PDA

View Full Version : Hanzal Suspended for game 3

Tiger Trauma
03-26-2007, 05:05 PM
03/26/07 Martin Hanzal Red Deer One game for C.F.B. Major and G.M. at Medicine Hat on March 24.

Thats a big blow to the rebels offence. But something they can use to rally around, and as a team to play harder.

Interesting to note there was nothing on the suspension list from jakub rumpel, who also had a 5 minute major and game misconduct.

SectionNDeserter
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Interesting to note there was nothing on the suspension list from jakub rumpel, who also had a 5 minute major and game misconduct.I don't think either one were particularly vicious CFB penalties, but I think Hanzel has just had enough game misconducts this season to warrant the automatic one game suspension.

hockey4
03-26-2007, 05:09 PM
i doubt they will be too concerned. Hanzal hasnt really played into the offense consistently enough since christmas to make this a "huge loss". from what i understand starkov has played really well though, and the second and third lines have created tons of offense in the last month, and really, the mest way to score against the hat is to grind it out and wear out the d.

SectionNDeserter
03-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Hanzel figures in on a LOT of our scoring, and is really our only faceoff man that wins faceoffs with any consistency (quite possibly the only Rebel that won any faceoffs in game 2). Some players are going to have to step up and not lose most of their faceoffs, or puck possession is going to be an even bigger problem in game 3. I wouldn't say that he hasn't figured into the offence consistently since Christmas, but he sure hasn't put forth 100% like he did in about every game prior to him leaving for the World Jrs.

Also need to match their lines a little better in game 3, as we cannot afford to have our weaker skating defenders like Lynch or Berube on the ice for any length of time when guys like Helm are out there.

hockey4
03-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Matching lines not a bad idea though. Maybe keep the fabulous 5 off the ice for the powerplays and maybe the Rebels will come ahead as they did on Friday. Four powerplay goals, only 1 from the first unit. That shows that the others are making things happen also. The first unit also played 3-1/2 minutes of the 5 minute powerplay on Saturday and never ever connected for 1 shot on net.
Justing wondering if you are any relation to the Brandon, as he seems to do no wrong in your books. He gave up the puck on the pp twice to Helm and Reimer had to come up big, but I guess give aways are OK if a goal doesn't get scored.

Comments like that could only be from someone who has never played any high level game of hockey. Also known as a couch player.

Well gosh there longtime fan, if i were smarter, i would have thought sutter could do no good in your books. in case you didnt notice, pp's last 2 minutes, which usually means both units get on, one goal could be the result of the previous unit's energy or scoring chances. i watched the game on saturday, and even in the third when we were down, the top unit hemmed med hat in there end and didnt let them clear it once. and quit calling it the fabulous five like sutter is an idiot. look at the names bud, why wouldnt you put them out there. Sutter-top 15 pick, hanzal-top 10, starkov-6th round (but much better than his draft position), i mean, its not just sutter who thinks these guys are good.

and let me guess, you played NHL hockey and scored 400 goals, which would therefore make you smarter than both SND, and Sutter.

Rebel66
03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Comments like that could only be from someone who has never played any high level game of hockey. Also known as a couch player.

I didn't realise that we had to have a hockey resume to be able to post on a message board! nhl

I'll admit that I haven't played hockey at a high level but have watched enough hockey, and sports in general, to be able to comment with some level of knowledge I believe. Perhaps I'm wrong and only major junior experienced players and above need comment. That's going to be a pretty limited board though I think.

Personally I'm disappointed that Hanzal is missing a game. I think that he's an incredible important player for the team and any team would miss his presence. With that said, I think that the team can still have success without him.

Did the Tiger player end up getting a suspension too?

RebelsFan
03-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Who is SND and who did he play all of his games for? I realize SND is SectionNDeserter, just don't know his name or resume.

SectionNDeserter
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Did you watch any of the games or are you going by the pbp.Watched both games on the Webcast.

Helm also beat Brandon, Starkov, Hanzal, Henry, Kot, Brett, Egener, etc, etc,I haven't seen him personally beat any of these players you mention one-on-one, at least not with the puck on his stick.

If Berube and Lynch are so bad I think maybe Helm would have been able to score on the 5 on 3 they had without any problems.You would think, but hockey is a game of percentages, if you have your slowest players out against the fastest players from the other team all the time, it will eventually catch up with you (even though it didn't on the 5 on 3).

If you are talking about the fifth goal that the Hat got on Saturday, as this was the only goal Helm got, take a look again as that was Pieper that gave the puck away.Pieper probably shouldn't have been out there either, need to match speed with speed. Berube and Lynch are good players, but skating is not a strong facet of their games, and Berube looked like he was standing still when Helm went past him. You don't need to be a pro hockey player to see this. It wasn't Berube's fault for sure, it was Sutter's fault for not getting him off, or the forwards for not putting the puck in a position so that he could get a line change in.

Its funny how one game these players are good enough and the next they are not. Berube was matched up against Helm in game 1 and held him back pretty good but the looks of the game sheet.You must have seen a different game than me, while Berube was on the ice at the same time as Helm occasionally, he certainly wasn't "matched up" with him by any stretch of the imagination.

Justing wondering if you are any relation to the Brandon, as he seems to do no wrong in your books. He gave up the puck on the pp twice to Helm and Reimer had to come up big, but I guess give aways are OK if a goal doesn't get scored.Er... I didn't say anything one way or another about Brandon. If I did mention him in this thread, feel free to quote me on it... But if you must know, I felt that both times he gave up the puck (as well as the handful of times almost all of the other players coughed up the puck) were because they were trying to make high-risk plays instead of playing it safe, as they were down a few goals. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but is something you have to expect when you get down a few goals.

longtimefan7
03-26-2007, 11:03 PM
With that reasoning, maybe, just maybe, when Helm blew between Henry and Kot and onto a break away (thankful his lost the puck) they were taking that extra risk for the positive as well, and maybe so were Berube and Pieper just trying to play to offensive. Pieper miscused on his pass which landed on Helm's stick while he was curling up the boards. This doesn't make them weak skaters.

Lets give credit to these boys for playing their hearts out Friday and Saturday night. Coming home with 2 points is pretty good.

As far as Brandon is concerned, I only mentioned those plays to state a point that ALL the players were getting beat on Saturday night for whatever reason. Brandon had a good game on Friday, made some nice passes which allowed finish.

I have played Junior and University hockey and can appreciate the emotional roller coaster each one of them must of felt over the weekend.

I watched both games and can honestly say I don't think anyone of those players weren't giving it 110%.

As for this Kot kid. Now theres a young player that wiill make some noise in the near future. Poise plus with the puck. Gets out on the ice does his job and moves on.

GO REBELS GO!!!! (in 6)

SectionNDeserter
03-26-2007, 11:13 PM
So who do you guys predict is going to step up their game and try to fill the void left by Hanzal? My money is on Doucet.

SWANSKI
03-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Boys, boys ,boys I think your criticism is a little unjustified. I happened to go to both games and in game 1 the rebels ob viously played very good. We hemmed the hat in early, pressured them into early penalties and were able to capitalize. As far as the fab 5 who is he talking about, what players ??. we do have two power play combinations and they do vary but usually they include our 9 top players. Does the critic have any other suggestions?? to say the fab 5 were only on for one goal is goofy unless you saw the goals . the pp in game 2 wasnt as sharp and especially for 1 reason the dump in almost all were horrible and the med hat d got to the puck first, plain and simple. Russells and Helms speed will make all forwards,all defense and goalies look stupid sometime so to ctiticize certain individuals in one game I guess is OK but be prepared to be a critic of your Favorite if you watch the whole game. These kids all make mistakes sometimes and Sutters Job is to limit them. Tonight we will get the matchups that we want and sure it might not be peiper vs Helm but that now is Sutters Choice. as for players that will step up with Hanzals absence is probably the same that have been stepping up all along. Brett Sutter, Dustin Moore, Scott Doucette, and Hopefully Brandon Sutter who we need to get firing again. The new kid Kot has a huge upside, in my opinion even more so that Morin. This kid looks very good, calm and looks like he might have a huge offensive side that the rebs are controlling while he learns the WHL game. Ferraro also has an opportunity to build his name for next year./
Cheer loud and show MH that RD fans can be good fans not Critics.

SectionNDeserter
03-27-2007, 04:54 PM
he new kid Kot has a huge upside, in my opinion even more so that Morin. This kid looks very good, calm and looks like he might have a huge offensive side that the rebs are controlling while he learns the WHL game.He hasn't shown the same point shot that Morin has, but he looks to be just as good at moving the puck, and unlike Morin, he looks very poised with the puck when he is being pressured by forecheckers (And is a year younger). I have to admit that I was very concerned about the future of our blueline at the start of the season, but the addition of Morin, and seeing Kot progress as quickly as he has, I am really not quite as worried anymore.

Tiger Trauma
03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Any recaps for game 3?