PDA

View Full Version : 2007 CHL Import...

Trav
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Which WHL teams will be taking part in this year's CHL Euro draft and what would u like ur team to go for, forward, d-man or goaltender?

For me, I'd like to see the Blades pick one or two euro forwards, depending on whether or not Konecny comes back but the feeling around here is that Molleken will pick a euro d-man :spineyes: Sure hope not, the last one they had wasnt that good.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Why do all blades fans keep going on about how they think Visnak sucks? He isnt that bad of a player at all, give him some time to develop!!

Remember that he still has to adjust to the N.A game, and just because he doesnt quite adjust as quickly as Konecny doesnt mean that you should jsut send him back. Give him a chance, he didnt even play 50 games this year, and he was 4th top scoring defenceman. I think his #'s would probably double at least if he plays a full season on a strong blades team next year.

Edit:

I would like to see the pats go get a high scoring 19 year old european. One of those pure offensive euros that europe has comnig out of their ying yang. Since our import pick wont be all that high, I doubt we could get an 18 year old with the same scoring prowess, but if that is possible I hope they go for it.

Basically, I just want a high scoring forward to add some more offence to our line up, being that our defence is already very good, and our goaltending is all in order.

WHEATMAN
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Brandon will likely keep Daniel Bartek and try to pick up a high scoring forward to fill the void of Juraj Simek. Although I wouldn't rule out Brandon taking a defenseman, although it seems unlikely.

SectionNDeserter
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Why do all blades fans keep going on about how they think Visnak sucks? He isnt that bad of a player at all, give him some time to develop!! What Visnak has working against him is that he is 19 years old. A lot of import players arrive in the WHL when they are older than most of the other players, and there is a lot of pressure on them to perform right away, as they don't usually have as much time to develop in the WHL as the other players.

Trav
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
The Blades will be picking pretty high in the euro draft, top 15 at least. Visnak seems to have a big shoulder problem so why not go for a offensive d-man that is bigger, stronger, maybe even a top 08 NHL prospect that could do really well in the WHL. Look at Juraj Valach for the Americans. He had a good year here, he's 17, he adjusted really well. Go for a guy like him or else go for a scoring forward which really I hope they do.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
I do not think he "SUCKS" it is just that he had a difficult time with his shoulder problem and his size most likely did not give him an advantage. So he was a good player and I agree if he played in more games his point total would increase. It will be interesting to see what the Blades do(it scares me a little bit too but I think Molleken has learned his lesson.)

Also I think that Konecny WILL be back next season. Then again you just never know,but I think that the Blades will pick one new import,but with Konecny and Visnak's history of injuries is obviously a cause for concern,but then again giviing them more time to adjust and get used to the PHYSICAL North American game will help,maybe the Blades will pick up a monster defensemen from a country not known for Euro players (Germany) :laugh: to come over to North America(or even the NHL)

Whatever happens I just hope that the Blades get a good player and one that can STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peatfan
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Hitmen will have Flgren back and an outside chance of Pettersson back as an overage. Although the Oliers will probably want Freddie in the AHL. The Hitmen will likely draft a forward as they have 7 def back plus a couple of good prospects for next year.

nhl Boogaard'd pbj nhl Boogaard'd pbj nhl Boogaard'd pbj

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
of potential picks for the CHL Import Draft: http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/euro_skater0107.pdf

Goalies:http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/euro_goalies0107.pdf

Something else that I found humourous was that the #1 rated european goalie: Mark Owuya auditioned in World Idol/Swedish Idol,here is a video of him singing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG1F9kUDBHw

(if that is him,I do not really know for sure? But I think it is)

d-man
03-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Broncos will likely have Stieler back. Rakos will be an overage and his return will depend on the expansion draft - too bad he didn't play the regular season with the heart & desire he has shown in the playoffs - tough call here.

N.W. Bruin
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Bruins to release Kangasmaki (it is a case of them picking at # 10 overall) to upgrade at forward.

The fact that the Bruins made the playoffs doesn't matter on the Euro pick as that goes by league point totals with any expansion team going first in league order. Only matter with the import draft is the leagues switch spots every year so each league takes turns at # 1 & # 2 & 3.

WHL picks first this year

Order of WHL picks
1. Edmonton Oil Kings
4. Portland Winter Hawks
7. Kelowna Rockets
10. Chilliwack Bruins
13. Saskatoon Blades
16. Moose Jaw Warriors
19. Prince Albert Raiders
22. Swift Current Broncos
25. Lethbridge Hurricanes
28. Prince George Cougars
31. Red Deer Rebels
34. Spokane Chiefs
37. Regina Pats
40. Calgary Hitmen
43. Kamloops Blazers
46. Seattle Thunderbirds
49. Brandon Wheat Kings
52. Tri-City Americans
55. Vancouver Giants
? . Kootenay Ice
? . Medicine Hat Tigers
? . Everett Silvertips

Last several not sure without checking other leagues' sizes. There maybe a bunch of WHL teams drafting back to back.

Giants to draft a Euro defenceman as Bliznak likely not back as a overage Euro plus they need another defenceman where they only return Regner and Blum for sure as well as seldom used Toigo. Mikkelson return as overage up in the air.

Flathead
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Broncos will likely have Stieler back. Rakos will be an overage and his return will depend on the expansion draft - too bad he didn't play the regular season with the heart & desire he has shown in the playoffs - tough call here.
Steiler had my vote for most improved player, not to take anything away from Smith. Rakos has played alright these playoffs with the exception of game four when he didn't see much ice time after taking his brutal penalty that the Pats scored the game winning goal on. Tough call is right, Steiler will be back and I would say Rakos probally will be as well.

Dwight Schrute
03-31-2007, 05:28 PM
raiders will probably be picking 2 forwards(hopefully no more 3rd liner plugs) jurik's role can easily be filled by a player without using a import spot. also zeliska at time has looked awesome and yet horrible. its probably a question of if he wants to come back (remember several healthy scratches) which he probably wont

raiders are set on d and in net. just need more scoring

Triton
03-31-2007, 06:42 PM
of potential picks for the CHL Import Draft: http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/euro_skater0107.pdf

Goalies:http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankings/euro_goalies0107.pdf

Something else that I found humourous was that the #1 rated european goalie: Mark Owuya auditioned in World Idol/Swedish Idol,here is a video of him singing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG1F9kUDBHw

(if that is him,I do not really know for sure? But I think it is)

Number 12 on that list...is that how it's pronounced? Funny name.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Number 12 on that list...is that how it's pronounced? Funny name.
Yes I do believe that is the way it is pronounced,Oh how those european's have very messed up names. :laugh:

chiefs20167
04-02-2007, 05:15 PM
For the Chiefs they need just 1 Euro, Roman will stay and will continue to improve. Grabner is said to be moving on, besides he would be a 20 yr old Euro next season.

The Chiefs could use a defenseman mainly, unless there's a highly talented forward available.