PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to Hang Heads About

chiefs20167
04-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Who would have thought the Chiefs would have lasted as long as they did against the Tips? I did.

Tonights final game was much closer than the 4-1 score. The Chiefs once again played with heart, grit, and determination. They have nothing the hang their heads about. I for one am very proud of this year's team. The future looks very bright.

Tic is going to be amazing. That kid can play.

Best luck to the boys moving on.

applause applause applause

HAF
04-02-2007, 12:45 AM
I was really hoping the Chiefs could get the upset in that series. I was hoping to come up for a few games in round two. I'm not prepared for life without hockey yet even if that means I'd have to root for the Chiefs.
You knew it was going to be a tough series in round one but I definately think you guys turned some heads and gained a little respect. There is nothing to be ashamed about.

LinkGaetzFan
04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
They played better in the three playoff games than the other games I went to this year. They actually finished their checks, their passing was more accurate, and they played their hearts out. The future does look bright, but I have very little faith in Tim Speltz so I'm not expecting a whole lot.

The last thing I want to see is Everett moving on though. Nothing against the fans or players, but Kevin Constantine represents all that is unholy in hockey: diving, whining, trapping, and clutching/grabbing. I have zero respect for that guy. :burningma

Redwic
04-02-2007, 02:53 PM
The Spokane Chiefs have nothing to be ashamed of. Their team played an intense, hard-fought series, basically holding their own against the WHL's Regular Season Champions. This series really could have gone either way, and the Chiefs scouted the Silvertips very well.

Tokarski played outstanding hockey, Cowen is a big boy (but definitely played like a rookie), and the future definitely looks bright for the Chiefs. I would personally give it another season before they start to dominate the division, but they have been a really unpredictable team for several seasons now. Anything is possible, but at least a good foundation is in place.
------------

My only gripe was that I have never encountered so many *little* kids (Spokane fans) cussing-out opposing fans (Everett fans). Numerous Everett fans were being told unprovoked obscenities by children (younger than teenagers), before, during, and after the away games, for which the parents should have set a better example and stopped that from happening. Actually, the adults that Silvertips fans met in Spokane were generally friendlier and more hospitable than the little kids. Bizarre!

Best of luck to your team next season.

LinkGaetzFan
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
My only gripe was that I have never encountered so many *little* kids (Spokane fans) cussing-out opposing fans (Everett fans). Numerous Everett fans were being told unprovoked obscenities by children (younger than teenagers), before, during, and after the away games, for which the parents should have set a better example and stopped that from happening. Actually, the adults that Silvertips fans met in Spokane were generally friendlier and more hospitable than the little kids. Bizarre!

Best of luck to your team next season.

Funny, I thought the same about many of the teenage Everett fans last night walking around the arena making rude comments (which I won't repeat here) and facial gestures as they walked by. Then I remember the YouTube video of Everett fans flipping off the Chiefs and making the ever-clever "L" hand loser sign as they skate off the ice after the end-game altercation. These people are everywhere.

Just for future reference, if you plan a trip to see a game in Spokane during the regular season, stay away from "Buck Night" as that usually draws many of these "choice' individuals. :p

HAF
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Funny, I thought the same about many of the teenage Everett fans last night walking around the arena making rude comments (which I won't repeat here) and facial gestures as they walked by. Then I remember the YouTube video of Everett fans flipping off the Chiefs and making the ever-clever "L" hand loser sign as they skate off the ice after the end-game altercation. These people are everywhere.

Just for future reference, if you plan a trip to see a game in Spokane during the regular season, stay away from "Buck Night" as that usually draws many of these "choice' individuals. :p

It kind of makes me chuckle whenever Everett fans complain about how they have been treated in other barns. I too have seen the youtube videos, and the picture of the woman and her kids holding the "short bus" sign regarding Spokane players. I've seen how some of the Everett fans act when they are in our barn and I can only imagine how it is when they are at home.

ihlemic10
04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
It kind of makes me chuckle whenever Everett fans complain about how they have been treated in other barns. I too have seen the youtube videos, and the picture of the woman and her kids holding the "short bus" sign regarding Spokane players. I've seen how some of the Everett fans act when they are in our barn and I can only imagine how it is when they are at home.

His point was that it was little kids, in the 10 year old range. No Adults or Teenages did it to Redwic as I sat next to him at the game. If there is one thing that I will label classless its what kind of parent would allow a 10 year to drop f-bombs at people? Low if you ask me, also are you saying that Everett is the only barn in the history of Hockey to have someone flip the bird and flash the loser sign? If it is, then I will call that a another glorious Silvertip record. Don't get me stared on what I saw at the Seattle TC game by Seattle fans, it really turns into the pot calling the kettle black with them.

LinkGaetzFan
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Instead of whining about it here, why didn't you ask the section leader to take care of the problem? That's what they're there for.

ihlemic10
04-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm not whining, just adding my two cents about the classless fans that EVERY arena has not just Everett.

rinkrat
04-03-2007, 08:16 PM
It seems like there are more clowns at the rink during the playoffs. I think there are many young,drunk people experiencing their first or second game, as the ticket hype increases in the playoffs.
Its likely not season ticket holders (or posters on whlfans.ca) doing the dirty deeds.

ihlemic10
04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah it just sucks that if you say you are from Everett you get called classless hick...

It would be like me calling your rinkrat a typical arrogant Vancouver fan, although I know otherwise. (still got that puck, put it to good use even, looks wierd to everett fans at the stick and puck hunting around for it)

rinkrat
04-03-2007, 09:09 PM
It would be like me calling your rinkrat a typical arrogant Vancouver fan

Actually I'm not from Vancouver, I'm a hick from Richmond. LOL :clown:

ihlemic10
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Actually I'm not from Vancouver, I'm a hick from Richmond. LOL :clown:

Screw Richmond, we got lost there trying to get to the border...someone supposed to be navagating said 'keep going south, we'll hit the border' instead we got to the river or something like that. Finally I got the nerve as driver to pull over and get a map...problem solved.

rinkrat
04-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Screw Richmond, we got lost there trying to get to the border...someone supposed to be navagating said 'keep going south, we'll hit the border' instead we got to the river or something like that. Finally I got the nerve as driver to pull over and get a map...problem solved.

Pretty hard to get lost in Richmond,were flat and have no curves in the roads,they're virtually straight. Except for that corner at Garden City at Granville, it has 4 or 5 options pretty crazy.

Richmond.just go south to Steveston Hwy (its the last main rd before the river), head east follow directions on the street signs for 99South or Seattle etc...Its the route through the tunnel.

Jimmypop316
04-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Theres idiot fans of all ages at EVERY rink.

But then again, there are classy AWESOME fans at every single rink, and the thing is they outnumber the idiots by so much. Its too bad that the idiocy of the several and few (IE: Everett right now) outweigh them.

I was over in Everett for all the games this playoff series and had nothing but an awesome experience except for a drunkard after the OT loss, and some little punk kid.

Spokane Sin Bin
04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
The Chiefs had a great season. They played their hearts out Sunday night. The game was closer then the score showed. If the refs would have called a better game, the Chiefs might have have won the game. Oh well!!! nhl3 I can't wait for next season.

LinkGaetzFan
04-04-2007, 11:24 PM
The Chiefs had a great season. They played their hearts out Sunday night. The game was closer then the score showed. If the refs would have called a better game, the Chiefs might have have won the game. Oh well!!! nhl3 I can't wait for next season.

/rant ON

On that note, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe Speltz asked the WHL to tell their refs to pay more attention to Everett's interferring and diving, and in retaliation called more penalties on the Chiefs. It's been a few years since I've really complained about officiating in any way, but I got pretty heated Sunday night (as a lot of fans did).

/rant OFF :spineyes:

Spokane Sin Bin
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
I think the WHL officials favored Everett in Game 6. For some reason WHL refs are afraid to call penalties on the Tips'. With that said, it was a great game anyway.

dondo
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
well-done Chiefs hopefully you can knock off the Tips next year. Nice hard-fought battle and SSB -- I too find it odd with all the pick plays and minor interferences the Tips have as a staple of their game that they aren't called on it more as well.

We are looking forward to seeing Grabner in a Canucks uni soon as well. Pretty sure he'll be back again with you guys next season though

LinkGaetzFan
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM
We are looking forward to seeing Grabner in a Canucks uni soon as well. Pretty sure he'll be back again with you guys next season though

Wow I sure hope so, but I'm not expecting it. It's awesome watching him blow past defensemen like they're standing still. It's even better when he does that and scores a goal. :D