PDA

View Full Version : randomness

wango tango
04-24-2007, 11:40 AM
been away awhile. some scattered thoughts on a variety of things blades and whl.

i see here the blades canned their head scout. probably been in the works for some time, as he was one of the last hold overs from the mcewen days in toon town. doesn't matter what business it is, new management tends to clean house and get the old dirt out. timing suggests it was something sensitive.

bantam draft. hoping the blades select an offense oriented forward with their first selection. i like what i hear and read about ross out of lethbridge. will he be there when it comes time for the blades pick?

are the renos at cuc a prequel to a memorial cup bid? it's good they're doing them, but more has to be done on the sporting side. more and proper dressing rooms (the ones now are too small and not enough of them). a better training facility. if cuc wants to attract other teams (basketball, indoor soccer, arena football) why not construct modern adaptable facilities at the cuc current and future teams can use?

molleken is entering year four of his five year contract. time to see this team take more significant steps forward. anybody been hired to replace trumbley? anybody going to be hired?

would the team hire former blade trent yawney to be the bench boss and molleken focus on gm?

whlers who impressed me at the u18's. boychuk, gillies, and schenn. too bad holtby didn't get more of an opportunity in net. i don't think there was any doubt cann was going to be the #1, good learning experience for braden.

who will the blades lose in the expansion draft, can a trade be arranged to lessen the impact?

blades need 20's. don't know what kind of pickings are out there to fill the openings. don't expect the team to try and fill their 20 spots until after the expansion draft.

good to see former blades rabbit and setoguchi doing well in the whl playoffs. congrats to former blades who made the nhl playoffs exelby, sarich, erat, hordichuk, and warrener, and to former blades matvichuk and sopel still in the stanley cup playoffs.

lots of fun predicting 07-08 standings way too early to do it with any accuracy. too much to happen yet. like expansion draft, nhl and euro drafts. who is coming back at the 20 age group in the league?

howley
04-24-2007, 01:28 PM
there are no plans to replace trumbley.

I'd expect to lose Cuthbert, maybe cloud, in the expansion.

That's all.

hobster
04-24-2007, 06:46 PM
when trumbley was here we had 4 assistant coaches as it was so i don't think we will replace him either and i also see cuthbert and cloud going along with geric