PDA

View Full Version : Peter Anholt?

Triton
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Anyone else at the banquet here about the interest the Oil Kings have in Anholts services?

Someone from the other table next to us were talking about it.Just wondering if anyone else heard the same rumblings.

hobster
04-05-2007, 08:42 PM
so who do you think would maybe take anholt's place if they decide to go another way maybe a steve young would be ok or how about a wendel clark then your team can be runned by the clarks that would be ok

Triton
04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I would have said Manson but he reduced his role this season plus I think you have to be able to talk if you want to be a coach.

hobster
04-05-2007, 08:56 PM
ya true true i wounder how a sign language coach would do all in all manson is a good guy though were just messing around :laugh:

Triton
04-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah I'm just messing around.I like Manson.Unfortunately,Clark may be so cheap that he'll appoint himself as head coach and continue his GM duties.I have a bad feeling about this.But if that happened he could end up being run out of town again.He's not too popular by the BOG apparently.

If not that route,I really couldn't tell you who would be available to take over the coaching duties.Maybe Bob Lowes?Unless he's already occupied with other things.

hobster
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM
i sure hope don clark doesnt take over the raider duites us blade fans didn't like him when he coached the blades all we called him was humpty dumty he should just stick to familly life and not try to up his brother cause it just wont happen

hobster
04-05-2007, 10:12 PM
i agree im also just wounder who was the raiders last coach before anholt it's been awile i would normally know im just stuck in a brain fart situation here Boogaard'd

raider guy
04-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Klippenstein

hobster
04-06-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah thats right wade klippenstein then he wnet to go coach the yorkton terriors i bealive

Dwight Schrute
04-06-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah thats right wade klippenstein then he wnet to go coach the yorkton terriors i bealive
i believe he married a chick 15 years younger then him, and is coaching u of alaska fairbanks.

in all seriousness tim leonard ????? he wouldnt have to uproot his family.

raider guy
04-06-2007, 11:33 PM
I dont think we will see tim leonard coaching the raiders next year or for a few years for that matter, i think he is happy with the mintos, and wants to continue where he is, i heard from reliable source he turned down asst coach duty for the raiders. last year

hobster
04-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I think a awesome coach would be dave adolf from the uofs huskies, he's had alot of winning seasons, the thing is he might have to much of a good thing going right now sallary wise.

nivek_wahs
04-12-2007, 04:51 AM
A snippet in the LeaderPost from...http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=003d2170-3486-4fa2-a5dc-f8ee6efb5a33&p=2

The futures of GM Donn Clark and head coach Peter Anholt are still blowing in the wind, but Clark believes the foundation of the Prince Albert Raiders is secure.

"Our team has a lot more talent than people gave it credit for early in the year," Clark told the Prince Albert Daily Herald. "A year ago people said we weren't going to win any games at all. We've shown there is some talent there."

The Raiders snuck into the playoff by the skin of their teeth, then lost to the Brandon Wheat Kings in five games.

howley
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
i heard anholt is going to be named the head scout for the blades. aha, jk

Dwight Schrute
04-18-2007, 02:40 AM
dont get our hopes up...lol
hehehe id give him a refferance.... c'mon lorne.. hire him

Sabes
04-19-2007, 09:04 PM
How about Rob Daum? He has decided not to return to Houston (AHL). Plus he's been here before and has a winning track record in CIS for Alberta.

Dwight Schrute
04-20-2007, 02:55 AM
How about Rob Daum? He has decided not to return to Houston (AHL). Plus he's been here before and has a winning track record in CIS for Alberta.
i wonder why he decided not to return. i would be quite happy to hear of him being hired

nivek_wahs
04-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Re: Rob Daum http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=1d1f2f39-f410-4066-8103-827a496c9215

Former Bears' coach fired from AHL's Aeros

CanWest News Service
Published: Friday, April 20, 2007
EDMONTON (CNS) -- Rob Daum is licking his wounds and plotting his next step after his first foray into pro hockey ended with his dismissal.

The former University of Alberta Golden Bears coach from Churchbridge spent the past two seasons guiding the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League. But a meeting with officials of the parent club Minnesota Wild on Tuesday ended his reign behind the bench.

Currently on leave from his head coaching position at the U of A while he pursues pro opportunities, Daum has the option to return to the Bears.

"The organization's looking to do some different things, and I sort of wasn't the right fit for that, so I'm looking for work," said Daum by cellphone from a driving range near his home in Houston.

He went 50-24-3-3 with the Aeros in his first year, but the club struggled through call-ups and a lineup shakeup this year and fell to 27-43-4-6.

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007