PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs steal game; tie series!

LifelongChiefsFan
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow what a fantastic win for the Chiefs tonight! I'm still having a tough time believing they actually won. They Chiefs never win games like that against Everett. The Chiefs were badly outplayed for the first 40 minutes, only managed 8 shots on goal through the first 2 periods and couldn't really do anything until a lucky break led to the tying goal. The battery in my computer died right at the start of the 3rd period, so I haven't seen the first goal yet; it sounded like it may have been controversial, and I'd like to hear other fans' opionions who saw it. The Chiefs winning goal was beautiful as Roman made an excellent pass to Ryan who buried a backhander to give the Chiefs the lead. This game was the first of the season in which Everett lost when leading after 2 periods. The Chiefs have shown as much heart as any point in the season the last 2 games and have now made it a best of 3 series. Everett is one of the toughest places to play in the league, but there's no reason to think it's impossible for Spokane to take game 5. Win or lose it should be an awesome game.

chiefs20167
03-30-2007, 03:11 AM
The game was great once the Chiefs got that first goal. Tic is definately the reason why they were in the game in the first place. He was a wall in net. I thought for a bit that we had a different goalie in net and not a rookie. The others were blocking shots and clearning the puck nicely as well.

Here's a link to see the goals.

http://www.spokanetogo.com/news-video/js/embedWMV.php?mgid=5212

The first goal definately stired the pot. Bruton was crashing the net when he was hit by a dman and they both went into Irving. Irving was knocked out the crease but wasn't laid on as some would think. It looked as if his guy was in the way of him getting back to the net.

Ryan's goal was a thing of beauty. Remember all those goals he scored from Roman with the drop passes? It was similar just on the other side of the net and closer.

Another issue for the night was a goal by Everett that was waved off for a high stick. The ref was right there and there was no hesitation from him about not allowing the goal. That didn't go over very well with the Tips.

Mueller's goal I thought was put in with a high stick but that's on the replay above and it was close but the stick was just low enough.