View Full Version : Dansereau dodging Kisio's doghouse

nivek_wahs
04-20-2007, 04:36 AM
http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/04/20/4079286-sun.html

Fri, April 20, 2007

Dansereau dodging Kisio's doghouse
UPDATED: 2007-04-20 02:01:42 MST

By SCOTT FISHER, CALGARY SUN

The Calgary Hitmen will talk until they're blue in the face about how everyone is buying into the system.

But talk, as they say, is cheap and actions speak louder than words.

Keegan Dansereau's actions in his club's Game 6 victory over Brandon spoke volumes.

Trying to protect a 3-1 third-period lead, Dansereau selflessly threw himself in front of a Wheat Kings' shot.

Not only did he block it, he maintained control of the puck while lying on the ice, got up and fed Derek LeBlanc, who went the length of the rink and scored the clincher.

Centre Ryan White said Dansereau's sacrifice didn't go unnoticed on the bench.

"Keegan definitely went out of his bubble there," White said. "He's more of a skilled player but he's bought into the system like everybody else.

"That was a great example. One of our skilled players going down to block a shot in a tight game."

Dansereau has been in and out of GM/head coach Kelly Kisio's doghouse throughout the regular season and the playoffs.

The 19-year-old was removed from the club's top line after Game 2 of the Brandon series. In fact, he was busted all the way to the fourth line alongside Riley Merkley and rookie Brendan Rowinski.

But he got all the recognition he needed from his 'mates.

"They gave me a pat on the back," Dansereau said. "If (Brandon) had scored there, it could have been a turning point.

"(My teammates) said to keep doing that throughout every series so that's what I'm going to try to do.

HIT PARADE

The Tigers defence is a combined plus-25 through the first two rounds ... The Tigers were 29-5-2-0 at The Arena during the regular season, second best in the WHL.