PDA

View Full Version : March 2, 2005 GAME DAY

Mileflames
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
MEDICINE HAT TIGERS AT CALGARY HITMEN, 7 P.M., 'DOME, RADIO: FAN 960

- - -

WHO'S HOT:

HITMEN -- Rookie LW Brodie Dupont has been superb the last two weeks.

TIGERS -- RW Derek Dorsett earned his club a point by scoring the Hat's only goal in a 1-1 tie with Moose Jaw Sunday.

- - -

HITMEN -- D Darryl Yacboski (shoulder, day to day), RW Roman Tomanek (shoulder, week to week).

TIGERS -- None.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/03/02/946955-sun.html

Mileflames
03-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Calgary Scoring
1, Lucas, (16) (Schultz, Dupont), 13:17 (PP)
3, Pushkarev, (20) (Carson, Alzner), 07:52 (break away goal) :)

Medicine Hat Scoring
3, Lukin, (7) (Russell, MacArthur), 02:20 (PP)

Attendance: 9672

RunTheGoalie
03-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Not a bad game for the Hitmen overall. Most importantly, we got that monkey off our backs, and will go into the likely first round series against Medicine Hat without the self doubt that would have followed being swept in the season series had we lost.

Offensively, nice to see the team is continuing to aim for the goal more rather than try to pass fifteen times before shooting. Great goal by Pushkarev on the breakway. Totally embarrassed Keetley on that GWG.

Defensively, we really need to cut down on the defensive zone turnovers. Between some good saves by Pogge, and some good fortune, we didnt get burned for it, but I wouldnt want to press my luck by turning the puck over in the D-zone at least a dozen times again.

On that note, Kisio needs to go to Pogge and tell him that every time he tries to play the puck when he has a defenseman right there, he will be fined $20. Justin would have lost a c-note tonight alone, and he caused three turnovers by shooting the puck right off of a teammate's stick blade.

Overall a good game.

Also, I left the dome feeling totally embarrassed for true Tiger fans following the behavior of a group of retards who humiliated Medicine Hat in the dome tonight. Someone needs to teach those little boys to sit down during play, as they were blocking the view of a group of kids for the final few minutes of the game.

The lowlight for Tiger fans was the one dolt who jumped onto the glass during play so he could lean over and give the finger to the Hitmen players. Unbelievably, the idiot usher working the aisle didnt have him tossed until he did it a SECOND time.

Hopefully that moron has been banned from the Dome, and cost himself a chance to watch the playoffs, and that is an opinion I will be expressing to the Hitmen staff when I go into confirm my playoff tickets on the weekend.

That said, I know this group of wannabes are not Tiger fans, and dont represent the great people of Medicine Hat in any way.