PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Coogs!!!!

chiefs20167
04-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Way to come back the other night and completly bring it tonight. Congrats on the big win. applause

Best of luck in the next round.

Jimmypop316
04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
never been so happy for another team in quite some time :)

congrats!!!

Coyote14
04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Congratulations!!! Way to pack the barn in PG tonight, it's been a while. Don't celebrate yet though, you still have two series and the memorial cup to go. Go Cougars! :clap:

Flathead
04-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Way to go Coogs! Keep it up.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Funny that the almost all of the first few responses of this thread are by Chiefs fans, lol.

Congrats Big Time Cougars. I am shocked with a capaital S. I remember seeing PG play Seattle last November or December where they dominated and I couldn't understand how they were playing so poorly so far in the season. It looks like they discovered how to play like that consistantly. As a Sharks fan, I am elated to see the postseason success of Setoguchi and Wishart.

Congrats again. Give the G-men hell in the conference finals!

old_time_hockey
04-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Funny that the almost all of the first few responses of this thread are by Chiefs fans, lol.

Congrats Big Time Cougars. I am shocked with a capaital S. I remember seeing PG play Seattle last November or December where they dominated and I couldn't understand how they were playing so poorly so far in the season. It looks like they discovered how to play like that consistantly. As a Sharks fan, I am elated to see the postseason success of Setoguchi and Wishart.

Congrats again. Give the G-men hell in the conference finals!

Sharks front office must be doing the happy dance right now over those 2.

I said early on in the season and then post WJHC that the Tips weren't built for the playoffs. They were too soft. Not enough grit. People laughed at me and called me a homer fan because the Giants never beat the Tips. Well who is laughing now :groovy: As they showed tonight with Gutierrez, their only grit is cheap, dirty stick work. And that goes double for Mueller and Beach.

Good job Cougars and fans for filling that barn and blasting the Tips back to Everett.

Sput
04-17-2007, 12:02 AM
WOW

To be perfectly honest, I have not seen a game played like that in this barn....ever. The Cats came out with their foot on the gas, and never let up.

I couldn't have imagined the Tips would have had so much trouble in a game 6 like they did tonight. I don't see that it was that the Tips played poorly, the Cougs just took it to them and took their game away from them, forcing the Tips to play in a very unfamiliar situation.

I can't even discribe the atmosphere in the Train Yard tonight. Its been a looooonnnggg time since I've seen the fans that loud. The last sell out was April of '98, so I am so happy the team gets to play in front of a packed house at home.

I have to say, the Tips players and coaching staff showed a TON of class tonight. Some teams may have turned things ugly at the end of a blow-out game like this. The Tips knew there wasn't anything they could do to get back into it, and just played it out. Constantine came off the bench, shook Shoneck's hand, and gave every one of his players a hug and pat on the back. A number of the players shook the refs hands, and waited, tapping sticks in congratulations as the Cougars celebrated. Class act folks, and players. Thanks for that.

Looking down the lineup, next year looks prett decent for the Tips. Maybe not as dominate, but still decent. Your guys have nothing to be ashamed of. You won the US division, and the Scott Munro trophy for winning the League. That is more than many other teams have ever done, let alone after being in the league four years.

One last comment....Look out Vancouver.......Here come the Cougars!!!!!

old_time_hockey
04-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Soooooo...has Esthers Inn been renovated or at least maintained a little better since the last time I was there in 97?

You know, just in case some people want to head up that way or something ;)

Spungy
04-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Congrats Cougars!! WTG!! :clap:

Cougar Guy
04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
WOW
To be perfectly honest, I have not seen a game played like that in this barn....ever. The Cats came out with their foot on the gas, and never let up.

Have to agree Sput. After the first all I was thinking was "please come out hard and keep the effort up". BOY DID THEY EVER! That was a COMPLETE 60 minute effort and it was simply awesome to watch them keep it going even after the game was well in hand. It was a complete domination.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Giants series. It's going to be a very tough series and I expect it will take on a much different tone than the first two. I'm expecting a much more physical series between these two teams. To be blunt, I think it's going to be a war. It should be a beauty of a playoff matchup!

To Everett, thanks for some GREAT hockey during this series and best of luck next year. Your boys did show class tonight. It was also very nice to see Tips fans make the trip north and I hope you all enjoyed the City and the games and here's hoping you make it home safely!

Time for a couple of days off before the next roller coaster ride :)

Section_Z
04-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Soooooo...has Esthers Inn been renovated or at least maintained a little better since the last time I was there in 97?

You know, just in case some people want to head up that way or something ;)
May be a little run down, but it was pretty cool when it was the only waterslide in town...=)

PGFlyfisher
04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
WELL DONE, BOYS!!!!!!! applause
You' ve done yourselves, the fans and this city proud! Keep up the great effort as the road gets even tougher.
Good luck the rest of the way.

dondo
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
crazy -- apparently they really didn't want to go back to Everett :thumb:

well done Cougs -- somewhat frightening to dominate the Tips like that, even though I think they are a team that is not built for the playoffs -- 4 on 4 and shootouts seem to be more their milieu -- and that ain't the playoffs thank gawd!!

Looking forward to seeing this revitalised Coug team in action (or maybe not :p ), anyway should be a good series --- see those of you coming down on Friday.

Swando
04-17-2007, 11:26 AM
This will be the BEST Series for the Fans of the Giants to watch. It'll be a barn burner for 1 main reason. If Giants were to advance past this round they would effectively be playing a team they will once again see in the Memorial Cup. Thus I don't think it would carry the emotion of this series!!

catsfan
04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I've never seen a team go out in a classier way. In the last minute some of the silvertips were even banging there sticks on the boards in a congratulatory manner. then there is Chiliwak. We lost our first ever playoff series in our expansion year. Lets try and start a bench brawl.