PDA

View Full Version : Game Day!

Sput
03-04-2005, 11:46 AM
So it starts all over again tonight. Spokane is here for two, back to back. The Cougars are healthy other than Eric Hunter ("lower body injury"), so that means the Cats have almost all their line up ready to go. According to the game predictions you the fans have perdicted the Cougs over the Chiefs tonight 18-12. I just hope the majority of us know what we are talking about :clap: :groovy:

tazndevil
03-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Good Luck to the Cougars tonight.

Wondering how the former Hitmen are working out for you guys there.

Sounded like some rough times this season. Hope your team can pull it together for the stretch run and get into the playoffs.

Taz

Jovorock
03-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Good luck tonite to the Cougs, the Ams are cheering for you guys.

Sput
03-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Good Luck to the Cougars tonight.

Wondering how the former Hitmen are working out for you guys there.

Sounded like some rough times this season. Hope your team can pull it together for the stretch run and get into the playoffs.

Taz

Well taz, I have to be honest, Rogers has looked absolutely brutal most games, but the last home game he looked real good. I hope he keeps that going as a trend. Bowles has been awsome. He has done everything but steal a game for us, mostly because the offense can't put it in the net. Zalasky has been good. Steady player that seems to show good leadership for the young players coming up. Having played for Lambert before is probably a plus for Lee as well.

I hear Pogge was the goat the other night mishandling the puck. I hope the fans and team don't hold it against him. I'd love to have Yeo back. You guys got a good one there.

tazndevil
03-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Rogers is still recovering for a nasty ankle sprain. Would have been better if he broke the damn thing. Easier to deal with, and probably a shorter recovery time.

I think he's an excellent defenceman, and is just adjusting to being away from home for the first time, etc.

The rumor about Dylan Yeo is that he has one hell of a mean streak. Looking forward to seeing it first hand. Great D-man back there. Rock solid.

Scotty is a great kid, but he always seemed to let in the bad goal at the time we needed the save the most. Glad to hear he's fitting in there. He might be a little screwed next year with the play of Cyr. Scotty might be a back up next year whether he likes it or not.

Pogge has been a breath of fresh air here. Apart from the goal in Lethbridge, which I actually never saw, he hasn't let in a bad goal yet. He just has a confident way about him.

Lucas and Zalasky are basically the same player, except that Lacas and O'Malley played in Lethbridge together, so that has woken up O'Malley a little having Lucas around.

Taz

HAF
03-04-2005, 04:18 PM
So it starts all over again tonight. Spokane is here for two, back to back. The Cougars are healthy other than Eric Hunter ("lower body injury"), so that means the Cats have almost all their line up ready to go. According to the game predictions you the fans have perdicted the Cougs over the Chiefs tonight 18-12. I just hope the majority of us know what we are talking about :clap: :groovy:

My prediction was just wishful thinking!!! Come on guys!!!!!! Beat them Chiefs, twice!!!

Jovorock
03-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Any recap on the Trojovsky, Desautel fight? Engman Parker fight?

2812 in attendance, thats pretty low?

Prince George Scoring
1, Patterson, (23) (Byfuglien, Drazenovic), 02:43 (PP)
1, Zalasky, (13) (Drazenovic, Patterson), 10:30
1, Patterson, (24) (Drazenovic, Byfuglien), 17:36
Spokane Scoring
2, Klassen, (27) (Lynch), 01:43
2, Lynch, (21) , 03:43 (PP)
2, Zimmerman, (2) (Bruton), 12:45
2, Grabner, (13) (Lukacevic), 15:33

Prince George Penalties
1 - Trojovsky, 5:19 - Interference, ,2min (PP)
1 - Hunter, 10:58 - Roughing, ,2min (PP)
2 - Stengler, 2:02 - Slashing, ,2min (PP)
2 - Rogers, 8:58 - Holding, ,2min (PP)
2 - Trojovsky, 12:47 - Major-Fighting, ,5min
2 - Featherstone, 19:18 - Roughing, ,2min (PP)
3 - Parker, 8:32 - Major-Fighting, ,5min
Spokane Penalties
1 - Szaszkiewicz, 2:27 - Ob-Hooking, ,2min (PP)
1 - Lapointe, 17:54 - High Sticking, ,2min (PP)
2 - Lynch, 10:30 - Tripping, ,2min (PP)
2 - Desautels, 12:47 - Major-Fighting, ,5min
3 - Engman, 8:32 - Major-Fighting, ,5min

Power Play Opportunities Penalty Summary Point Summary
Prince George Cougars 1 / 3 Prince George Cougars 20 min / 7 inf Prince George Cougars 3 G + 6 A = 9 Pts
Spokane Chiefs 1 / 5 Spokane Chiefs 16 min / 5 inf Spokane Chiefs 4 G + 3 A = 7 Pts

Arena 3 Stars Ice Officials Off-Ice Officials
Prince George Multiplex

Attendance: 2812

Sput
03-05-2005, 11:05 AM
I thought it was going to be a real good game for the Cougs. Well, at least it started good. Cats came out firing like they did in the Ice game, took control of the flow and the boards and came away with a 3-0 lead. Guess they forgot to come out in the second and third. :( 14 shots in the first period, 10 in the secon/third combined. Spokane came out harder in the second, and our guys sat back and tried to hold the lead instead of going in for the kill.

Trojo and Desautels fight wasn't to much. Desautels did a good job of tying Matje's right arm up and he just couldn't swing hard. Desautels landed a couple good ones but nothing to damaging. Win Desautels. Parker and Engman happend at the far end of the ice so I couldn't see it well. They crashed each other at the end boards and what ever went on neither of them liked it and dropped the gloves. Parker started tossing, but Engman landed the harder shots early. Parker got his balance back and finished strong putting/pulling Engman down, getting the last couple scoring shots in. I call it a draw.

I'm not sure what was said in the dressing room after the game, but I'm sure it was anything but pleasant. Lambert looked absolutly pissed at the end of the second and even worse at the end of three. One of two things is going to happen tonight. Either they come out harder and go for the finish, not taking a period (or two) off, or they come out and play a game so poorly that my kids 7-8 year old team could beat.