PDA

View Full Version : Fadden to Draft Combine...

Nielson11
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Good News for Mitch Fadden as Central Scouting has invited him to the NHL Draft combine...which also means he will be among their top 75 north american skaters in the final CSS rankings.

However...no Dwight King, Justin Leclerc or Jesse Craige on the invitee list.

aaAlta
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear it; and not surprised. Much deserved. I was actually a little choked when I didnt notice him on the mid term central scouting report. Similar to '88 TJ Galliardi showing at mid term #33, but I think Mitch has better control and intensity in the corners.

Same with Jesse, I wondered why he wasnt in the mid term, when you see similar value guys like Claffey (Swift Current) there. King is on the mid term at least; and should get good consideration regardless. I cant comment on goaltending.

hockeypsycho
04-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I think that if Craig and King had been showcased properly they would have been ranked higher on the scouting reports. Craig is a very good offensive defensemen but at this point in his career he needed a solid defensive partner to help him out. King looked great when he was on the first line . . . but he got lost on the third line (let's not forget that he made the under 18 team last summer . . . so he's proven something there). I think in the long run these guys will prove that they are better than their rankings indicate. As for Leclerc, it's difficult to judge with the weak defense . . . he'll have overcome that in his third year in the league . . .

aaAlta
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree over the next couple of years you will see more from those two. And others. But didnt Craig have Wright as a D partner for much of the season? I'd call that a pretty solid partner. I think Wright would be a good example to have for a partner. I like his attitude on the ice, which probably comes out in the room too.

hockeypsycho
05-02-2007, 09:54 PM
You are right about Wright . . . he was defensemen of the year in my books. He's demonstrated a lot of courage blocking shots and logged a lot of ice time, he's got a great shot and the coach counted on him in all critical situations. I just thought Wright had enough on his plate and that Graig would have been better off if he had been surrounded by a group of more competent older defensemen.