PDA

View Full Version : Jannik Hansen

Section_Z
04-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Playing his first ever NHL game, a Vancouver Canuck . Game 2 of the Playoffs, after the marathon first game of the round....What a way to make your start.
Here's hoping he can pull off the same level of playoff effort he had for Portland last year...

Coyote14
04-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Watched him tonight live. He was one of the best Canucks out there and had a great work ethic. Canucks need more young energy players like him.

Dwight Schrute
04-15-2007, 10:44 PM
looked good in game 3 to me,

dondo
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
looked great in game 3 -- mature beyond his 21 years -- he covered the point for a pinching D a few times -- and made some great plays, very nice stickhandling skills too -- he's making Bulis look good :D

Section_Z
04-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Not to mention he got the 1st assist on the GTG. That's got to feel good in your 2nd NHL game.

dondo
04-16-2007, 01:38 AM
here's something I posted on a Canucks site -- that might be of interest. I was curious about hansen and also curious why I didn't see him at training camp (Nucks).

found this on the WHL site

Jannik Hansen - Portland Winterhawk 05-06 (http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24439)

Jannik Hansen as a Moose (http://www.moosehockey.com/roster/hansen_jannik/)

First chance for me to see him tonight -- and I thought he was one of the best Canucks out there. Some very smart plays and very mature with the puck and coming back defensively. I was impressed with his covering the point for pinching D a few times.

Section_Z
04-16-2007, 01:51 AM
This is funny. I doubt he was expecting to be invited to this party.

Ken Wiebe Sun Media

Hansen, who had seven goals and 13 points in 12 Western Hockey League playoff games with the Portland Winter Hawks last season, can't wait for the post-season party to begin.

"I just want to keep up my play and be as ready as possible for the playoffs," said Hansen, who went through a season-long 16-game goal-less drought before scoring twice in his past four games. "That's when the real season starts. It's what every player looks forward to."

dondo
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
apparently I am blind because he was one of our last cuts at camp. Looks like I was more Giants focused than Canucks eh? As it should be.

according to an article I was reading today Hansen started out well on the Moose, but had a mid-season slump (which is why he isn't in the top scorers), and then after a visit form his family was revitalised and went on a bit of tear whihc is when AV noticed him.

Section_Z
04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Another great game tonight...Hitting hard, fighting to stay in front of the net, and in doing so, drew the penalty on which the Sedins finally broke their funk....
The interference penalty he got when Turco basically tripped him was bogus, but there were calls like that both ways all night...
Nice job Rookie...