PDA

View Full Version : Round 2

Bran
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Medicine Hat...thoughts?

It'll be a battle, but I think they can do it. The Tigers will be tired after a long, tough series with Red Deer and will only have 2 days to recover.

patsfan33
04-03-2007, 11:28 PM
i was afraid of this

well this could and should be an interesting series

Pats have got to come out hard EVERY game ALL game, kinda of like how they played in game 1 vs the Broncos, if we play like that all series long..it'd be great

other than that, we have got to stay out of the sin bin, shoot like hell, and hit with everything we've got

Rowat has shown us his skills between the pipes, lets hope he stays hot & I wouldn't mind if a couple of the boys picked up whatever has gotten into N.Ross...whooo, in game 6 you did NOT want to cross paths with that kid

we can do it, but we're gonna have to work hard and play smart for it

GO PATS!

Fight Guy
04-04-2007, 12:00 AM
The last game against Medicine Hat, both teams played very well and had a very entertaining, close game...with Bosch playing his first career game. It will be tough, but it could go the Pats way. These teams have hardly played each other, so it's hard to say how they will match up now, but it will definitely be good.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Im in Europe for all of easter holidays, so I'll probably miss all the 2nd round games. It kind of sucks, seeing as I have watched the pats for so long(9 or 10 years without playoff success), and when they finally advance, I am not around to see it.

Oh well, I hope I can catch a game of the second round, or, dare I say, the THIRD ROUND..? (*knock on wood*)

I wish the pats good luck in this uphill battle with the tigers. The Tigers are definitely beatable, and if we play like we did in the after the deadline with our teamwork, superior speed, and physical style of play, I think we can pull it off in 6 games. Lately in the playoffs, we have not been as strong at home as we have in the regular season. Lets hope that changes this round and we show that we are more dominant at home come game 3 and 4. I hope by the time I get back that we are still in the playoff contention!

Go pats go! :thumb:

Big Ern
04-04-2007, 03:38 PM
After the Broncos are gone, I'll finally make some predictions.

Tigers in four....if not four AT MOST five. They are an awesome team.

I'm thinking of catching one game in the Hat this weekend...maybe Saturday. It's sold out, but I know the right people, and I can get tickets anytime.

It's hard not to cheer for the Tigers. They are Goliaths every season, and this year it's just awesome to watch them play. GO TIGERS GO!

Big Ern

Bran
04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
After the Broncos are gone, I'll finally make some predictions.

Tigers in four....if not four AT MOST five. They are an awesome team.

I'm thinking of catching one game in the Hat this weekend...maybe Saturday. It's sold out, but I know the right people, and I can get tickets anytime.

It's hard not to cheer for the Tigers. They are Goliaths every season, and this year it's just awesome to watch them play. GO TIGERS GO!

Big Ern
Hopefully you're as right about this series as you were about the first! ;)

Fight Guy
04-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I really can't comment on how this series will go at all because these teams have hardly played each other. Only once since the trade deadline. And it's the playoffs...anything can happen!

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
The Tigers are beatable for sure and I hope and pray that the Pats can do it,for their own sake,but also to make me feel better about it because last year in the playoffs I am sure that you remember that the Blades got swept in 4 straight. So to also exact some revenge for the team that beat them in the 1st round last season (the Saskatoon Blades and to even think I wasted my money going there for those 2 playoff games) :burningma

The Tigers came off a hard fought series,but they can be defeated. So here is too a successful round #2 in defeating the Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the schedule for the second round:

Regina VS Medicine Hat

Game #1. REG at M.H (Sat Apr 7th @ 7:30 PM)

Game #2. REG at M.H (Mon Apr 9th @ 7:00 PM)

Game #3. M.H at REG (Wed Apr 11th @ 7:00 PM)

Game #4. M.H at REG (Fri Apr 13th @ 7:00 PM)

*Game #5. REG at M.H (Sun Apr 15th @ 7:00 PM *)

*Game #6. M.H at REG (Tue Apr 17th @ 7:00 PM *)

*Game #7. REG at M.H (Wed Apr 18 7:00 PM *)

Big Ern
04-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Hopefully you're as right about this series as you were about the first! ;)

I think I predicted once or twice what would happen in the first round. I didn't ever guarantee that Swift Current would win it. I knew deep down, that Regina was better than us. I was almost proved wrong in the series, because Regina by no means outplayed the Broncos. In fact, the series winner was garbage.

With that said, I will guarantee the Tigers winning in the second round. Could go either way, but I strongly think this one will go the way of Medicine Hat.

Bran
04-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Im in Europe for all of easter holidays, so I'll probably miss all the 2nd round games. It kind of sucks, seeing as I have watched the pats for so long(9 or 10 years without playoff success), and when they finally advance, I am not around to see it.

Oh well, I hope I can catch a game of the second round, or, dare I say, the THIRD ROUND..? (*knock on wood*)

I wish the pats good luck in this uphill battle with the tigers. The Tigers are definitely beatable, and if we play like we did in the after the deadline with our teamwork, superior speed, and physical style of play, I think we can pull it off in 6 games. Lately in the playoffs, we have not been as strong at home as we have in the regular season. Lets hope that changes this round and we show that we are more dominant at home come game 3 and 4. I hope by the time I get back that we are still in the playoff contention!

Go pats go! :thumb:

Have a great trip (and happy birthday! ;)) Hopefully you come home to more hockey!

Tiger Trauma
04-04-2007, 11:51 PM
No way, this series will be more than 4 games. Were probably lookin at another 6 or 7 game series. But Big Ern, I hope your prediction comes true :laugh:

We do get 3 days rest so our boys shouldnt be tooo tired, plus the first 4 games are staggered. (1 every other day).

Gonna be a good series, Cant wait!

nivek_wahs
04-05-2007, 12:27 AM
I think I predicted once or twice what would happen in the first round. I didn't ever guarantee that Swift Current would win it. I knew deep down, that Regina was better than us. I was almost proved wrong in the series, because Regina by no means outplayed the Broncos. In fact, the series winner was garbage.

With that said, I will guarantee the Tigers winning in the second round. Could go either way, but I strongly think this one will go the way of Medicine Hat.A goal is a goal a win is a win... 4 wins takes a series and the Pats got the 4 wins first... End of series.

Hey Big Ern re-read your last sentence.

nivek_wahs
04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
I think this series is going to be a barn-burner. These are 2 teams with similar styles of play (not saying equal teams by no means). I can easily see this series going at least 6.

Red Deer gave the Tigers a hard time. But again this is uncharted territory for the Pats... They have NOTHING to lose! And like Fight Guy said we only have one matchup since the deadline so ANYTHING is possible.

nivek_wahs
04-05-2007, 12:37 AM

Big ErnIf you are referring to Medicine Hat as Goliath... I can only hope that the Pats can be David (1 Samuel 17) :D

Tigerfan96
04-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I feel this will go farther than 4 games...but im sorry the regina pats are nothing when compared to the playoff team sutter puts out. Red deer gave medicine hat a good run because of tremendous coaching... That team was not very skilled but they came together thinking that they could beat the tigers.. not to mention stole game 1 in med hat... But for my prediction 5 or 6 games nothing less and will be a fantastic series. specialy with mr dorsett back in the line up

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I feel this will go farther than 4 games...but im sorry the regina pats are nothing when compared to the playoff team sutter puts out. Red deer gave medicine hat a good run because of tremendous coaching... That team was not very skilled but they came together thinking that they could beat the tigers.. not to mention stole game 1 in med hat... But for my prediction 5 or 6 games nothing less and will be a fantastic series. specialy with mr dorsett back in the line up
Yes this series could very well go than farther 4 games and yes Sutter is a good coach,but what about Curtis Hunt?? I do not think that the Pats have came this far just because of how the players played,they need instruction and obviously Curtis Hunt has done a good job. Derek Dorsett will have to answer to the likes of Myles Stoesz and Mike Reich(if he plays) It will be a very good series for sure and good luck to both teams.

hobster
04-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Curtis hunt is probablly under the 500 mark for his career in coaching i think he's just a ok coach nothing speacial he'll be a great coach if the pats go to the finals i think the tigers will win in 5 games