PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Klotz

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
04-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Anybody know if he's coming back next year? just wondering.

hobster
04-06-2007, 03:47 PM
If it was me running the team i would have klotz back he's like the laraque of the whl we need him to protect some our skilled players and you never know if he improves his skating he could chip in with 10 or more goals

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
If it was me running the team i would have klotz back he's like the laraque of the whl we need him to protect some our skilled players and you never know if he improves his skating he could chip in with 10 or more goals
Yes I agree 100% Also take into consideration that a 17 year old by the name of Kevin Philp Who stands 6'7 and weighs in at 231 Lbs and look for him to try and get a spot on the team,not to take away anything from Klotz,but if this kid makes the team,what happens to Klotz?

hobster
04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
it will be tough for philip to make the squad with all the fowards we have i think the blades could possible keep 14 fowards yeah and philip sure looked good in training camp last fall for me i would always like to take the younger player it's really a win win situation for the blades wheather they keep klotz or take a chance on philip

Pat The Polar Bear
04-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Garrett is staying in shape he has been spoted at The Sherwood Twins Playing ASHL!

Tidball
04-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Garrett is staying in shape he has been spoted at The Sherwood Twins Playing ASHL!

Thats awesome. If Philp can score he may take Klotz spot.

But lets imagine if the Blades iced a line of Philp, Klotz, Toomey, Lockert, and Gillie. 6'7 6'5 6'5 6'8 6'4. That be 1 F'n scarey line.

04-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Ya think? that's not a junior hockey lineup that's an NBA lineup.

Tidball
04-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Ya think? that's not a junior hockey lineup that's an NBA lineup.

But then again ice a line of Schlemko, Russell, Dorsett, Helm, Ennis, and they skate circles around everyone. Gillies would be the only 1 who could catch them.

RoundHouse
04-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Cant see Klotz going anywhere..will be one of the top fighters in the league if he stays in shape and continues to improve..and beyond him the Blades dont have much for toughness,and while the league isnt what it used to be in terms of fighting you still need a guy to do that role...and Klotz proved he could this past season,Lorne likes that type of player,so i think his job is safe.

raider guy
04-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I cannot wait to see vanner and klotz drop the mitts next year it will be one hell of a fight these two will be the toughest in the east for sure

04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Ohhh ya, I would drop my Credit Union Centre fries of they had a fight, GBGBleedBlue knows tht's not a thing that I wish upon doing but if those two tilt the ice should be a healthy colour of red.

Tidball
04-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I cannot wait to see vanner and klotz drop the mitts next year it will be one hell of a fight these two will be the toughest in the east for sure

Agreed, i like this case because both fighters LOVE dropping the mitts. Look foir these 2 to go at least 5 times next season.

Wildeyes
04-09-2007, 11:39 PM

But first the blades need skilled players

WHOA Zing u left it open haha

JK it would be a great fight vann Klotz but vann would need to remeber the LEFTS LOL

Tidball
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
vann isnt in klotz' league, he gives up a ton of size also. but he will probably fight him 8 times next year unless klotz gets sick of him. I would think the blades dont need klotz though....just because there are no heavyweights that will even fight him, unless maybe Elder grows a pair over the summer.

Very true, im sure Vann is set on being a heavy and will train very hard over the summer, i think hell give Klotz some hard times during next season. Klotz im sure will work hard during the summer too. I give Vann alot of credit for being willing to go with absolutely anyone, that takes guts. He will get better by fighting better fighters.

RoundHouse
04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Every team needs at least one guy who is a hev. This is still junior hockey and while the league isnt what it once was in terms of fighting its still there.

Granted i see what your saying about the teams out here dont carry the toughness the teams in the states have etc..i think the Blades will be keeping Klotz around always nice to have that sitting on the bench if stuff starts to get chippy...or you want to make it chippy :burningma

I cant see a team Lorne coaches not having someone..so i dont think Klotz is going anywhere (hope not anyway)

Trav
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Klotz will likely be back and seventeen year old rookie Kevin Philp could make the team to. He's a 6'7 tower from BC. Could have more skill then Klotz. Saw him at camp as a 15 yr old and looked pretty good out there, skates well. Add more muscle to those two and they may be hard to contain, especially in front of the net.