers 6-5. The Eastern Conference quarterfinal is tied 3-3. Game 7 is Tuesday in Medicine Hat.

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2007

westbeach55
04-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Danno you sound somewhat bitter.Is it because the Wheaties are close to ousting the Raiders again?Even bringing up past events.When the Raiders are out it will be nice,cause the crying will come to an end.My 2 year old doesn't whine that much.

what's up with posting garbage like this Canadian Eh. Yeah we get your a wheatkings fan. Why come on the raiders board you never have anything worth writing. It's either attacking the raiders or the people that post on here.

Dwight Schrute
04-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Donn Clark is more than just “fined” with the way the Prince Albert Raiders’ 2006-07 season ended.
But don’t expect a party celebrating the team’s “surprising” success either. That the Raiders made playoffs, Clark said Friday, was only a surprise to those outside the team.
“I’m not going to jump to the highest mountain and start singing just because we made the playoffs because that’s what our expectation is,” the Raiders general manager said.
That said...
“Our team has a lot more talent than people gave it credit for early in the year,” he continued. “A year ago people said we weren’t going to win any games at all and ... we’ve shown there is some talent there.”
The Raiders’ season ended last Saturday with a 4-2 loss to the Brandon Wheat Kings in Game 5 of their first-round playoff series.
That game was also notable for a loud confrontation between Clark and WHL officiating supervisor Brad Howard.
A series of in-game conversations between Wheat Kings bench boss Kelly McCrimmon and the game’s referees coincided with seven straight penalties to the Raiders, two of which in particular drew Clark’s ire.
“All of a sudden you’re down 5-on-3 for about a minute and 45 seconds, that was a pretty important swing in the game,” Clark said of the back-to-back minors against John Flatters and Bryce Lamb late in the second period.
“When you watch it over and over again it’s not even a borderline call.”
The ensuing discussion between Clark and Howard cost Clark a $500 fine from the league.
“They don’t want that kind of confrontation,” Clark said.
When he looks back on the year, however, Clark says that incident will hardly register on his radar. Nor will his young team’s growing pains — which he says were expected.
Rather, Clark feels a sense of optimism over the effort his team put out when its collective neck was on the line.
“We had no reason to put ourselves in that position, but all of a sudden we were in a position where we had to win a game and our guys came out and played very well,” Clark said, calling the team’s 5-0 win over the Saskatoon Blades in their last home game of the year perhaps the highlight of the season.
“That, and how we battled in the playoffs,” he continued. “As a team I thought we battled hard (the whole series).”
Clark says decisions on staffing — including coaching — will not be made for at least another week.
bbrown@paherald.sk.ca
http://www.paherald.sk.ca/index.cfm?sid=21437&sc=4

hmm right there in black and white. just as i said canadien eh and wheatman, mcrimmon and his constant meetings. looks like someone else noticed it.

WHEATMAN
04-07-2007, 09:36 PM
http://www.paherald.sk.ca/index.cfm?sid=21437&sc=4

hmm right there in black and white. just as i said canadien eh and wheatman, mcrimmon and his constant meetings. looks like someone else noticed it.

Wow, you really gotta let this go. If McCrimmon's words carry that much weight, that the refs rethink their actions, good for McCrimmon. Have you noticed that all the succesful coaches have had chats with the refs? ie. Sutter, Constantine, McCrimmon. Maybe Anholt should take a page from Kelly's book and get more informed in the game. But really who cares if Kelly talkes to the refs? Brandon won the series and is now 2 wins away from there 4th eastern confrence final in 6 seasons. As a grateful Brandon fan I would gladly trade little "chats" with the refs for the kind of success Brandon has constantly had

It is time you let it go

Dwight Schrute
04-07-2007, 11:14 PM
why is that type of thing permitted ?. i read the article and posted it. you yourself stated that it wasnt that bad or i was overexaggerating. well looks like maybe i wasnt. if the situation were reversed, and you were the one getting the shaft then you might think differant. either way it was an article on topic that was an interesting read.
i'll stop complaining about it when it stops happening, :thumb:

WHEATMAN
04-07-2007, 11:19 PM
why is that type of thing permitted ?. i read the article and posted it. you yourself stated that it wasnt that bad or i was overexaggerating. well looks like maybe i wasnt. if the situation were reversed, and you were the one getting the shaft then you might think differant. either way it was an article on topic that was an interesting read.
i'll stop complaining about it when it stops happening, :thumb:

Fair enough :), I am just saying that alot of people are making way too big of a deal when McCrimmon talks to the refs. Really it isn't that big of a deal. I never denied it didn't happen. I just was stating that McCrimmon doesn't talk to the refs as much as people say. Either way, I think it is kind of a dead subject now :)

hobster
04-08-2007, 12:31 AM
well McCrimmon sometimes does put in his 2 cents and im not a huge fan of it either but on the same hand every other coach has the same opertunity to do the same as him but don't so you can't blame him so untill other coaches try the same thing im not gonna harp on him so much

zinger
04-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Fair enough :), I am just saying that alot of people are making way too big of a deal when McCrimmon talks to the refs. Really it isn't that big of a deal. I never denied it didn't happen. I just was stating that McCrimmon doesn't talk to the refs as much as people say. Either way, I think it is kind of a dead subject now :)

Hey if you don't want to talk about it then don't reply to it! Simple as that. Just because it's "kind of a dead subject" to you, does'nt mean it is to those who choose to discuss it.

Zookeeper
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I was watching a interview with Drew Wilson on tv the other day. he said if he had to bet May would be in the Detroit organization next year ,otherwise he the captain, if not Gauthier, and if he doesnt come back Flatters. He also talked about goaltending, he thinks Amie is going to be a very good goaltender but thinks Stanford is a future star and may even start next year. should be interesting to see

I wouldn't think too much of this as it is coming form Drew Wilson. This is what he thinks and feels. I am sure the Raiders are not thinking about who will be captain for next year at this time, they have plenty of time to worry about this.

Dwight Schrute
04-11-2007, 03:18 AM
not sure how many of you have had the chance to watch a game as drew is calling it. like raider homegames on webcast (me being in stoon i watched more then a few) the sad thing is he really paints his own picture. it was to the pint of being funny, where for example chipper would cough up the puck or fan on a shot or something and wilson made it sound like he came an inch from winning a stanley cup. but anyway guess we gotta accept brian munz aint coming back and we were spoiled with him.... i miss munzy