PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Leaf fan...

GHOST
03-28-2007, 11:35 PM
So I'm obviously really interested in how yours, and our boy Reimer is doing. My understand is you guys got another win tonight, 6-4, to tie up the series with Medicine Hat, that's great!
What can you tell me about his play, in the four games? And possibly through out the season.

hockey4
03-28-2007, 11:42 PM
if i was to choose one player who hasnt looked all that sharp this series, it would be reimer. i believe he had a really good game one, but has allowed 14 goals in three games. none of them have been really weak, but he seems to have a hard time finding the puck, and has had a lot barely squeak through him. However, after the rebs stormed back tonight, he made some nice saves to keep the score status quo.

SectionNDeserter
03-29-2007, 06:03 AM
I pretty much agree with Hockey4 on his performance in the playoffs so far. As far as his regular season performance goes, in the bulk of his games this year he has generally let in one soft goal per game. At the start of the year he was putting out some pretty greasy rebounds as well, but he has obviously been working on that in practice, as the number of those has gone down quite a bit.

mapletoft
03-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Reimer has had a great year. He played behind an extremely suspect defense all year. Yes, he has let in some soft goals, but which WHL goaltender doesn't. For the Leafs sake as a prospect he has progressed extremely well. Since the days of Cam Ward, we haven't had a solid goalie tending the Rebel nets. (except for Josh Lepp) His poise and positioning are two stengths of his. He is a team player and has been great for Morgan Clark, our back-up goalie, to work with.

In the playoffs so far he has had a couple of bad bounces get by him but hasn't lost his composure. His teammates seem confident in him which will serve us well for the rest of the playoffs!