PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the West Division?

Jovorock
03-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Put your best guess on who will come out of the west for the WHL final.

mccabe23
03-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, I might be a little biased here but I say Kelowna will win the West and the Dub. If Kelowna can hang on to top spot and get homeice throughout the playoffs, I don't see ANY team in the league that can beat Kelowna 4 times in a 7 game series. Kelowna is too doninant on homeice this year. Even teams like Kootenay don't scare me. That being said, anything could happen. If Kelowna plays like they did last night, they could have trouble.

Sput
03-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Some time before Christmas I had picked Seattle and Lethbridge to battle it out for the WHL title. Thing sure have changed. I have to say its likely to be Kelowna taking all the marbles, if they can get past PG in the first round that is. :D :clown:

Spungy
03-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Another biased vote, but I really think the ice have what it takes this year!

Jovorock
03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Another biased vote, but I really think the ice have what it takes this year!
Another biased vote here also, I do believe Kelowna has what it takes, but Kootenay and Seattle are so close that anything could happen. The last two Seattle and one Kootenay games in Kelowna the last two weeks were playoff type games. Great hockey and will only get better in the playoffs.

Home ice will be key but won't be the end all be all.

kelownakarl
03-03-2005, 06:28 PM
First choice - Kelowna
second - Kootenay

Sorry but I think Seattle is overrated and will be lucky to get past the first round!

C.F
03-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Kootenay or Kelowna will not only win the west, but the whole league.

Sammy
03-06-2005, 07:31 PM
If the up & coming Blazers nail down the 4th spot and meet the maybe-already-have peaked-and-used-their-third stage-Rockets, they might just be a first round playoff spoiler.

fightstrap50
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
If the up & coming Blazers nail down the 4th spot and meet the maybe-already-have peaked-and-used-their-third stage-Rockets, they might just be a first round playoff spoiler.
i have to say that either PG or Kamloops could be spoilers for Kelowna as they will be to over confident going in and when Kamloops waas here on friday night they can show some speed and grit on the boards and open ice even though we beat them 3-0, and as for PG they have such a large blueline to keep getting past to score as well as a HUGE confidence boost coming in if they can pull the rest of the season from under there arses and put out Kamloops,and play as a happier team they could upset the Rockets as well,not to say kootenay wouldnt be confident its just that we just got beat by PG and Kelowna so we know it can happen to us if we dont play hard every shift for 60 minutes. And oh kelowna has the best home record this, and the best winning percentage that,and the most points in the league although only by 2 small points,this doesent mean much when playoffs come i hate to tell ya,but ive said it before i believe Kootenay Ice are the better team as we have held the lead in points and we play the central division alot. so Rockets go into the first round with big swollen heads against Kam or PG and ill laugh so hard when youre out and they move on in 6 or 7 games :thumb: GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
03-07-2005, 10:23 AM
I think forsure it will be Kootenay or Kelowna. The ice are healthy now and if they remain healthy I believe they are the team to beat. I think they are picked Underdogs by most everyone in the press. and are always pushing thereselves to prove that they are the real deal. I was watching the game on shaw between the Rockets and Giants and the coulor man with dan russell was comenting that he would like to play the Ice because after you get behind Dawes and Glass the team is suspect and there defence is unproven, UNPROVEN! they give up 20 to 25 shots against and most teams in the league will say how hard they are to beat. I guess we have been luckey all year and have played all our games against teams on a off night. Anyway getting off the topic but one of these two teams imo will be at the memorial cup.

Beaner
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
That colour man was probably Bill Wilms, colour guy for the giants. To say he is a Homer is the understatement of the year.