PDA

View Full Version : What a joke

PGlover
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
That was a joke tonight! That game was a joke!

The Giants paid off the refs and the refs were pretty much just a sock puppet for Don Hay...they look at the refs and he just puts his hand up and he doesn't even know what the hell he's doing.

Sexsmith is the biggest irrogant ass of them all! When Vancouver scored a goal, he would look at the crowd and would wave to them...like first off its not like he did anything to help with getting the goal....it just goes to show how much he gets off his game...he puts all his energy into "showing the crowd off" that if we actually get pucks to the net he'll let in 3-5 of them....

The Giants are butchering hockey...when and if any of these players actually make it to the NHL they won't know what the hell to do....they'll get hit so hard and will probably barely keep a career in it.

The Cougars are suffering and getting punished simply because they will not pay the refs and resort to the cheating and low way of playing "hockey" the so called game the giants are playing.

puckmam
04-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I liked the way he hit our guys with no punishment. Refs looked away

PGlover
04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I know...he slashed Fuller in the face...slashed someone else in the legs and got away with it all right in front of the refs face!

scrunt
04-24-2007, 11:20 PM

The Giants paid off the refs and the refs were pretty much just a sock puppet for Don Hay...they look at the refs and he just puts his hand up and he doesn't even know what the hell he's doing.

Sexsmith is the biggest irrogant ass of them all! When Vancouver scored a goal, he would look at the crowd and would wave to them...like first off its not like he did anything to help with getting the goal....it just goes to show how much he gets off his game...he puts all his energy into "showing the crowd off" that if we actually get pucks to the net he'll let in 3-5 of them....

The Giants are butchering hockey...when and if any of these players actually make it to the NHL they won't know what the hell to do....they'll get hit so hard and will probably barely keep a career in it.

The Cougars are suffering and getting punished simply because they will not pay the refs and resort to the cheating and low way of playing "hockey" the so called game the giants are playing.

From the sound if it, the Giants will ask for their money back. On the post game show the Giants remarked that PG got five straight PP's in the first period, and got away with a reportedly blatant goalie interference infraction on PG's goal. I'd say they too were pissed with the reffing.

Having not been at the game of course I can only go by the radio commentary. However, I have seen live on several occasions the traffic accident called Smith and Savage refereeing, and certainly they have never shown any inkling in the past that they would give the Giants any breaks whatsoever, and indeed seem to go out of their way to call phantom infractions on the Giants.

I guess the grass is always greener!

C.F
04-24-2007, 11:27 PM
The Giants are butchering hockey

:laugh:

Knuckles Muldoon
04-24-2007, 11:33 PM

Post of the Year. A comedy-schtick to be sure.

Yeah, the Giants are really butchering hockey. :spineyes:
They play hard, consistent and the Coogs aren't close to matching it. This is a FACT. They can't match the Giants in any important category. The Giants are a very hard-working team and the Coogs can't match it. Whose fault is that? So far in this series, your super-sniper has exactly 2 goals less than the Giants 4th-line left-winger does. Nice production, Seto. :thumb:
And don't bother talking about Sexsmith. He's not the one letting in weak goals along the ice from the wing. On top of that, the Coogs were 0/6 on the PP. What? You want 10 more? Here, take 'em. Now you're 0/16. When you can't score on the ones you get, what difference does it make?
If you need to point fingers, go right ahead. But point them at the right people, my friend. And those people have big cats on the front of their unis. Because the Giants are schooling them this week. I hope some of them are paying attention to the lesson. You also.

dondo
04-24-2007, 11:45 PM
so PGlover were you one of the "fans" who left with 6 minutes still to play

Your post is so completely ridiculous I'm willing to bet that you were. PG gets five straight PPs in the first and can't do anything with them, Watt is run from behind, Sexsmith is dragged down in his crease and the refs are biased against PG?? Give your head a shake buddy. You simply have zero clue.

oh and knuckles LOL

PGlover
04-25-2007, 12:39 AM
First off were any of you guys at the game? Probably not...and most likely you guys are apart of the "vancouver giants are the best thing to ever walk to the planet earth" campaigne

Yeah we got 5 straight in the beginning who cares? what about all the missed calls against the giants later in the game? And FYI i was right behind the net and clearly saw that Sexsmith was not interfered with on that goal....so maybe you should try to get your facts straight!

And you wanna talk about disallowed goals that were allowed? Why don't we take a walk down memory lane back to game 2....Hummm...if i do recall Rabbits first goal was knocked into the net by a high stick....wasn't that correct? or ummm...how about the other goal that was goaltender interference? But then again you probably didn't even notice that did you...cause well the giants can do nothing wrong....

And get your facts straight i stayed until the last second of that game....

And i stand by remark of Sexsmith being a bad goalie....if Cyr had 5 guys pile up in front of him when anyone in the opposing uniform came near him he would stop mostly every puck that came near him.

Cougar Guy
04-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Sorry PGlover, I'm not sure how you can blame the refs. I saw them give us glorious opportunities to take control of the game in the first and we didn't get it done, CASE CLOSED. Add into that the fact that Vancouver only had one powerplay "when it counted" (when the game was not already decided) and I think you'd have to be crazy to suggest that the refs were on the side of the Giants tonight.

Regarding our only goal, you could tell by Walker's reaction that even he thought it wasn't going to count. If the Giants had scored that goal and the refs counted it, the ice would've been littered with garbage.

Face it, the better team won and they have been the better team in this series by a mile. That's the way she goes. I'm still proud of the boys and what they have accomplished this post-season. I refuse to make excuses in regards to how this series has played out. The Giants are simply the better team.

Jimmy
04-25-2007, 01:19 AM
This thread is gold.

Are you related to Danny Glover?

Trav
04-25-2007, 02:08 AM
The Cougars had less penalties then the Giants did so how can u say the Giants paid the refs off lol, thats funny.

old_time_hockey
04-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Sexsmith was probably waving at the crowd cause they were chanting his name. He enjoys being noticed. Don't we all?

The crowd was trying to get him off of his game by chanting his name. He seems to have you off of yours PGlover with a simple wave.

Oh, as for the goalie interferance, the "facts" were on every evening news sports cast...which I just happened to record. If I get it up online I will post it here too.

puckmam
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
there were missed calls for both sides. Game is over and the boys are looking ahead (for now) and we should all do the same. Some of those missed calls were just more obvious than others.

WestLEAFfan
04-25-2007, 11:44 AM
there were missed calls for both sides. Game is over and the boys are looking ahead (for now) and we should all do the same. Some of those missed calls were just more obvious than others.

Good advice PUCKMAM! No sense cying over spilled milk. What's done is done. Move on everyone! Let's be positive and hope for a better outcome tonight! GO COUGARS! :clap:

GF71
04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
First off were any of you guys at the game? Probably not...and most likely you guys are apart of the "vancouver giants are the best thing to ever walk to the planet earth" campaigne.

I guess it come with the fact that the Giants are reigning CHAMPIONS!

Or how about this? We're rubber, you're glue?? Or Sticks and stones...

Make a silly comment, you get a silly answer :spineyes:

Carebear
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
You're right...Sexsmith SUCKS...

thats why we're up on the series 3-0 right?

Go cry to yo momma.

puckmam
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM
ok your team is up 3-0 We Cougs fans still respect the team and we are not on your boards bashing you. Everyone has their opinion and the better team won last night. No matter how you see it these are still kids with feelings whether it be your team or ours. Let's all show some class and move on. Both teams have some to notch players, both teams have made mistakes and both teams have had their share of bad calls. BOTH!! Yes, your teams has championships behind them and congratulations on a job well done.

dondo
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
First off were any of you guys at the game? Probably not...and most likely you guys are apart of the "vancouver giants are the best thing to ever walk to the planet earth" campaigne

Yeah we got 5 straight in the beginning who cares? what about all the missed calls against the giants later in the game? And FYI i was right behind the net and clearly saw that Sexsmith was not interfered with on that goal....so maybe you should try to get your facts straight!

And you wanna talk about disallowed goals that were allowed? Why don't we take a walk down memory lane back to game 2....Hummm...if i do recall Rabbits first goal was knocked into the net by a high stick....wasn't that correct? or ummm...how about the other goal that was goaltender interference? But then again you probably didn't even notice that did you...cause well the giants can do nothing wrong....

And get your facts straight i stayed until the last second of that game....

And i stand by remark of Sexsmith being a bad goalie....if Cyr had 5 guys pile up in front of him when anyone in the opposing uniform came near him he would stop mostly every puck that came near him.

What are you twelve? I watched the replay several times and Sexsmith's arm is hooked and he's spun around and you think this is not interference? You guys got the bulk of the penalties, calls were missed on both sides of the puck. The refs were two of the worst and they shouldn't be reffing in the Western Finals.

Um.. ummm.. . Rabbits stick was below the crossbar when it contacted the puck -- so really its you who have to get your facts straight .. and uummm..ummm .. what goalie interference goal?

I mean you are just making stuff up now. You were complaining about how hard done by you were by the refs, you get five straight PPs and do nothing with it, the Giants get two PPs the whole game until the last 13 seconds and then they make some lame make-up calls so it doesn't look so lopsided and the poor helpless, blameless Cougars did nothing -- yeah right.

I swear you have no clue what an infraction actually is .. read your rule book, take off the Cougar coloured glasses, and learn the game before you mouth-off like this in such a pathetic and cry for help manner. There are classy and knowledgeable Cougar fans out there and you ain't one of them.

My apologies to all the real Cougar fans who know what the game is all about that this one is being a mouth piece for you all.

dondo
04-25-2007, 06:41 PM
ok your team is up 3-0 We Cougs fans still respect the team and we are not on your boards bashing you. Everyone has their opinion and the better team won last night. No matter how you see it these are still kids with feelings whether it be your team or ours. Let's all show some class and move on. Both teams have some to notch players, both teams have made mistakes and both teams have had their share of bad calls. BOTH!! Yes, your teams has championships behind them and congratulations on a job well done.

I don't think any Giants fans were bashing real Cougar fans just an idiot with a keyboard that is too busy whining to realize that's his arguments are pointless and ridiculous--

I also don't think any Giants fans here dissed your team, or your players, just the refs and one clueless individual who is making other Cougar fans look bad.

WestLEAFfan
04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't think any Giants fans were bashing real Cougar fans just an idiot with a keyboard that is too busy whining to realize that's his arguments are pointless and ridiculous--

I also don't think any Giants fans here dissed your team, or your players, just the refs and one clueless individual who is making other Cougar fans look bad.

No need to name call now! We get your point. Ease off on PGlover. Statements are often made in haste. We all make mistakes. :)

Kassian
04-25-2007, 07:30 PM
I figured it was only a matter of time before PG fans tried to blame the officiating. Even though it was the Giants that were robbed in the penalty department for most of the game. There were 5 PP's for the Cougars in the first period. That's more PP's than some teams get in an entire game. Yet the Giants PK made the Cougars PP look mediocre at best. When all was said and done the Cougars still ended up with more PP's than the Giants and in the end they had nothing to show for it. The only blame here goes to the Cougars for not showing up.

And FYI i was right behind the net and clearly saw that Sexsmith was not interfered with on that goal....so maybe you should try to get your facts straight!

You must've been sitting behind the PG net at the time. That or you are blind. Chris Durand clearly bumped into Sexsmith before the goal was scored. That being said I do believe that Sexsmith made it look worse than it actually was but regardless that was a goaltender interference penalty on most nights. The final score of the game should have been 4-0.

scrunt
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
No need to name call now! We get your point. Ease off on PGlover. Statements are often made in haste. We all make mistakes. :)

Thank you. I agree. Enough said, let's move on.

I think the Cougars will up their game tonight; the hardest part will be for them to build up some confidence, and it will be up to the Giants to stop that from happening. Good luck everyone!

HAF
04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Thank you. I agree. Enough said, let's move on.

I think the Cougars will up their game tonight; the hardest part will be for them to build up some confidence, and it will be up to the Giants to stop that from happening. Good luck everyone!

Yep, I agree guys. Lets tone it down on the insults and name calling and try to keep things civil. Cuss the refs, gripe about the calls or no calls and debate anything you want but lets leave the namecalling out of it and try to keep this a peaceful debate. Both of these teams have faught hard to get to the Conference final and you can bet neither team is taking the other lightly.