PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Garcia??

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Ok just to refresh everyone's memory he is the player that the Blades selected in the California U.S Draft last season.

I myself think that this is kind of bogus,because what percent of the guys that are drafted to Saskatchewan(or any WHL team) will actually report?

I know that this draft is good exposure for the kids and is trying to attract them to play in the WHL.

Now the question is: Will the guy that the Blades selected even report to Training Camp this fall???

hobster
04-12-2007, 11:55 PM
it sucks and i do agree with you on that one havent heard anything though sorry

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
it sucks and i do agree with you on that one havent heard anything though sorry
I do not know if any of these guys reported to their team's Training Camps last season,and I know that some are not even considering it and that is probably what this guy is gonna do as well. :(

For us as fans we do folllow the draft,and I thought the US draft was ok at first,but to me it is just a let down for the team and the fans(waiting to see if these guys report) but I guess this draft does not harm anyone,in the WHL(of course it would be asking alot of these guys to leave home and come all the way over here) So I guess the Blades should of passed on the draft (just like the Tigers and Wheat Kings did) but it did not hurt to pick someone and hope that they would report. I think it is pretty safe to say that this guy will not even consider coming to the Blades training camp,but I could be wrong.

Dwight Schrute
04-13-2007, 03:46 AM
did anyone picked in the us draft actually play this year ?

nivek_wahs
04-13-2007, 04:57 AM
did anyone picked in the us draft actually play this year ?I don't think so...

Here's the list... posted on WHLFans last summer http://whlfans.ca/showpost.php?p=43931&postcount=15

Trav
04-13-2007, 07:06 AM
they're doing it differently. There wont be a draft at the end of the US Camp and that it'll be for the bantam draft should any team draft an American player. The Blades are sending Dave Struch to the camp so guess theyre a bit interested in seeing what the US talent is like. As for the guy they picked, could be that he'll come to camp this year. There was an article on him after the last draft, kinda got the impression that he would report but guess we wont know until the Blades say something or training camp starts.

2,5,andagame
04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Eric Ferber was in Swift last year for Bronco rookie camp. He didn't stay for main camp, because he had to get back to start school. That could be part of the reason they wouldn't come up, if their high school programs are starting. Most of the kids drafted were 91's so they wouldn't have made the teams anyway.

hobster
04-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I all honesty Kyle Garcia' there would not be room for him on our roster now, we have way too much depth on fowards, guys like Hamilton, Toomey, and Philip will get a shot before him.

howley
04-14-2007, 10:19 AM
do we know anything about garcia at all though? It's tough to say there is no room for him when we don't know what kind of player he is. JMO

Trav
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
If Garcia is interested in playing here and if he's still listed by the Blades I'm sure Molleken will give him a shot to make the team. I dunno why ud say that the guys u mentioned should be given a chance before he is given one, dont like Americans or what? Thats stupid, he could be a good hockey player for all we know.

hobster
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
I just think players that have commited to come should get the nod before a players that doesn't know what he wants and no i don't hate americans don't put words in my mouth buddy

Trav
04-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I ASKED if u didnt like Americans, wasnt saying u did. Having said that, NOBODY should be given a higher chance over someone else of making a hockey team for any reason. See enough of that BS in minor hockey. Should always be the best players play, thats it.