PDA

View Full Version : Dan Waschuk

BladesGyrl28
03-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Dan has suddenly been hung to dry by some Pats fans who think he is only a whiner. I believe that he is a sincere person who says what he believes. Check out the post under the Regina Pats forum.

Fight Guy
03-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Ummm....your a little late on this one. He's suddenly been hung up to dry? That topic hasn't been active for over a month. You obviously never watched him ont he Pats much. He was a great player when he first came here and up to last year where he led the team in points. But this year, it seemed he didn't care a whole lot whent he team was losing. He didn't look to be working hard at all and certainly wasn't a good assistant captian. I said it before and dont know why you are bringing it back up after the discussion was over, but he watched the puck go by him on several occasions and not make any effort to go for it, and when he thinks there should have been a penalty called, he seemed to be too concerned with it rather than the play going the other way because he had to stop and look at the ref and wonder where the call was. One time it happened and sat on his knees and looked at the ref. What the hell is that? Not sure if it was that occasion, but once he stopped to look at the ref during the play, and the opposing team scored. He also took dumb penalties too. Dan just didnt seem to care much for his team that was losing. I knew if he went to a new team he would have much more success, and he has. I dont know how you can say Pats fan think he's only a whiner. He was enjoyable to watch till this year when he just didnt seem to care. And its great you think he's a sincere and nice person and that you've gotten to know him, but the point is, he wasn't doing what he was supposed to and what he could do in Regina. And I'm assuming you are from S'toon because you gotten to know him or whatever, so you really can't comment on how he played in Regina compared to Saskatoon because you never saw him play his games as a Pat this year. So if I were you, I would just stop this convo now, because your judging him as he plays for the Blades where he is having success again and that you've gotten to know him. You can say all you want to defend him, but it doesnt change how he played for the Pats this year. And you say we dont recognize good players when we see them? There are many players who are great that have played here and were traded because they weren't happy on the Pats or with the management/coaching, so they wanted out. The Pats this year have 4 great 16 year olds that have played all season, and have a few 15 year olds that will be great in the future too, and they wont be going anywhere unless they feel they dont want to play for the Pats. Waschuk was a good player...he just never showed it this year in the Pats uniform.