PDA

View Full Version : Regans Rant

Scout
04-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Regan's Rant
The opinions of a Western Hockey League radio broadcaster

Thursday, April 12, 2007
Coming to Blows between Radio Guy and Writer/ I felt like a Giant
Things are starting to get nasty between my fellow radio buddy Jon Keen in Swift Current and the writer from ESPN.
If you regularly read this blog you will know about this sports writer who took shots at the city of Swift Current and the Broncos organization in an on-line article this week.

At one point it looked like the ESPN writer wanted to dance with Keen as the two appear destined to chuck the knuckles when they meet June 22nd at the NHL draft.
Honestly it sounded like the ESPN guy wanted to challenge Keen to a fist fight!

While it appears to be a heated discussion at Keen's blog http://www.jonkeen.blogspot.com/ I think it's best for both to cool their heels a little bit here.
I was upset over what came out in the article as a former Swift Current resident, but I think both Keen and the writer (who I don't even care to name) have both expressed their opinions.
It provided for great debate - a little verbal sparing - but I think it's time for those two to agree to disagree and move on.
If anything more is said it will only provide for more regret and embarrassment should they meet down the road.

My money is on Keen if they fight though. Those kids from Lanigan are tough buggers. But Keener watch out for the ESPN writer, he has extremly strong fingers from typing and may try to poke you in the eye.