PDA

View Full Version : Blades lose two members of support staff

nivek_wahs
03-24-2007, 08:11 AM
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=d80c82a2-b109-49ee-b9aa-824ab8020a99

Blades lose two members of support staff
Coach Trumbley, therapist Senft resign after one season

Cory Wolfe, The StarPhoenix
Published: Saturday, March 24, 2007

Two members of the Saskatoon Blades' hockey staff have resigned.

Assistant coach Rob Trumbley and athletic therapist Jerrit Senft both cited personal reasons for their departures, which were announced Friday.

Trumbley, 32, joined the Blades last May after playing eight professional seasons in the United Kingdom.

He had previously played for Blades coach-GM Lorne Molleken from 1995-97 in the Edmonton Oilers' farm system.

"I got into a pretty good opportunity with the organization and had a pretty good year," said the Reginaraised Trumbley. "It was hard mentally and physically, but I enjoyed my time. It's a great organization. The Brodskys are a great professional outfit and it was good to work with Lorne. I had a lot of positives come out of it." The Blades missed the WHL playoffs with a 27-41- 2-2 record, but Trumbley said he'll watch with interest as the team's young nucleus matures.

"The plans are to stay in Saskatoon, so I'll definitely be following them. I'm going to bleed blue for a long time to come." Assistant coach David Struch, who was hired at the same time as Trumbley, remains with the team, along with part-time assistants Jerome Engele and Dave Chartier. Molleken said he has no immediate plans to fill the vacancy left by Trumbley.

"I'm sure that he learned what it's like to be a coach at this level," said Molleken. "In his next opportunity, if that's what he chooses to do, hopefully he'll be able to (apply) some of the things he's learned." Molleken said he'll seek a replacement for the athletic therapist position. Senft joined the Blades last summer, but plans to return to Regina where his wife resides.

cwolfe@sp.canwest.com

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007