PDA

View Full Version : Blades C and A's for 2007-08

hobster
04-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Now with brad cole gone i kind of think Justin McCrae will be the blades next captain man this guy totally remind me of warren peters they both played the same and both have the simmaler numbers through there first 3 whl season and both captain teams so whit that said McCrae the captain i also think gillies wil be a assistant and ward will be another one along with a 20 year old

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
04-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Him, C-Gillies or....Garrett Klotz????

Tidball
04-07-2007, 03:41 AM
after the 1st game of this season i knew McCrae would be the next captain. Gillies will get an A. Maybe Bret Ward too. i woulda said Chris Cloud had he not got in all that trouble or whatever. Maybe Klotz, who knows. The C is a lock for McCrae

hobster
04-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I personally think Justin McCrae will captain the blades, with Colton Gillies as a assitant, and Brett Ward, and also a new 20 year old taking the last one, let me know what you all think.

Trav
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Gillies will keep his "A" probably. Doubt Ward will even be here next year. I'm going to assume Molleken will find three overagers that'll provide leadership so two of them would be the other "A's" is my prediction.

hobster
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
ward is a shoe in to be here next year the guy improved so much last season loged alot of minuts and was out second best d-man behind cole he's a shoe in to be here and a good chance to ware a A

Trav
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
He's been so so ever since he came here. Blades got a few young d-men coming up and i wouldnt be surprised if they knock Ward off the team. Why keep an average 19 yr old d-men over an up and coming 16 or 17 yr old.

hobster
04-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Okay i don't know how many blade games you go to, but you and me arent seeing the same thing, ward is really good he loged 30 +mins a game, of course near the end of the season a player will make the odd mistake, but the guy improved so much, shoots the puck more played pp 2, and showed great leadership, he's a lock to be here

maple leaf
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Okay i don't know how many blade games you go to, but you and me arent seeing the same thing, ward is really good he loged 30 +mins a game, of course near the end of the season a player will make the odd mistake, but the guy improved so much, shoots the puck more played pp 2, and showed great leadership, he's a lock to be here

I would not put Ward on the protective list in the expansion draft. 5th on the depth chart at best for the defenseman. Trav gave his opinion, you gave yours and I agree with Trav. Their is no need for your snide remarks on this board. Thank you.

hobster
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
i'll tell everybody my defenseive depth chart i will say 1.ward 2.funk 3.zahn 4.klassen 5.elliott 6.berg how do you put guys like that ahed of ward there's no way funk was injured zahn was a rookie klassen just sucks elliott was 15 and so was berg thats why ward is hands down our best d-man

nivek_wahs
04-12-2007, 04:24 AM
I merged the 2 captain threads (the Justin McCrae and the more recent one)together to make one... KEEP ON TOPIC! No need for name calling.

A side note: I tend to agree with Trav and maple leaf... But I guess Blades fans will find out the status of their blueline once the expansion draft happens. Training camp is where C's and A's are decided.

Tidball
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I merged the 2 captain threads (the Justin McCrae and the more recent one)together to make one... KEEP ON TOPIC! No need for name calling.

A side note: I tend to agree with Trav and maple leaf... But I guess Blades fans will find out the status of their blueline once the expansion draft happens. Training camp is where C's and A's are decided.

No, Gillies and McCrae will be at NHL camps so there forsurely will not decide the captains there, maybe an "A" But i think Hulak should have the "A" locked up.

hobster
04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
all i will say is if i was a betting man wich i am i would say mccrae captain with gillies ward and a 20 year old wearing a,s the blades wont go without a d-man wearing a a on there jersey ward is our best returning d-man bar none klassen isn't even close funk is injured and about the same style of player zahn is still youn and elliott and berg are rookies

wango tango
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
ward at best is a 5th or 6th dman on a team that doesn't get gutted by injuries. the blades d situation thrust a lot of playing time on him, and given that he should have improved much more than he did. he was consistently getting beat, causing two on ones going the other way. he's too slow of foot and does not have a big shot from the point.

the only reason he will continue to be a top four defenseman on this team is due to injury uncertainties (funk), and inexperience (zahn, berg, klassen, elliott). defense has to be an area molleken is looking to address in the off season.

captains should be gillies, mccrae, and ?

Tidball
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
should really get the "A". He will most likely lead the team in scoring. Ward should remain on the team, it will be fun to see what happens in training camp. Hulak IMO will not get drafted be become a steal as he is overlooked and then has a breakout season in the WHL.

Tidball
04-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Funk is healthy and ready to go. He was ready to go with about 5 games before seasons end. I talked to Zahn and Ward myself about that. They just wanted to be cautous and rest him for a LONG time. Funk will be ready, mark my words.

hobster
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
klassen really needs to go that sucks so bad he pinches to much and is kind of a *****

Tidball
04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
klassen really needs to go that sucks so bad he pinches to much and is kind of a *****
He needs to work on that, im glad he loves to pinch but he needs to ease up a bit. Other then that i love Klassen and thought he was a good pick up.

hobster
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
klassen has no skills once so ever i would put him 7 on our depth chart right where canart and freisen are

Trav
04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
He's no worse then Ward, he's also a year younger. Hobster, since you say Ward is so good so we'll see him get drafted this year.

hobster
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
ward is our best d-man on our team case and point there lets drop this subject now

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I truly think that Justin McCrae will be the next Blades captain,the assistants have many possible candidates,and I do not know if I would give Ward an A,and of course Gillies and Hulak have a good shot at that too, as well as one of the 20 year old(of the 2 or 3 that is brought in)

I think there is maybe one other candidate for the Captaincy,but I still think that McCrae will be the guy. Obviously nothing is set in stone yet,so we will play the waiting game.