The 2002 Bantam draft has taken shape for the PG/ Vancouver series
Here is the picks that year

# 1 Brule
# 2 Bertram
# 4 Chris Durand (originally Seattle)
# 5 Setoguchi
# 6 McArdle
# 11 Nick Drazenovic
# 15 Kelvin Sagert (origianlly Kamloops)

6th round JD Watt and Mikkelsen

Probably a few more thrown in, but the first round I found interesting.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-21-2007, 03:13 PM
The 2002 Bantam draft has taken shape for the PG/ Vancouver series
Here is the picks that year

# 1 Brule
# 2 Bertram
# 4 Chris Durand (originally Seattle)
# 5 Setoguchi
# 6 McArdle
# 11 Nick Drazenovic
# 15 Kelvin Sagert (origianlly Kamloops)

6th round JD Watt and Mikkelsen

Probably a few more thrown in, but the first round I found interesting.

Thanks for the reminder about how Bonner SCREWED UP when he chose Bertram. :mad:

Swando
04-21-2007, 11:48 PM
I never figured it out as to why Bertram chose the college route. Was it anything to do with playing second fiddle to Brule?

Section_Z
04-22-2007, 01:07 AM
I never figured it out as to why Bertram chose the college route. Was it anything to do with playing second fiddle to Brule?
That certainly was one of the romours...of course playing second fiddle for a back to back Memorial cup contending orchestra, perhaps would've been the better choice in the end....

nelson951
04-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Durand was a flop too

GF71
04-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Durand was a flop too

Gotta agree with you there...for all the hype that was surrounding him, he pretty much stunk Seattle up. He hasn't done boo in PG either with the exception fo the last couple of games vs. Everett and the couple of points he has in this series. File under coulda, woulda, never was. :spineyes:

Carebear
04-23-2007, 10:57 AM

Some people believe getting a good education is more important.

old_time_hockey
04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, but he could have gone the education route paid for by the WHL if he wanted to after.

Carebear
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but he could have gone the education route paid for by the WHL if he wanted to after.

Yah and then basically have his hockey career be over by playing for a Canadian school.
With the choice he made he can go to a good school, get an education, and still be playing very competitive hockey and still have a future in hockey.