PDA

View Full Version : Funky Round 2 Schedule

Golks
04-04-2007, 10:50 AM
So what is up with the funky Schedule? I am assuming it has to do with building availability. But still, It isn't very kind to both teams if it has to go to a game 7. Atleast we get one of our games on a weekend night.

Bran
04-04-2007, 12:12 PM
So what is up with the funky Schedule? I am assuming it has to do with building availability. But still, It isn't very kind to both teams if it has to go to a game 7. Atleast we get one of our games on a weekend night.
There's something going on at the MH arena on Sunday.

vote4arealclown
04-04-2007, 02:29 PM
this plays to MH big time. If they had to play back to back after getting beat on by the rebels we could have stolen two games out of there Rink.

Now we will have to work to steal both :)

GO PATS !

nivek_wahs
04-05-2007, 12:23 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=6a098b10-7c96-4138-ba5c-435a2d5afa3b

Series start delayed

Greg Harder, Leader-Post
Published: Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Regina Pats have just one complaint with their second-round playoff schedule.

"I'd rather be playing (Game 1) tonight," GM Brent Parker said with a laugh Wednesday, referring to his team's best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal against the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Parker was only half kidding.

A previous booking at the Medicine Hat Arena resulted in Game 1 being moved to Saturday, with Game 2 to follow on Monday. Typically, the opening two games of a series are played Friday-Saturday.

The change negates at least some of the advantage Regina might have enjoyed from wrapping up its first-round series against the Swift Current Broncos in Game 6 on Sunday, thus earning two extra days of rest.

Medicine Hat was forced to go the distance in its series against the Red Deer Rebels, eventually securing the victory in Game 7 on Tuesday. Had the next series been scheduled to open Friday, the Tigers would have faced a tighter turnaround with just two days to get ready for their second-round opponent. Now they have three.

"I don't think it will really matter," Parker said when asked about the fatigue factor. "The kids are accustomed to playing a lot of games and getting into that playoff groove. Certainly their guys have been through it enough times in the Hat that I don't see it really being any issue at all. Are they glad to have an extra day? Sure they are. But I think our guys probably are too."

The scheduling conflict at The Arena is the result of an event booked for next weekend, which would have overlapped with a potential Game 5.

By advancing the entire schedule, the Pats could see a slight financial benefit by playing host to Game 3 on Wednesday, rather than Tuesday, which is traditionally a poor draw. As well, Game 4 is now to be played on another preferred night -- Friday at the Brandt Centre.

THE GAMES

AND NOW FOR ROUND 2 . . .

Regina Pats vs. Medicine Hat Tigers

Saturday: Regina at Medicine Hat, 7:30 p.m.

Monday: Regina at Medicine Hat, 7 p.m.

Wednesday: Medicine Hat at Regina, 7 p.m.

April 13: Medicine Hat at Regina, 7 p.m.

April 15: Regina at Medicine Hat, 7 p.m. (if necessary).

April 17: Medicine Hat at Regina, 7 p.m. (if necessary).

April 18: Regina at Medicine Hat, 7 p.m. (if necessary).

© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2007