PDA

View Full Version : GM 5 Preview

dondo
03-30-2007, 12:09 PM
GAME 5

Keep good notes folks because I won't be able to see or even listen to the game -- son of a.... :skeptical :( ... here's hoping the Giants pull this one out tonight and get a bit of a rest before advancing to round two. I want all the details, and Beaner's busy tonight as well so he wants all the details too and I cannot provide them tonight.

Vancouver Giants vs Chilliwack Bruins
Friday March 30th, 2007
Pacific Coliseum
7:30pm PDT

Radio: AM730 (poss. AM980 – )
TV: Shaw (not confirmed as definite, but in the works)
Web: whltv.ca

The Chilliwack Bruins face elimination tonight and need the win to force a game six back in the valley. The Bruins are only the fourth expansion team to make it to the post-season in their first year and have the markings of what could be a pedigree team. If the Bruins are to triumph tonight Alex Archibald needs to continue his stellar play, and they need to find a way to get their top guns back on the score sheet. Counting for almost half of the Bruins total goals on the season the Bruins have lived and died on the fortunes of the line of Moller, Santorelli and Aspenlind. Regardless of how this series ends the Chilliwack team can look themselves in the mirror and feel proud at their accomplishments.

The Giants, can wrap up the series tonight but they need to continue to do what they have done the past two games on the road, at home. Be dominant in all areas of the ice, get solid if not spectacular goaltending and press hard on the forecheck while skating hard to cover the defensive side of the puck when needed. The G-Men need to punish the Bruins defense, go to the net and if need be crash the crease for those loose pucks.

Kenndal McArdle, Brendan Mikkelson and Mike Wuchterl lead the Giants in the series with 4 points each, McArdle and Wuchterl have 2G and 2A, while Mikkelson has 1G and 3A. Blum, Bliznak and Repik all have 3 points. Tyson Sexsmith after a very shaky start seems to have settled back into a groove and looks to be ready to take that next step. The Giants strength comes from being able roll all four lines and get scoring or defense from any of those lines. They are best when they play an aggressive game, but that knife edge they skate can easily shift into penalty trouble if they aren’t careful (or get an especially biased official as they did in game two). Even though they had the best PK in the league during the season they have already given up 5 PP goals against in this series.

Carebear
03-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I'll keep good mental notes for ya!

old_time_hockey
03-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Wonder if Kane stays in. They were talking of rotating in one of the sitting 16 yearolds.

I'd keep him in. He has worked out well thus far. And this is amazing experience for him next year.

langdak
03-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Wonder if Kane stays in. They were talking of rotating in one of the sitting 16 yearolds.

I'd keep him in. He has worked out well thus far. And this is amazing experience for him next year.

Newspaper article said Kane is out tonite and Wright is back in.

old_time_hockey
03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Ah, thanks.

I guess there is some merit in getting Wright some more playoff time.