PDA

View Full Version : Hey Blade fans ( Seto or Rabbit )

maple leaf
04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Who is everyone cheering for Devon and the Cougars or Wacy and the Giants. Nice to see to former Blades helping out their respective teams. Like I said before when Devon wants to play their is no one better in the league right now. It is also nice the Blades got 2 first rounders for him, and we also get a 2nd. rounder for Wacy. I will take an upset here and pic P.G. in 7 with Devon being the deciding factor in the series.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
It is very nice to see 2 former Blades helping their teams go deep into the playoffs(for some reason early after the Setoguchi trade,I was hoping that P.G would crash and burn but not now.) I hope that PG beats the Giants,but either way I will have a team to cheer for in the finals(whoever wins the Cougars/Giants series.)

hobster
04-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I want the coug and setoguchi hands down atleast seto didn't want to be traded and was a great player with the blades rabbit only wanted to play for a contender if he came back to the dub see this is a easy one for me

howley
04-18-2007, 12:23 AM
i still think it was the bruins that were demanding the trade.

hobster
04-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Well we will never really know for sure i just think wacey thought he was a little better than the whl so he wanted a chance to win it all on the other hand seto was willing to play with us and help out all of the younger players go seto go and go cougs go

howley
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
I gotta say I am hoping for PG as well. Wacey will already have his shot at the memorial cup if they lose this series. I've been saying since about 20 games into the season that if PG could ever figure out their chemistry or whatever it was that they would be a team comparable to the giants and the tips. Maybe it took their captain getting injured to spark that chemistry. Go cougars, Go Tigers.

catsfan
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Its nice to see support from fans all over the dub. thanks guys.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Its nice to see support from fans all over the dub. thanks guys.
well why wouldn't we support him and his team? We would because he played his best when he played for the Blades and the Cougars gave the Blades the better deal in that trade,and Vancouver already had it's chance to win the Memorial Cup. The Sharks did not make any demands of where he played,but Rabbit and Setoguchi did not encounter the same situation,and Setoguchi was not able to go to the AHL. Either way I will cheer for whoever makes it out of that series(but I am hoping that P.G can take out the Giants.) GO COUGARS GO punk rock :wave:

Tidball
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Well we will never really know for sure i just think wacey thought he was a little better than the whl so he wanted a chance to win it all on the other hand seto was willing to play with us and help out all of the younger players go seto go and go cougs go

Talked to him personally, he woulda much rather played in saskatoon but the Bruins woulda only send him back as long as he got traded. Vanc, Everett, and Medicine hat were pretty much the only options.

Tidball
04-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Ive talked with Setoguchi quite a few times and hes a class act.
He wanted to play in saskatoon so badly and was devastated to be traded. Im cheering for him because hes finally got back into his groove and PG also has Klym and Brodsky as well. Go Cougars.

catsfan
04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I think the trade worked well both ways. The cougars gave up stefan elliot who refused to play for the cougars becuase they were to far away from home. Now he belongs to a team that is even further away from the coast.

They also gave up a couple of draft picks and i'm pretty sure one of those was a conditional that the cougars will get back. i think the deal was Seto had to have certain amount of points in the reg season.

Section_Z
04-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Well, I think the choice should be obvious for you Blade fans, cheer for the Underdog and Setoguchi all the way....Then enjoy a Memorial cup With 2 Blade Fan favorites in it. Not my choice. but it should be yours.
I wouldn't fault Rabbit on the trade....It was the Bruins organization...they wanted him to play. And coming back to Providence next year with a Mem Cup in your pocket can't hurt a guy's confidence. Let's just be happy he didn't end up in the ECHL for the end of the season....where none of us would've got to see him play....
And let's hope that Cursed cheesefest Juno production doesn't jinx your arena all the way into next season.

nivek_wahs
04-20-2007, 04:23 AM
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/sports/story.html?id=47cc6b2a-2ed3-4238-a6f8-4dd8f408cb5c

Former Blades become rivals

Cory Wolfe, The StarPhoenix
Published: Friday, April 20, 2007

After a week-long game of phone tag, two former Saskatoon Blades are bound to collide tonight.

Vancouver Giants centre Wacey Rabbit and Prince George Cougars winger Devin Setoguchi meet in the Western Conference final. The best-of-seven series opens on the Giants' turf at Pacific Coliseum.

Rabbit left his good pal a voice mail after the Cougars ousted the top-ranked Everett Silvertips in six games.

"I told him that I'm still his friend, but I can't be friends with him for a couple of weeks," said the affable Rabbit. "Then I hung up."

The two ex-teammates have become a marquee feature of the series. Media outlets from both cities have delved into the matter of their friendship. Even the two head coaches -- Vancouver's Don Hay and Prince George's Drew Schoneck -- have waded into the issue and asked the players to avoid off-ice contact during the series.

"Everyone is talking about me playing Wacey, but we talked about it and it's not going to be as weird as people think it is," said Setoguchi. "It will be pretty fun to look across the ice and see him playing centre when I'm playing against him."

Setoguchi, who's been known to throw a heavy hit or two, said he's looking forward to leaning into Rabbit if the opportunity presents itself. When reminded that Rabbit is a tough target to hit, Setoguchi said that's part of the fun.

"He's always been slippery, but no one's hit-proof, I'll tell you that."

Similarly, Rabbit has designs on containing Setoguchi, the leading playoff scorer with 18 points in 10 games. Rabbit, who was twice named the Blades' top defensive forward, just might draw the assignment against Setoguchi's line.

"If you give him time and space, he's going to make you look stupid," said Rabbit. "He's got the speed, the hands and the shot. He's the complete package, per se.

"But if we make it tough on him and get him frustrated, we'll do ourselves a favour."

Setoguchi patrols the wing with Saskatoon native Chris Durand and Jared Walker. With a combined 46 points in 10 games, they've been the league's most productive line in the playoffs.

"We're going to have to rise to the occasion because we're underdogs again in this series," said Setoguchi.

Rabbit joined the Giants at the January trade deadline after starting the season with the Boston Bruins' American Hockey League affiliate in Providence, R.I. Setoguchi was traded to Prince George by the Blades after returning from the San Jose Sharks' training camp.

The ex-Blades squared off three times during the regular season, with the Giants winning twice.

"In warm-ups, I couldn't really keep a straight face," Rabbit said of the initial meeting. "It's weird when you're so close to someone and you've been on the same line. We pretty much bled the same colours and our families are so close.

"The whole atmosphere was weird, but it's all business now."

cwolfe@sp.canwest.com

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Wacey Rabbit was a Cougar killer in game #2,he scored 4 goals, It looks like the Giants are in control of this series so far,but it is not over yet. While Setoguchi was kept off the scoresheet.

Hopefully the Cougars can play well and make a series out of it,anything is possible(just more difficult against the powerful Vancouver Giants.)

howley
04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
gbg that avatar is awesome

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-22-2007, 05:31 PM
gbg that avatar is awesome
Thanks man,you can use it if you want,I wish I knew how to make it a clearer picture(and maybe the logo bigger.) Oh well it looks good the way it is. :thumb: