PDA

View Full Version : Big game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

VDubin'Patsfan
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Big game for the Boys tonight. They will come strong for sure. Hopefully Rowat has put game 2 behind him. Lef and Pyett will have huge games.

Pats 5
SC 2

GO PATS GO!!!!

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I think the Pats are going to come out with that same fire as on Friday...I just hope they decide to maintain it all game as well. And when it is 5 on 3...SHOOT MORE! Any clear shot, take it! No need to set up a good goal when there is a lot of opportunity to get a possible dirty one. May as well take the shots rather than none at all trying to set something up. Otherwise, they just need to play hard all game like Friday, and there shouldn't be too many problems.

VDubin'Patsfan
03-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I think the Pats are going to come out with that same fire as on Friday...I just hope they decide to maintain it all game as well. And when it is 5 on 3...SHOOT MORE! Any clear shot, take it! No need to set up a good goal when there is a lot of opportunity to get a possible dirty one. May as well take the shots rather than none at all trying to set something up. Otherwise, they just need to play hard all game like Friday, and there shouldn't be too many problems.

Yep on the 5 on 3's the were looking to score the perfect goal. Put Miles in front of the net and shoot the puck. nhl

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Moir was putting out some big rebounds. Nothing saying you can't try for a goal that way!

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Well...so much for Reich playing tonight. Him, Scott, and Fraipont scratched. :burningma

VDubin'Patsfan
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Well...so much for Reich playing tonight. Him, Scott, and Fraipont scratched. :burningma

Who would you sit for Reich? I like the guy too but I don't know who I would pull in favor of Reich.

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 07:51 PM
No...they have two different roles. I don't know why you guys are always bashing Elder. He has done great here so far. He's been doing his job well.

Bran
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Oh God.

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 07:55 PM
WOW! What a concept! Shoot the puck on the 2man advantage, and you will get rewarded!

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh God.
I don't really know what you are getting at but maybe I do,and just ignore the arguing,the Pats have a game to win!!!!!!!!!!!! They just scored a powerplay goal cutting the lead to 2-1 Broncos.

Bran
03-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't really know what you are getting at but maybe I do,and just ignore the arguing,the Pats have a game to win!!!!!!!!!!!! They just scored a powerplay goal cutting the lead to 2-1 Broncos.
I was refering to the 2-0 score...just a bit of panic, lol. I feel much better now.

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Yippy! 2-2! Things looking better now :p

Bran
03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Yay!!!! 2-2

Edit: That's pretty good! The scoresheet was updated before the goal was announced in the building.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Tie game!!!!!!!!!!!! another key goal for the Pats,wow this is awesome,I was worried too but now not at all. GO PATS GO punk rock :clap: applause pbj dancing pi

Bran
03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Tie game!!!!!!!!!!!! another key goal for the Pats,wow this is awesome,I was worried too but now not at all. GO PATS GO punk rock :clap: applause pbj dancing pi
I'm glad you're on our side! I don't think I could ever cheer for the Blades...lol

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm glad you're on our side! I don't think I could ever cheer for the Blades...lol
oh why not?? not even because Hulak is on the team?? I kinda have a reason to cheer for the Pats.

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
oh why not?? not even because Hulak is on the team?? I kinda have a reason to cheer for the Pats.
I couldn't cheer for the Blades...not after the last few years of rivalry with the Pats. I felt very disturbed when I was cheering on MJ in the final last year. :dead:

Bran
03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Well...yeah, I shouldn't say that. It's not just the Blades, either. I'll follow certain players and always hope they do well. I've had friends play for different teams, too and I'll cheer them on all the way...It's just...take MJ last year as an example...a lot of people kind of "adopted" them after the Pats were eliminated. You should have seen the highway on the way to Regina after those WHL final games last season. It was nonstop. I can't just adopt a team because my team is out if that makes any sense? Well, I can, but it's not usually a rival! It'll usually be a team where there's a certain player I'm following or a friends team or whatever. I went to the game in MJ last year to cheer on Vancouver! I know I wasn't the only one either, lol I think half of Melville was there. I had a friend who played for MJ a couple of years ago and it hurt to cheer for him!

Bran
03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
It's funny listening to Rod...every little thing sounds like a huge deal! Even the most boring game sounds like the most exciting game ever.

"Leffler shoots it wide with Moir down and out...in Beverly Hills!!!" Lovely.

And Eberle scored! woohoo!! :)

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Well...yeah, I shouldn't say that. It's not just the Blades, either. I'll follow certain players and always hope they do well. I've had friends play for different teams, too and I'll cheer them on all the way...It's just...take MJ last year as an example...a lot of people kind of "adopted" them after the Pats were eliminated. You should have seen the highway on the way to Regina after those WHL final games last season. It was nonstop. I can't just adopt a team because my team is out if that makes any sense? Well, I can, but it's not usually a rival! It'll usually be a team where there's a certain player I'm following or a friends team or whatever. I went to the game in MJ last year to cheer on Vancouver! I know I wasn't the only one either, lol I think half of Melville was there. I had a friend who played for MJ a couple of years ago and it hurt to cheer for him!
Yes I know what you mean I am following 2 players on the Pats specifically,and so I will cheer the entire team on as well,because I WILL NOT CHEER FOR PA!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my friends. (Bladerunner) thinks I am crazy because I am cheering for the Pats but I could not care what he thinks right now. The Pats need to win this game and the game tommorrow as well.

3-2 PATS this is an amazing comeback and it sounds like they have carried that intensity from game one and MacAngus figured in on the goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Weeoooo!!! 4-2!!!

Bran
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
The in house announcer in Swift sounds half dead...

With the Broncos you have to go at them hard...not even that you have to outwork them, but they get so frustrated and take stupid penalties.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
The in house announcer in Swift sounds half dead...

With the Broncos you have to go at them hard...not even that you have to outwork them, but they get so frustrated and take stupid penalties.
Yes in game #2 the Broncos got into penalty trouble and got lucky in that game in OT. Hopefully the Pats can hold them off,and that scared me when Schira was hit from behind,but I heard his name after that so I think he is ok and that is good news. :thumb: But Schira got hit again by Dale Weise,wow he is a target :burningma :mad:

5-3 PATS :bounce: :groovy: dancing pi pbj

Bran
03-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Hopefully they can keep this up for 3 more rounds lol.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Hopefully they can keep this up for 3 more rounds lol.
yep and with that being said I better get my tickets. LOL

Bran
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM
How many buses did the Pats send out?

Fight Guy
03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Despite getting handed a but load more penalties than Swift Current, the Pats win 5-4! Do again tomorrow and finish it off at home!

Sauer23
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Good Job Pats. Come Out Flying Tomorrow And Win . Then all you got Is 1 GAME And ROUND 2

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
How many buses did the Pats send out?
I think I heard Rod Pederson say 2 but I could be wrong.

Anyhow The PATS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! what a game,to come back from being down 2-0 is nothing to sneeze at,the Pats obviously where determined to take one in Swifty and they did that,now to do it again tomorrow night.

Bran
03-27-2007, 09:53 PM
There, Rod just said that the Press Box showed the game tonight and will show tomorrow night's as well.

Sauer23
03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Tomorrow Night the game will be live at the Press Box on Albert Street

Bran
03-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I was gonna say Rod will pick different stars, and he did...
Game sheet says:
1. S.C - 28 Jeremy Schenderling
2. REG - 39 Logan Pyett
3. S.C - 25 Daniel Rakos

Rod switched up Schenderling and Pyett and gave 3rd star to Deck...that sounds more like it.

Did anyone listen to Curtis after the game? I was a little distracted and missed most of what he said...he mentioned something about talking to the captains and going from there, what was he talking about? Or did I hear that totally wrong??

luv_the_pats
03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
:clap: Great job to the boys :clap: . I think I might have to go to the Press Box and watch the game live. :groovy: :groovy:

luv_the_pats
03-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Bran...he was going to talk to the boys about going on the ice tomorrow for a practise. :groovy: :groovy:

Golks
03-27-2007, 10:41 PM
The only way I can see the PressBox showing the game live is putting the webcast up on the screen.

So the quality would be lacking. :dead:

But............ PATS WIN!!!!!!!

Bran
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Ahhh, practice...that makes sense, lol.

Meh, low quality is better than nothing! I'll be at work tomorrow night, though. :(

nivek_wahs
03-28-2007, 01:16 AM
http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Halfway There

SWIFT CURRENT -- This post comes to you from the 'under renovation' Howard Johnson hotel. Cripes, I feel like I'm camping. None of the phones work (meaning I can't feed audio for CKRM's morning sports), the ice machines are broken, and the remote control's dead. At least the postgame beer was cold thanks to Molson's Barry Thomson.

The Pats eaked out a nailbiting 5-4 victory over the Broncos here Tuesday night to take a 2-1 lead in this best-of-7 WHL East Conference Quarterfinal.

The Broncos jumped out to a 2-0 lead 8:37 into the game, but the Queen City Kids stormed back to take a 4-2 lead in the second, and entered the third frame up 5-3.

Swift Current notched on a PPG on their plethora of third period opportunites, but couldn't get closer than 5-4. I had the Broncos at 13 PP's, Huntsy counted 12, and the scoresheet had them at 11. Either way, the Pats killed off a pile.

"We had some guys who weren't prepared tonight when the game started even though we knew they'd come out hard," explained Pats' coach Curtis Hunt on CKRM's postgame show.

posted by Rod Pedersen @ 12:45 AM

nivek_wahs
03-28-2007, 03:11 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=d5efc9be-7925-4484-89df-2dde568e9eb2&k=52437

Pats rebound with victory

The Leader-Post
Published: Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Regina Pats overcame an early 2-0 deficit and edged the host Swift Current Broncos 5-4 in WHL playoff action on Tuesday.

With the win, Regina took a 2-1 lead in its best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinal. Game 4 goes tonight in Swift Current, followed by Game 5 back in Regina on Friday.

"We knew they would come at us hard," said Pats GM Brent Parker. "Whether it's preseason or the first game of the season or the playoffs, this is a tough building to play in. That first 10 minutes was crucial. They had a couple of funny bounces and capitalized on them. We regrouped and were able to get it back even."

Logan Pyett scored twice for the Pats, who got singles from Kyle Ross, Jordan Eberle and Garrett Festerling. Jeremy Schenderling potted a hat trick for the Broncos, who outshot Regina 42-31. Brady Leavold had the other goal.

Swift Current also had a 12-7 advantage in power plays. Regina killed off 11 of the 12 opportunities while scoring one goal on seven chances.

"There were a lot of special teams," noted Parker. "Our penalty killing was outstanding and our power play was efficient. Kyle Moir made some big saves. I thought we were much better on our power play than we were the other night (going 0-for-9 in Saturday's 4-3 OT loss)."

With a crowd of 1,482 looking on at the Centennial Civic Centre, Schenderling and Leavold staked the home side to an early 2-0 lead. Logan Pyett got Regina on the board, snapping an 0-for-13 drought on the power play.

Ross tied it up with 4:09 left in the opening period. Eberle and Festerling took turns setting each other up for goals early in the second to give the Pats a 4-2 lead. Schenderling broke Regina's streak of four straight goals, but Pyett added his second of the night with just 52 seconds left in the frame. That goal came just as a Broncos penalty expired.

Schenderling completed his hat trick on the power play at 7:51 of the third, but the Broncos were stymied the rest of the way by Pats goalie Linden Rowat. He stopped 14 of 15 shots in the third period and 38 overall.

Moir stopped 26 shots in a losing cause. Daniel Rakos added two assists for Swift Current.

The Pats, who've struggled on the road this season, improved their record to 3-2 at the Centennial Civic Centre.

"It's all part of the growing process and learning how to play in the playoffs," said Parker. "It's a real rollercoaster of emotions. You have to be able to forget what happened the game before, whether it's a win or a loss. But we did a lot of real good things. It's huge for our confidence."

The Pats expect another stiff test tonight in Game 4.

"The first 10 minutes is crucial again," added Parker. "I don't think we want to put ourselves in a 2-0 hole again. We need to be ready to go right from the start. I think we were (Tuesday). We were almost too ready. We were just too keyed up and weren't thinking a little bit at times. We need to be ready for what I'm sure is going to be a real onslaught by them right off the start."

NOTE: The Saskatoon Blades announced Tuesday that Alina Hulak, mother of LW Derek Hulak, has succumbed to cancer. The Pats traded Derek Hulak to Saskatoon earlier this season so he could be close to his ailing mother.

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2007