PDA

View Full Version : Article

leavold10
04-10-2007, 12:26 PM
To much of my amusement that article actually made me laugh, and seeing you guys comment on here made me laugh even harder. Seems as if i'm hated by the people of swift.

Those are not my quotes, they were similar to what I said but were twisted. What I mean by never being comfortable is with the youth of swifty. I just had bad expirences at the comp with a lot of people and its not like i was a total angel either.

I love Swift Current, it is a second home for me. I never said anything about not being comfortable with the town, what i said was that i wont ever be with the youth. It's tough not being accepted by people who don't know you, but aside from my problems in the high school i have had nothing but great times with great people in swift current. For any of you that know me I'm a pretty friendly guy, and i love the town. Just wanted to clear that up, hope it makes things a little clear.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
04-10-2007, 01:19 PM
As a former student at the Comp High School, I remember how the Broncos were treated by a lot of students. Just a stereotype people have that they are cocky and jerks, when that's not the case with most of them.

Glad to hear you're still up on the town as a whole. It was great to see you back this year, and hopefully again next year.

Scout
04-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Most fans have said it was taken out of context. You became a hero when you returned and became a true leader on and off the ice. Thanks for having second thoughts and returning to the Broncos and also thanks for clearing up the mis quote. Your true class all the way.

Scout

ointhecreek
04-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I have been waiting for you to reply like I knew you would to clear this up. I figured it was twisted, just like the reporter, out of context. I knew you came back a new person, per say, from when you left. You seemed to have a different attitude and A LOT more desire to play here. I'm grateful coach Dean gave you another chance and you never disappointed me with your play. The Broncos benefited from your return, imo. Don't think to bad of the fans, a lot of the remarks are a knee jerk reaction to an attack on the character of our city by a sleazeball reporter. I don't think you are hated at all. Hope to see you here next year, but if not I wish you nothing but great things where ever life takes you. :thumb:

Miss B
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
No one in Swift hates you, Brady. We were (are) upset, and it's our home and our first instinct was to defend it. And I personally am very sorry, I said some things that weren't the nicest, and certainly not me. I'm glad it was a mis-quote and that someone given so much opportunity here wouldn't say the things about Swift that the article said you did. All of Swift is sorry, and it's unfortunate, but we're a town who have put outselves out there and gotten burned almost everytime, but thankfully it wasn't from you.

Believer
04-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Good to see you making your comments heard Leo. I did not think, when I read that, that it was anything more then a "twist" to what you had said. I can imagine how some people are at the Comp nowadays and it isn't exactly easy coming to play in this lime light. As far as some other person making the comment about "can we say oil king!", if they lose you to the draft, great for Edmonton, bad for Speedy Creek. Keep playin the way you do ! I love the intensity and the skill. and hey, drop the gloves once in a whiel for me k ? haha

Big Ern
04-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey Leo,

I was never even suspicious of you reading that article. That guy is a snake. Talking to him, I felt very uncomfortable. I don't believe half the quotes in that damned article.

Anyway, sorry buddy, but I have to root for Dallas in the upcoming series in Vancouver. I'm a Dallas fan. That's all I can say. GO STARS GO. Ha ha.

sleezeball
04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
This guy should really get his crap straight before he slings it. The broncos were BEHIND in the third until Kimbi Daniels scored to tie it and it was Bob Wilkie that shot the puck that Tisdale deflected. Nice piece of writing num nuts.

sleezeball
04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
How did he figure that taking Leovolds quotes and twisting them was gonna help Brady or anybody else? Self serving joke of an article.

Flathead
04-13-2007, 07:30 AM
I know that we in Swift all know the reaction this poor story is getting and Mr.Joyce keeps saying that the response is different outside of the city. I just thought I would post, in case the clown reads this that I've talked to people from Vancouver to Winnipeg, and they're all in disbelief about the article. They know the truth about the city and the way the team is loved. Most, if not all, that I've talked to believe that the story was twisted, and full of half truths and twisted quotes. I know I'll never buy anything with the name Gare Joyce on it.

Teddy_B
04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
I know that we in Swift all know the reaction this poor story is getting and Mr.Joyce keeps saying that the response is different outside of the city. I just thought I would post, in case the clown reads this that I've talked to people from Vancouver to Winnipeg, and they're all in disbelief about the article. They know the truth about the city and the way the team is loved. Most, if not all, that I've talked to believe that the story was twisted, and full of half truths and twisted quotes. I know I'll never buy anything with the name Gare Joyce on it.

Or ESPN

HAF
04-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I think it would be a good idea to compile everything we can from Keen's Blog, Switzers blog, whlfans and various other team websites and let the PR department of ESPN.com know what we all really think. They may not have any idea they even printed a bogus story but if we all banded together and worked on this they just may figure it out and may even print a rebuddle and opology over the classless actions of one of thier own. I'll do some digging and see what I can find. This isnt a "Swift Current" issue. Its a WHL issue and every fan of every team in this league should be just as disapointed and digusted as you all are. Similiar things could be done to just about any team in this league and every time it happens it has a negative effect on the league. I say its time to put all the rivalries aside for just a little while really band together on this.

Teddy_B
04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I think it would be a good idea to compile everything we can from Keen's Blog, Switzers blog, whlfans and various other team websites and let the PR department of ESPN.com know what we all really think. They may not have any idea they even printed a bogus story but if we all banded together and worked on this they just may figure it out and may even print a rebuddle and opology over the classless actions of one of thier own. I'll do some digging and see what I can find. This isnt a "Swift Current" issue. Its a WHL issue and every fan of every team in this league should be just as disapointed and digusted as you all are. Similiar things could be done to just about any team in this league and every time it happens it has a negative effect on the league. I say its time to put all the rivalries aside for just a little while really band together on this.

Great idea brother.