PDA

View Full Version : Possible to force someone into a role?

old_time_hockey
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Here is a picture of a kid that is on the AA PeeWee Rep Team in Kitimat BC. My brother in law is the head coach. Check out the size of him not only compared to his teammates, but to the assistant coach. Granted he is on skates, but still.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/old_time_hockey/B-Kitimat20team.jpg

He doesn't have the most skill in the world and his play away from the puck is a little lacking but he has decent skating. I mean he is on the rep team and it isn't just for his size. My nephew is a Dman on the team and he is a fairly big boy. Multi-sport player and solid. If he hits you, you know it. So this other kid is capable of playing a role.

I am just wondering what people's opinion was on any team that might take a chance on the big guy, maybe in late, late rounds of the bantam draft then bringing him to a hockey camp over a summer and work him hard in the areas he needs to improve on and maybe get a grinder/enforcer guy no one would want to mess with.

I taught this kid in swimming lessons. And even at the age of 6 he was big compared to the rest of the kids and strong. So he is probably still going to grow some more still.

SectionNDeserter
03-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Yikes! Might be time to test the groundwater in Kitimat! :skeptical

Dwight Schrute
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
how old is this kid ?

old_time_hockey
03-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Well this is his last year of peewee starting bantam next year so that makes him 13 I think. Cause you get drafted at 15 in your last year of Bantam.