PDA

View Full Version : What a Crowd

hockey4
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
was it just me, or was the crowd really into it last night. I said to the guy i was sitting with, and in 5 years thats the most energetic and loud i have ever seen that building. Numerous chanys started throughout the game, and a loud welcome when the team came out, good to see!!!

Shinyshoes
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Thats the best I have seen in a long time....probly since the Mem Cup run.

Keep it up guys! Louder in Game 6!

Hockey101
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
it was load enough that i couldn't even hear that siren!!!!! punk rock

SectionNDeserter
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Shhh, there is no siren! ;)

Rebel66
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, I have NO voice today. NONE. NADA. Trouble is my job demands that I talk to lots of customers in the day! Not today I'm not!!!!! Managed to get lots of "Go Rebels Go" chants going in section R. Excellent response. Best for ages.

Shinyshoes
03-29-2007, 11:32 AM
it was load enough that i couldn't even hear that siren!!!!! punk rockGuess we need 5 or 6 other people to get one so you can hear them all over the rink. Hockey101, you could start with this one .... http://tinyurl.com/yvasjb

Hockey101
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Guess we need 5 or 6 other people to get one so you can hear them all over the rink. Hockey101, you could start with this one .... http://tinyurl.com/yvasjb

Yes that i could do it would make all the oldies in the section hate me worse then they already do yeehoo . Too late this year but next year count me in. Thats one down 5 more people to go. What a minute why dont they just stick a big one up in the rink along with the video replay screen also!!! punk rock

RDRebelsfan
03-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, I have NO voice today. NONE. NADA. Trouble is my job demands that I talk to lots of customers in the day! Not today I'm not!!!!! Managed to get lots of "Go Rebels Go" chants going in section R. Excellent response. Best for ages.

Yea I noticed. I was up in TT, doing my huge share of cheering, and heckling Keetley and yelling "pylon" at Baldwin. So if you heard any of the following

"Pylon!"

"Keetley! Your girlfriend is watching you"

you know whose mouth that came from :D

btw you sit behind these people I know don't you?

RDRebelsfan
03-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Yes that i could do it would make all the oldies in the section hate me worse then they already do yeehoo . Too late this year but next year count me in. Thats one down 5 more people to go. What a minute why dont they just stick a big one up in the rink along with the video replay screen also!!! punk rock

no, no. I've mentioned this to their music guy already. Instead of that recorded horn, they need a real loud Dallas Stars like horn hooked up near the score clock, complete with a hooked up push button ready for someone to blast the **** out of that thing!!

hockey4
04-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow, just wow. the crowd was at a whole new level tonight. Ive been watching games since 1994, and never, even during the cup run, have i heard a crowd like that. Always chanting, just a great feeling.

Rebels30
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Was a GREAT crowd last night! yeehoo I was wondering if there was any sort of fan bus going up for game 7 or are just individuals going up? The crowd up there is going to be insane!

Go Rebels Go :clap:

Rebel66
04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow, just wow. the crowd was at a whole new level tonight. Ive been watching games since 1994, and never, even during the cup run, have i heard a crowd like that. Always chanting, just a great feeling.

I thought it was pretty good too, especially in the third period. Again, I've no voice today as I started chants in section R as much as possible. Interesting that a Tigers fan at the game, on the white board, not only lambasts Rebels fans in general but says that there was no atmosphere at the game at all. Interesting what the other side sees......

Tigers still heavy favourites but the Rebels really do have very little pressure on them now. They've already surpassed expectations.

tiger fan 4 life
04-02-2007, 07:00 PM
this series has been an absolute war, and looking forward to the final chapter tomorrow night. Any Red Deer posters making their way down to the game??

SectionNDeserter
04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I think the difference in the noise level of the crowd last night was directly proportional to the Medicine Hat fans that came down. In games 3 and 4, the Medicine Hat fans were relatively quiet and seemed to be low in numbers. I don't think that the Rebel's faithful wanted to be outdone by the rowdy bus load of drunken face painters that we got in game 6 (which I always find more enjoyable than the quiet ones), so they took it up a notch. Wish I could make it down there for game 7, but I have other plans.