PDA

View Full Version : Which Rocket team is the best?

Jovorock
03-04-2005, 09:44 AM
In your opinion what team is the best? I know it's a tough question because each team is different.

Squig
03-04-2005, 09:59 AM
We had strength at every position.

Our top line that year was Mcloed, Shultz, and Mosie. They scored early and often sometimes seemingly at will. Kiel made a ton of room for the others and this line could have replaced most teams power play line that year.

Defense was a younger Shea Weber with Duncan Keith, Thomas Slovac and Josh Gorges. I can't think in recent memory of a better group of d-men.

Having Kelly Guard in net and Marc Habscheid on the bench didnt hurt.

All in all this team didn't rely on systems as much as last years and was an offensive threat most nights. They should have won the cup but thems the breaks.

Go Kamloops Go!! (just for tonight -lol)
Go Rockets Go!!

mccabe23
03-04-2005, 10:18 AM
This is a tough poll question and I still don't have an answer. I'll say this though, Kelowna will have an excellent team next year! Most of the guys will be back and we won't be losing too many guys. Only question mark for next year will be on the blueline.

Card, Cumiskey
Couture, Joe
Reinholt, ???? (perhaps Bauer moves to Defense?)

I think Hamilton will pick up another 19 year old or 20 year old D-man in the off-season.

Jovorock
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I picked next years team as the best. With potential 20 yr olds Bodie and Couture, Hamilton will be able to pick another good 20 yr old defenseman. Losing Weber, Deschamps and Palin will leave a hole, but Cumisky, Card and Joe will all be one more year older and better.

Scoring will be no problem with Spurgeon, Keller, Bodie, Comeau, Ray, Howarth, Ofukany and so on. Losing Moisy will hurt but Spurgeon and Ray can pick it up.

Goaltending next year is also no problem with Yeomans and Westblom, might even look at moving one of them to add another good scorer or defensman.

It's hard to pick from the other three teams, 02/03 was great offensively, 03/04 team was great defensively. This years team is very good in all aspects and is probly the most rounded team of all four.

mccabe23
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Will Darzins be back next year?

Jovorock
03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Will Darzins be back next year?
I doubt it, probly he will be In Milwaukee in the AHL, but you never know. I would love to see him next year here but probly not.

mccabe23
03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
So if Darzins doesn't come back, do we part ways with Blanar and bring in two fresh Euro faces? Blanar is an ok 'mucker' but I'd like to see two offensive euros in Kelowna. I'm assuming Kelowna hasn't had very high picks in the Euro draft as of late. But you'd think the Well of Euro talent is deep over there.

kelownakarl
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Next years team is going to be probably the best yet in my books.... If only we could get Weber back next year.... But i agree both Euro's will probably be gone and time for 2 new ones. Maybe Hamilton should trade up in the Euro draft and get a good sniper..... just my 2 cents.

Squig
03-04-2005, 07:04 PM
will be very thin on the back end.

Mike Card was offered a pro contract to play in Germany last year. Something in the $275,000.00 per year area. His dad has connections there and may be gone next year. If that happens we would lose Weber, Card, Palin and Deschamps.

That would be a very thin back end by my count.

Next year is way too far off to count IMO. On paper Kootenay was supposed to be fourth or fifth this year and Tri Cities was supposed to be top of their division. Don't forget how good Van was supposed to be this year.

Go Rockets Go!!

Teaps
03-04-2005, 07:09 PM
This is a no brainer. Next years team is going to be the best yet. We will be in the same situation Team Canada was in this year, an abundance of 19 year olds with tons of experience in the league... Next year is looking like this...

20s - Bodie, Couture and Darzins, Weber or ???
19s - Card, Ray, Comeau, Spurgeon, Howarth, Keller, Sylvester, Blanar, Cumiskey, Yeomans
18's - Reinholt, Bauer, Ofukany, Westblom
17's - Cuthbert, Hill, Joe
16's - Schenn, Breitkreuz, and ???

IMO...it's looking bloody promising for next year......

mccabe23
03-04-2005, 07:26 PM
You gotta think Myles McRae should get a chance next year. How old will he be? I agree with Squig though. Our Defense will need some re-tooling. I'd hate to see Card gone but if he can make that kind of $$$ then I wish him all the best! Wish I had the chance to make that kind of money when I was a teen! I'll probably never make that kind of $$$ in a lifetime! lol

Jovorock
03-05-2005, 10:08 AM
You gotta think Myles McRae should get a chance next year. How old will he be? I agree with Squig though. Our Defense will need some re-tooling.
I liked McRae and think he has alot of potential. If not for a deep team he would of been here the whole year.

I would be surprised if Card goes, he would be getting Weber type time and a shot at WJ's. With a 20 yr old spot open a dam good defenseman would be availble for a 5th or 7th round pick.

kevanie97
03-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Next years team will be the worst of the 4, we lose Weber,Deshamps,Palin,Mosy and as Squig said possibly Card so our returning D would be Kuminsky,Joe and Reinholt.........we could be in big trouble on the back end which then could lead to trouble between the pipes.

Anybody that has watched Couture play in his brief time here doesn't honestly belief we keep him as a 20 year old.........do you?

mccabe23
03-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Anybody that has watched Couture play in his brief time here doesn't honestly belief we keep him as a 20 year old.........do you?

We kept Deschamps this year. Nuff said. :laugh:

kevanie97
03-05-2005, 07:57 PM
And that won't happen again..........Couture won't be back next year, trust me.

McRae will be a huge boost, very good player.

Jovorock
03-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Next years team will be the worst of the 4, we lose Weber,Deshamps,Palin,Mosy and as Squig said possibly Card so our returning D would be Kuminsky,Joe and Reinholt.........we could be in big trouble on the back end which then could lead to trouble between the pipes.

If you as the hockey god that you are from a video camera, if Couture doesn't return then Hamilton will have two 20 yr old job open then? I think Couture will be back and he isn't as bad as you think and will be a good 5 or 6 Dman with Deschamps this playoff.

If you think next years team will be the worst team then I question what about the forwards and goaltending? Bruce Hamilton has done wonders with trading and I am not worried.

kevanie97
03-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Have another drink and try that again, it can't get any worse......can it.

Anybody have there batman decoder with them tonight and can translate Jovorocks post into readable english?

Jovorock
03-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Have another drink and try that again, it can't get any worse......can it.

Anybody have there batman decoder with them tonight and can translate Jovorocks post into readable english?
Your hockey knowledge is ledgendary? I am talking hockey and you are talking trash. Thanks for adding to this board!

kevanie97
03-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Asking someone to translate your post to readable english is trashing talking? I think someone needs to get thicker skin, a dictionary and to lay off the booze when posting.

Teaps
03-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Card wont be going to europe, thats a given

kevanie97
03-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Why is that a given Jared, please do tell?

Teaps
03-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Maybe not a given, but i don't think he'll go to europe because all the NHLers are over there...thats why Jakub Sindel of the Wheatkings came over to play for the wheaties.....

SimonTemplar
03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Very fortunate to say the least with that amount of returning players and a possible great team again.

Is it possible to get back to the Cup this year.

Simon, London Ontario

Jovorock
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Very fortunate to say the least with that amount of returning players and a possible great team again.

Is it possible to get back to the Cup this year.

Simon, London Ontario
Hope to be in London this year, will be very tough.

Squig
03-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Already got my tix!!!

Go Rockets Go!!

SimonTemplar
03-17-2005, 05:59 PM
I have been paying close attention to the WHL this year and find it very close like the OHL east this Season not much seperating some teams.

The Rockets and The Ice seem like they have been deadlocked since November and still waiting for one to break off.

Would be really great to have a returning champ come to the Forest City this Spring and we a rooting for ya.

I travel to B.C once a year holiday travel and always seem to make it to Kelowna love the Okanagan.

How do you all think it will shake down next few weeks, any upsets in the making perhaps in the U.S or Alberta Divisions.

GL Rocketeers.

ps...I mentioned this on another site but the CHL top 10 has ripped off a few teams from the west this year, no way Owen Sound Attack still belong there but thats life.( they lost again last night )Big Snake...remember him.

Jovorock
03-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Big Snake...remember him.
Shea Weber would love to get a hold of Big Snake, I was there that night and would be great to see Shea avenge that hit.

I'm still pissed off he didn't get suspended for that hit.

kelownakarl
03-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Shea Weber would love to get a hold of Big Snake, I was there that night and would be great to see Shea avenge that hit.

I'm still pissed off he didn't get suspended for that hit.

Ya no doubt, that big snake is a goof on skates. didnt know clowns played hockey.

SimonTemplar
03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey Jovo fill me in what did the snake do to Weber.

He walks on water in Owen Sound but recently some gloss has come off when he was Suspended by the GM Mike Futa and took directly to Airport and flown to Alberta.( rule violations,,sigh )

Came back now but just got hit with another Suspension ofr punching out Jeff Platt ( who is not a fighter, sniper ) then giving it to linesman.

See he had some trouble in Portland as well but I find him a ticking time bomb.