PDA

View Full Version : Switzers blog It Continues

Scout
04-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2007
It continues....

"Could you designate one or two of the fine SC citizens who are dumping on me to perhaps take a break and consider what might be a fitting tribute to the team and memorial for the players at the town museum where many are remembered--politicians, businessmen, athletes, and other local figures--but not the Broncos, not the championship team, not the four who lost their lives"

Gare after an great big espn.com article, you have finally made a solid factual point. Yes, we do have a disturbing lack of Bronco content in our museum. Other than that, half truths, misquotes and a general disrespect for our city and its hockey history.

Having gone back and read some of your posts, I'm disturbed by your labelling of the "McBain"s as "pathological". First of, your inability to spell their name furthers the case you did zero research. It's a sad shot at a family that has done alot for our community even in matters totally unrelated to hockey. Colleen's comments only relfect that NO ONE KNEW WHAT GRAHAM WAS UP TO (except Bob Wilkie, who kept quiet). At the time Graham James was viewed as a leader who guided the players and even the community through a tough time. Graham had a community fooled. He had the McBeans fooled. I hope I'm not out of line in saying Graham had Lorne Frey fooled.

Gare, I'm sure you did your research on Lorne Frey. Assistant coach, assistant GM, director of scouting from 1986 to 1991 for the Broncos. Graham's right hand man for five + years. Gare, this is nothing new to a steadfast researcher like you, so for everyone else's benefit; Lorne Frey was an uncle to the Krugers...and Fanner's brother.

Think on that for a second.

How many people would put their own blood in the sights of a sexual predator? Winning or not, no one was hiding anything. The guy who worked hand in hand with Graham James obviously had no clue about the true nature of Graham James. We were simply a community that didn't know. The McBean's comments were not "pathological". They where as you say "reflective" of how we were duped. Yes, it's easy now to say Graham was a monster and had no redeeming qualities, but the very people who said that had family working right next the monster for more than five years.

Graham was a horrible, horrible man. He fooled us all. Look at the facts, look at the people involved.

Hell, the Calgary Hitmen gave him a job. You'd think someone would've spoke up that maybe he wasn't a good hire? No one knew.

Gare, you owe the McBeans an apology. We'll add it to the list.

ointhecreek
04-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Switz is doing a good job debating this guy and puts him in his place every time. If Switz is anything, he's loyal to the Broncos and the city and defends both like a pitbull. Good job bud, keep it up. :cool: