Game 1 - Fri. April 20 Calgary @ Medicine Hat 7:30pm MT
Game 2 - Sat. April 21 Calgary @ Medicine Hat 7:30pm MT
Game 3 - Mon. April 23 Medicine Hat @ Calgary 7:00pm MT
Game 4 - Wed. April 25 Medicine Hat @ Calgary 7:00pm MT
Game 5 - Fri. April 27 Calgary @ Medicine Hat 7:30pm MT*
Game 6 - Sat. April 28 Medicine Hat @ Calgary 7:00pm MT*
Game 7 - Tue. May 1 Calgary @ Medicine Hat 7:00pm MT*

* - If necessary

In addition, Shaw TV will broadcast Games 6 and 7, if necessary, of the Kal Tire Western Conference Championship series between the defending WHL Champion Vancouver Giants and B.C. Division rivals the Prince George Cougars.

WHL Kal Tire Western Conference Championship Series

Game 6 - Sun. April 29 Vancouver @ Prince George 6:00pm PT*
Game 7 - Mon. April 30 Prince George @ Vancouver 7:00pm PT*

old_time_hockey
04-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Sportsnet is showing game 2, Sat. 21st coast to coast

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/tvsked_sport.php?schedule_id=52

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-17-2007, 10:49 PM

Finally Sportsnet broadcasts a WHL playoff game(besides the Memorial Cup) and I will get to see two former Blades (Setoguchi and Rabbit face off against each other) that is if I do not work on that saturday,but If I do hopefully I will be able to catch the game.

This is awesome punk rock yeehoo :clap:

Carebear
04-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Not showing Giants!? LAME!

Knuckles Muldoon
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Game 6 - Sun. April 29 Vancouver @ Prince George 6:00pm PT*
Game 7 - Mon. April 30 Prince George @ Vancouver 7:00pm PT*

And exactly who is the genius who scheduled games 6 & 7 on consecutive nights? :skeptical

www.BCSportsBeat.ca
04-18-2007, 07:35 PM
And exactly who is the genius who scheduled games 6 & 7 on consecutive nights? :skeptical

I was thinking the same thing knuckles ... the WHL made a gaffe on this one. Just because they are in the same province doesn't mean it is a quick drive.

Do they think the Giants are going to finish off the Cougars quickly like every other team was supposed to?

I remember a couple years back teams wanting to fly what is the status of that?

If they can do you see both teams flying back?

dondo
04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Last year Toigo even offered to pay for PGs flight and still no go -- but for back-to-back games an 8 hr+ drive away is simply asinine... the league really dropped the freaking ball no this one. :spineyes:

rinkrat
04-18-2007, 07:59 PM

According to Mr Hay, there is a concert at the Coliseum Tuesday and the WHL awards are Wednesday.
I don't have a problem with it. It favours the Giants,if the series goes seven, the Cougs will have been worn down by the Giants rolling four lines as well as all their travel already. I believe the Cougs will play the first couple on adreniline then will fade fast. They will not match the Giants intensity over seven games.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-18-2007, 09:04 PM
According to Mr Hay, there is a concert at the Coliseum Tuesday and the WHL awards are Wednesday.
I don't have a problem with it. It favours the Giants,if the series goes seven, the Cougs will have been worn down by the Giants rolling four lines as well as all their travel already. I believe the Cougs will play the first couple on adreniline then will fade fast. They will not match the Giants intensity over seven games.
I basically agree. But back-to-back nights with 500 miles in between isn't good. Should play game 7 at GM Place.

www.BCSportsBeat.ca
04-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Should play game 7 at GM Place.

lol. funny but not going to happen, especially with the Canucks still around.

if it is anything like last year's playoffs in the NHL ... the Dora the Explorer Show should be rolling through fairly soon. lol

rinkrat
04-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I basically agree. But back-to-back nights with 500 miles in between isn't good. Should play game 7 at GM Place.

The way the crowds have been,they could play at Ladner. If the ice is still in... :spineyes:
I remember last playoffs they had to practise at Richmond and SunGod due to lack of ice as they advanced through the playoffs.
Perhaps they could ensure the Giants ice at Ladner considering they built a Gym that the public can use.

Kassian
04-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Unfortunately the game will be tape delayed.

Link (http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=6819)

old_time_hockey
04-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Don't think Cougar fans will complain too much about a tape delay.

Just have to keep themselves away from the internets and radio

catsfan
04-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Actually game 6 and 7 would favor the cougars more. They have the worst travel schedule in the league and are just more used to the extremely long bus trips than the giants. If it becomes a travelling series the advantage would be PG. That is exactly what they did to Everett.

Kassian
04-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't think Cougar fans will complain too much about a tape delay.

Just have to keep themselves away from the internets and radio

Fair enough. But for me personally it would be hard to avoid the internet and the radio knowing the game is already underway. :eek:

dondo
04-20-2007, 02:16 AM
tape delay is pretty lame if you ask me. -- and agreed kassian, but I don't have to worry because I'll be there. :thumb:

Kassian
04-20-2007, 04:36 AM
tape delay is pretty lame if you ask me. -- and agreed kassian, but I don't have to worry because I'll be there. :thumb:

Well yeah, I hear you there. I was just looking at it from a Prince George fan standpoint.

Section_Z
04-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Not only is a tape delay lame, but it's a lame tape delay...The Blue Jays game starts at 4 Pacific, so that will be over, so they are basically delaying the game tape 1 hour to air "Sportsnet Connected" at 10pm Eastern.....
Aren't there 4 channels of Sportsnet, so that they can air different shows in different regions in different time slots....
Lame...

langdak
04-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Not only is a tape delay lame, but it's a lame tape delay...The Blue Jays game starts at 4 Pacific, so that will be over, so they are basically delaying the game tape 1 hour to air "Sportsnet Connected" at 10pm Eastern.....
Aren't there 4 channels of Sportsnet, so that they can air different shows in different regions in different time slots....
Lame...

You have to remember, Toronto is the center of the universe :o

old_time_hockey
04-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Lame...

Well I think they also built in a bit of buffer in case of extra innings as well.

Ah baseball....one of the sports that plays to a win every night the way it should be played. AS A TEAM.