PDA

View Full Version : Watt to face suspension

N.W. Bruin
03-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Dumb move on his part and now he will surely face a suspension. My guess one or two games. There will be fines and a couple more suspensions. But any Bruins suspended will serve them at the start of next season. (Though Kraus didn't fight I hope the league doesn't suspend him again for his antics as he almost started a full scale brawl after things seemed to be cooling down.

As for the handshake being cancelled by the refs a good call as something would have happened. And it isn't common but has happened in the past. Not to mention in the old three team round robins there was no hand shake at all because the third team wasn't even on the ice.

C.F
03-31-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd sure hope so. Watt's antics really are tiresome.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-31-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd sure hope so. Watt's antics really are tiresome.
When he's ON and focusing, he's a terrific player. But I just can't even try and defend his garbage anymore. He can't win with grace and he can't lose with grace. Petulant and immature. And the truth is, he had an excellent game last night, but...

old_time_hockey
03-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Well sticks and stones may break my bones but NAMES will never hurt me. Hang that one up in the Bruins locker room.

If the Bruins didn't respond to Watt, then Watt alone looks like a goof. But the Bruins stooped to Watts level

I don't like it when Watt does crap like beaking off to the bench. But by engaging Watt in his stupidity does not give them the right to sit in a spotlight of virtue. The punch to the back of the head to Lucic that came from the Bruins bench is proof of this.

Sauriol
03-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Hahaha Watt

Priceisright
03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
He is very immature and I wouldn't doubt one bit that many of his fellow teammates do not appreciate is undisciplined, selfish play! Not the brightest bulb for sure.

He has a lot of growing up to do.

Kassian
04-01-2007, 12:08 AM
I disagree. When Watt is playing with emotion and passion he's an effective player. When he isn't, the guy just is not the same. Watt sometimes crosses the line but to be honest I enjoy that. That kind of edge to the game is all but gone and it's nice to see from time to time. Anybody that actually believes Watt did what he did for no reason is fooling themselves. There was plenty of trash talk going on all series long (specifically between Watt and Glennie) and it just blew up at the end. That happens in hockey and it isn't a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Either way I'm sure Watt will be suspended and that is unfortunate but I am not going to knock the guy for playing with emotion.

dondo
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I don't mind the emotional Watt so much as the dumb as a sack of hammers Watt where he'll take useless penalties for the only reason being that he felt like it -- dumb stuff.

He needs to wind back up the scoring Watt and forget about the cheap shot yappy Watt -- he tires me.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't mind the emotional Watt so much as the dumb as a sack of hammers Watt where he'll take useless penalties for the only reason being that he felt like it -- dumb stuff.

He needs to wind back up the scoring Watt and forget about the cheap shot yappy Watt -- he tires me.
This is exactly it. When I'm watching Watt play, I've constantly got the voice of Pierre McQuire going on in my head in the way that he usually refers to Steve Downie.
"There's Good Watt, and there's Bad Watt. THAT right there is an example of Bad Watt".

GF71
04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
JD got one game "for actions post-game vs. Chilliwack"

Bunghole got 2 games for the same actions.

Both teams were fined $2500.00

GF71
04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
JD got one game "for post-game actions vs. Chilliwack" applause

Beaner
04-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Watt is lucky it was only 1 game, and not 2.

dondo
04-04-2007, 12:48 AM
indeed -- we all knew he was going to get suspended for the game misconduct. Sitting down doesn't hurt Watt in the least or the team in my mind for one game, and maybe it'll smarten him up but I doubt it.

Watt admitted taunting the Bruin bench aftre the win getting the final word in in the war of trash talk, he's also unrepentant about the act and thinks he shouldn't get a suspension -- yeah right JD -- what freaking turnip truck did you just fall off of?

Little D
04-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Another thing to consider is "the next level". The WHL in my mind is a training ground for young players, and the fact that Watt keeps making the same mistakes, and same decisions time and time again doesn't impress the scouts. The emotional plays, the fire, and playing on "The emotional line" is great.. but stepping over it too often won't get you to the next level.

There are a lot of good players going for not a lot of jobs after the WHL, and sometimes attitude can speak as loud as skill. Watching Games, he's one of the players that "stands out", but there is no room in this game for being an idiot.

I don't think Watt has yet learned about the "professional" side of being a Pro hockey player. It's a shame too, because he does have potential, and some skill to go with.

old_time_hockey
04-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Well JD and Iginla should be best of buds. They moan and complain and beakoff the same amount.

In a way, I actually feel a little bit sorry for JD. Sometimes he gets screwed by the refs. Because of his previous actions, I feel that a lot of refs are harder on him. Especially when he seems to be on a streak of great play. It seems that if he gets slashed or high sticked it slides sometimes just based on reputaion. But if his stick is near anyone he must have done something wrong so in the box you go.

But in the end he made his bed...

Kassian
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Personally I'm with Watt here. I don't think he did anything wrong either. If you start suspending players for trash talking, guys would be suspended on a nightly basis. But to each his own.

ihlemic10
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Here is a clip of it for those that missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-G7awBc14

Little wonder why they did not do the handshakes...