PDA

View Full Version : It Aint Over Yet

hockey4
03-31-2007, 01:03 PM
We dominated the play in the third of game 5, and it looks like we played a really good game last night (even held them to 21 shots, WITH 10 power plays). I just have a feeling this is like the flames series last year, up going into game 6 but were being outplayed, and we all know hoe that ended.

We do need reimer to step up. he just hasnt played well enough for the rebels to win this series.

Tigerfan96
03-31-2007, 05:19 PM
mm i dont kno what hockey game you watched but im sorry red deer did not dominate any play! it was a good back and forth game but wasnt much dominating... unless you count the 4-0 score :laugh:

Tiger Trauma
03-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Your right it aint over yet.

The rebels are doing one hell of a job limiting our forecheck. Reimer probably could have stopped one or two of our goals, but he also stopped darren helm on a breakaway.

I hear derek dorsett is almost ready and is day-to -day. So we may get a boost for sunday's game. Lets hope the refs are consistent, and call a good game both ways.

SectionNDeserter
03-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I think what Hockey4 meant was that the play rarely left the Tiger's end in the 3rd period. They just didn't dominate Keetley :D

Tiger Trauma
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Wray of red deer has been suspended for his hit on kris russel, just saw the post on the white board, then checked with www.whl.ca , the length is to be determined

Rebel66
04-01-2007, 12:37 AM

We do need reimer to step up. he just hasnt played well enough for the rebels to win this series.

I didn't get to watch or listen to game five but I would entirely agree with this. Reimer has been good at times in this series but nowhere near good enough to win this series on current form. Keetley has also struggled a little at times but also has two shutouts to his credit. There have been a number of really soft goals against in this series that really had no business ending up in the net. Sure some was just bad luck but, like it or not, goaltending has to take some of the blame.

That being said, the Rebels overall have battled extremely hard throughout. Their strategy is the right one, even if the Tigers and their fans dislike it. The Rebels are outmanned so they do have to bang and crash at every opportunity. They would never compete with this team in a run and gun situation.

Game six looms and it should be a great one. Personally I would be very surprised if we don't have a Game seven on the horizon. For that to happen we need Mr. Reimer to make some though saves. We know he's capable......

Tinner
04-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Without putting to much pressure on Reimer, he has to play at his best, but the success of that happening depends on how well the team and especially the D plays in front of him. From what I've seen and heard, he has made some good/great saves and has let a couple of softies in, but the D has abandonned him far to much.

Reims will and can have stellar preformances as long as he gets better support. I really don't think goaltending is going to sink the ship but rather poor preformances by the D in the defensive zone.

longtimefan7
04-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Reimer has made some timely saves though. Backchecking is probably the biggest issue right now. There are way to many odd man rushes available to the Tigers. Those odd man rushes leave the Dmen high and dry as well. Good defensive play by all 5 players and the Rebels will shut the Tigers down. Their powerplay has out shone ours and thats been the difference in the games. Our first unit was exceptional in the first game, but notta since. Maybe time for some last minute changes for game 6.

GO REBELS GO!!!!!!!!