PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, trade Holbty

Tidball
04-07-2007, 01:48 PM
We can now get HUGE value for him, team Canada U-18. That just boosted his stock by at least double. I wonder if we traded Holtby(after team canda) and a 3rd to the Chiefs if we could get hometown boy Jared Cowen in return. That would complete our blueline.

Trav
04-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Why would the Chiefs want Holtby when they got Dustin Tokarski whose also pretty good and may be just as good as Holtby?

The Blades would have to give up a lot more to get Cowan I'm pretty sure.

Just using them as an example, Medicine Hat would be a better suited team for Holtby since Keetly is gone after this year and Holfield might not be ready for the starting job. Getting a guy like Ennis or even David Schlemko who'd be a solid twenty year old defensemen and possibily a pick for Holtby would be more ideal for the Blades.

hobster
04-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah i would have agreed with that last season when we were rebuilding, but next season we have a serious chance of making some noise ,so to trade maybe our mvp i don't really like the idea to much, i see where your coming from though his value did shoot right up forsure.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Sure Holtby's value will be high,but I do not know if the Blades would want to trade him for a defencemen or at all? If the craziest idea came into Molleken's brain and Holtby was traded then I think the Blades would still be ok with Zemlak as the starter and Morrison or Krahn as the back-up.

Just another thing to think about this off-season I guess. I am sure that he is staying right here in Saskatoon,but with Molleken you just never know. I think he likes to keep everyone on their toes. Also if the Blades make a bid for the 2010 Memorial Cup,then I would think that they would obviously want to keep Holtby.

hobster
04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
lets just hope holtby comes back back for his 20 year old year he's that good i would love to see morrison come in this season as the backup to holtby holtby could go 55 games and morrison could go 17 right now i would have to say this is holtby's mccrae's and gillies's team for the next couple of season

Tidball
04-07-2007, 07:14 PM
lets just hope holtby comes back back for his 20 year old year he's that good i would love to see morrison come in this season as the backup to holtby holtby could go 55 games and morrison could go 17 right now i would have to say this is holtby's mccrae's and gillies's team for the next couple of season

Ryan Funks too.

hobster
04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Honestly l like Brett Ward just as much as Ryan Funk, ward sure played alot of minutsthis past season, and was really good, i bet he'll ware a A this up coming season he was starting to play pp 2 and shooting the puck more really improved his play, i sure hope Ryan Funk can get healthey by opening day, we need him so bad as well.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Trade Holtby? I think everyone here has already said what I think but you can't jsut trade every single person you have you don't draft somebody every single year and then trade them, we're not going anywhere this year without Holtby. We have already proved this year that we can't rely on rookies.

hobster
04-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Holtby will carry us to the promise land maybe not this year but i bet by next year anyway, i like this kid he proved himself lets not kid ourselves he had to win us alot of games this season, with most nights us playing with 4 or 5 d-man, could you just imagine if our defence is healthey next year, and maybe a 20 year old or 2, hotlby could easilly put up 30 wins by himself, then 10 by the backup ro so.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Holtby will carry us to the promise land maybe not this year but i bet by next year anyway, i like this kid he proved himself lets not kid ourselves he had to win us alot of games this season, with most nights us playing with 4 or 5 d-man, could you just imagine if our defence is healthey next year, and maybe a 20 year old or 2, hotlby could easilly put up 30 wins by himself, then 10 by the backup or so.
Yes he is a key part of the Blades future,so I will say it only once: THE BLADES SHOULD NOT TRADE HOLTBY It will be interesting to see where(how far) this team can/will go with the added experience of the 20 year olds,as well as Holtby,and without Holtby in net the Blades would not have won as many games as they did,and almost made the playoffs(but let's not go there,or touch that subject again,even with a 10 ft pole.)

Tidball
04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Zemlak had a winning record, Holtby had a losing record. Personally i like goalies who win more then goalies who lose. Holtbys value is higher so we should trade him. We got plenty of good goalies. To build a championship team you need to sacrifice. Holtby could get us a young promising scorer, that would complete the championship team. Zemlak has already proven that he can keep a winning record (especailly on a losing team)

04-09-2007, 09:17 AM
did you see the team Holtby had to play behind, I'm sorry to be a pest but holy crap man the team didn't even get 20 shots most games, Holtby stood on his head this season and is the only reason we aren't getting the #1 draft pick, he made 30+ saves every game and all the Blades could do is shoot it half way accross the ice and call it a shot, And to top off, Zemlak only had a winning record because the team started getting shots, goals at the end of the season which gave him the WIN, wins don't matter when you're on a rebuilding team, if your goalie has at least a quality G.A.A be happy, if Holtby went 0-50 last season with a 2.75 G.A.A I would be happy, wow dude. applause

hobster
04-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't even know who started this thread, there's no way lorne will trade holtby he's gonna be here for some time yet, trading holtby pisses me off ,the reason why maybe zemlak got a few wins last year was because holtby got over played as a rookie, and still shined, this guy at 1 point had a defence of klassen, cole, ward, patterson, and, gillies he still played good with 3 d-man and 2 fowards on defence, so people can just stop this usless thread right now .cause holtby is gonna stay.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Tidball started this thread and there is no need for it at all because he is staying here wheather, Tidball likes it or not. Yes I am sure he would probably get a good player(s) in a trade,but in my eyes that will not happen. Also why would the Blades need more defencemen? Yes I am aware of what happened last season(with injuries) but I think the position that could be improved is at forward,and yes the defence will be young but that is where the 20 year old overagers come in handy,I think 2 will be brought in for sure and maybe a 3rd will be added at the trade deadline(through the extra OA draft) or whatever it is called.

To get back on topic I think that Holtby is staying put. That is my final answer and almost every other poster who has posted in this thread thinks the same way.

raider guy
04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Looks like holtby is goalie for team canada at under 18s

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks like holtby is goalie for team canada at under 18s
Did you just notice that now? It will be a good experience for him and get him more good exposure before his draft year in 2008.

Trav
04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
dont need to be rushed in to the WHL. They're both going to be 16, they still have lots of time to play in the WHL. Holtby and Zemlak are going to be 18, keep both of them and let the two youngsters play in a league where they'll be playing LOTS.

Holtby or Zemlak would then have to play majority of the games next year if a sixteen year old is the backup. Having both, they can have some what of a rotation so neither guy is overworked. I think maybe thats what happened to Holtby at times last year.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-09-2007, 08:21 PM
dont need to be rushed in to the WHL. They're both going to be 16, they still have lots of time to play in the WHL. Holtby and Zemlak are going to be 18, keep both of them and let the two youngsters play in a league where they'll be playing LOTS.

Holtby or Zemlak would then have to play majority of the games next year if a sixteen year old is the backup. Having both, they can have some what of a rotation so neither guy is overworked. I think maybe thats what happened to Holtby at times last year.
Yes good post,this is why Holtby will not be traded,no matter how high his value may be right now.

Hopefully Holtby or Zemlak do not get injured,but if it happens it happens I guess.

hobster
04-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah why not keep them both, holtby made a good impresion before zemlak ever did ,so this is holtby's job, zemlak can start maybe 20 games and let holtby go about 52 games, we will do what swift did with there tenders, zemlak should just feel happy he's gonna get some games in his hometown, cause if we didn't give him a shot no one might have not givin him a chance, the hitmen gave up on him.

Tidball
04-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Zemlak beat Holtby in every goalie stat with the exception of games played.

Zemlak - 2.77 GAA - .903 save% 1 game over .500

Holtby - 3.21 GAA - .895 save % 12 games below .500

Yeah i must be crazy for wanting Zemlak as a starter.

..... also note that Zemlak was 5-1 before he got put in some games with 3 D-men. Zemlak has wins over Calgary, Seattle, Regina, and Tri City.

hobster
04-09-2007, 10:04 PM
zemlak played less games if he played the same amount as holtby he wouldn't even be ware holtb'ys numbers are at all lay off the drugs tidball

Tidball
04-09-2007, 10:07 PM
zemlak played less games if he played the same amount as holtby he wouldn't even be ware holtb'ys numbers are at all lay off the drugs tidball

Id believe you if Holtby beat Zemlak in any goalie stat, but he doesnt. Lorne should really play Zemlak till he has a losing record.

04-09-2007, 11:23 PM
So what I'm getting from what you're saying is that if a starter went 30-31 and a backup went 1-0 you would think the backup is better? because that's exactly the situation here bud.

howley
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Have to remember that Zemlak's stats may be padded a bit as he would came in a few games half way through and only see 9-10 shots.

Tidball
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
So what I'm getting from what you're saying is that if a starter went 30-31 and a backup went 1-0 you would think the backup is better? because that's exactly the situation here bud.

Zemlak had 15 starts. Thats a WAY higher ratio then what you explained there (about 600%)

... Im suprised you didnt know that.

04-10-2007, 01:23 PM
It never ends with you does it?

Tidball
04-10-2007, 02:00 PM
It never ends with you does it?

Thats what you say when you've been proven wrong and cant find a response.

04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Wow, realy? I think everyone here can agree with me that he is wrong and Zemlak is not proven to be the better goalie when he only played 16 games so dude come on you're not proven anybody wrong here.

hobster
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Tiball wont even admit he's wrong thats the crazy thing he should probablly change his name as well tidball is old news now hasn't been on out team in sometime

04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
He was here for it seemed like 3 weeks haha.

Tidball
04-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Wow, realy? I think everyone here can agree with me that he is wrong and Zemlak is not proven to be the better goalie when he only played 16 games so dude come on you're not proven anybody wrong here.

Ill prove you wrong again that he started 15 games, not 16. 8+7=15.

If you were referring to how many times hes been in goal, then you're WAY off.

Also, it should be provING, not proven.

Tidball
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Tiball wont even admit he's wrong thats the crazy thing he should probablly change his name as well tidball is old news now hasn't been on out team in sometime

Right that makes alot of sense. Fix your multiple spelling errors then try again.

Tidball
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
He was here for it seemed like 3 weeks haha.
He had quite an impressive point and fight total for someone to think that he was only here 3 weeks.

hobster
04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Are you zemlaks brother or somethingt the kid is just average nothing more than that holtby is way better than zemlak quit being a troll tidball nobody likes your coments

WHEATMAN
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Are you zemlaks brother or somethingt the kid is just average nothing more than that holtby is way better than zemlak quit being a troll tidball nobody likes your coments

How is he being a troll? Not that i give a hoot about the Blades but it seems to me that all he did was back up his comments with statistics. What is your counter-arguement?. This is a message board, what makes it great is that people can discuss whatever is on there mind. I think suggesting trading Holtby falls under that no? :)

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
How is he being a troll? Not that i give a hoot about the Blades but it seems to me that all he did was back up his comments with statistics. What is your counter-arguement?. This is a message board, what makes it great is that people can discuss whatever is on there mind. I think suggesting trading Holtby falls under that no? :)
Yes for me it falls under the NO category,and obviously some people beg to differ and that is fine. I think it would be smart if the Blades kept both Zemlak and Holtby because there is no sense in rushing Krahn and Morrison. I have said what I think so many times in this thread,and the rest is arguing. We will see if Holtby does get traded(don't count on it happening though.)

howley
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
There are no arguing stats...Zemlaks are better.....
BUT
again, remember that Zemlak came in half way through a lot of games and only faced 9-10 shots when the game's were already out of hand and the other team was sitting back and playing defense.

Both are good goalies, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Who is better? I lean to Holtby. He's got the quick glove, decent rebound control, very quick post to post, he just has a strong foundation to become a great goaltender. His two main faults I've noticed, his angles are off sometimes and by far his biggest weakness is his puck handling. Way to relaxed with the puck.

Zemlak is good, but Holtby's potential is a million times higher IMO. Obviously scouts agree Holtby is the man...or it would have been Zemlak at the U 18's...not Holtby....right?