PDA

View Full Version : Later gets the award

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
For acting pretty darn classless these past two games.. First of all rubbing in the OT win last night, THEN tonight going after our smaller 16 yr old (McRae) and then pointing to the scoreboard afterwards. Yea way to go man, no wonder you couldn't even stick around a month with us :burningma

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
So you're saying Later is a classier player than any of those three? :skeptical

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I am not saying those guys have class but really it's so sad when a player has to rub it in after such a blowout.... :turkey:

Billy Blade
03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
do you thimk flatt,boldt,or haw have class? i'm thinking laters points would have made the blades finish #1 hands down

A 20 year old taking on a 16 year old is pathetic no matter how you try and spin it. Especially when he is 4 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Later is a punk.

Triton
03-02-2005, 10:34 PM
You don't know how it got started,only by what you heard on the radio,so quit making alligations.Maybe if you were there than maybe you could defend your arguement.But who knows Mccrae could have started it,who knows.So what your saying is that if a 16 spears a 20 year old it's okay and that the 20 year old should just skate away?If your big enough to erk on others as a 16 year old than you better back it up cause just cause your a rook doesn't mean he'll kiss your butt and call it ice cream,expect to drop the mitts.He's big enough to play in this league,he better get used to battling with the older players.But in conclusion,we don't know how it got started,so the end with that.

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Yea so every time we irk an opposing player we should expect to drop the mitts? Yup ok :thumb:

Billy Blade
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
You don't know how it got started,only by what you heard on the radio,so quit making alligations.

I don't care how it got started. I've seen McCrae play all year and know what he's about. The kid has 38 penalty minutes. I also know what Later is like after seeing him last year and between that and the radio call I have come to a more likely conclusion than your scenario. Either way I don't care. A much bigger 20 year old should never be taking on a smaller 16 year old in a multiple fight situation. It just shows how gutless he is.

Billy Blade
03-02-2005, 11:27 PM
and i didnt hear any blade fans thinking it wasent right in p.a when our 16 year olds were beating up blades 2 or 3 years older than them

Please. Do you really think any of the Blades other than Haw can actually handle themselves in a fight? Big accomplishment there. Typical at-home Raider hockey anyway, dragging the game down to a knock-em-down street brawl cheap shot show while the local yokels salivate and scream like a hungry pack of jackals. ;)

Furback
03-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Billy Blade sounds a little bitter so later taught a 16 year old a leason big deal tough love i say. The Bottom line is saskatoon has come apart in the last half of the year poor blades seems they got a little overatted well i see a first round loss remind me of the raiders last year got off to a great start then struggled last half of the season, raiders in 6.

E_Girlie
03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Nah I don't think the Blades got overrated, no one thought we'd do half as good as we did since our disappointing season last year. I think we've surprised a lot of people since the season began. :groovy:

Furback
03-03-2005, 12:39 AM
i meen the played over there heads for this year now there crashing down to earth its fun to watch.

Joe Hallenback
03-03-2005, 01:41 AM
After watching Brandon play Saskatoon 3 times this season I would have to say the Blades are by far one fo the chippest teams in the WHL. Later is no angel but when some 16 year old kid is mouthing you its time to lay the smack down.

By the way the score was 8 to 0 in favor of Brandon at that time who do you think was pissed off?

I think the Blades are a good team but they are a little small especially compared to Brandon. They got pushed around most of the night and it showed on the scoreboard

Billy Blade
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Stupid boneheaded penalties like the ones the Blades have taken all season do not make a team tough. It just makes them undisciplined. Flatt can be thanked for a large majority of those. I don't know why you think I'm coming apart... At least I can put my thoughts out with proper grammar and spelling which shows that I'm level headed about this. :p

As far as the Blades being over-rated this season, that was by everybody outside of Saskatoon. Anybody who has been watching and following the Blades and has any common sense knew that this is a team with some good offensive talent, young and inexperienced (read: weak) defense, inconsistent goaltending, are undisciplined, and mentally weak with a poor work ethic. They surpassed my expectations this season and I'm thankful for that. I picked Brandon to finish first in the East before the season began and am not surprised at their play down the stretch. They are a very good team all the way around.

You're showing the typical Raider fan colours though right now. Beaking off and talking smack when your own team is nothing to write home about either. Get a clue, I don't take anything said about the Blades personally. I'm not that emotionally involved in something that I have no control over. I just watch the games and cheer for them is all.

grumphy
03-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Get a clue, I don't take anything said about the Blades personally. I'm not that emotionally involved in something that I have no control over. I just watch the games and cheer for them is all.
Excellent Post, :thumb: I wish all fans would look @ thier teams this way :laugh:

E_Girlie
03-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Billy Blade.....good post. :thumb:

Billy Blade
03-03-2005, 02:11 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is the only reason in my mind that the Blades are where they are today is because of the excellent coaching staff. Lorne Molleken and Chad Mercier have been great additions to the organization and deserve a lot of the credit. Rumours are swirling that some of the players are unhappy about the coaches, that they are too hard on them. Of course some soft players who don't want to work hard would think that way, but it's a reality check for them. Nobody is going to get into the NHL without hard work, and there is not one player on this team that is more important than the coaches. An attitude like that will only get them shipped out over the off-season.

In my opinion, most of the guys on the Blades are great guys off the ice with a very good sense of community and responsibility to the fans. I haven't met one of them who haven't been very courteous and polite, especially to young children who look up to them so much. On the ice though, I've been disappointed with the effort I've seen from some over the last half of the season and unfortunately that is just something that is difficult to teach.

Furback
03-03-2005, 04:48 PM
At least I can put my thoughts out with proper grammar and spelling which shows that I'm level headed about this.

hey Grammer has nothing to do with hockey that was a cheap shot to take billy but hey your a stoon fan need i say more.