PDA

View Full Version : 3 Pats ranked for 07 Draft

nivek_wahs
04-26-2007, 12:49 AM
For people that haven't heard... the Pats have 3 players ranked for the upcoming NHL Entry Draft...

Linden Rowat @ 4 for North American Goaltenders

Nick Ross @ 18 for North American Skaters
Brett Leffler @ 117 for North American Skaters

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Ross and Rowat are forsure picks in the draft and I hope that Leffler will get picked too,But in last year's draft one player that I can remember(that did get passed over) was Craig Schira he was ranked 121st. Hopefully all 3 of these guys do get drafted this year in June though. :thumb:

Bran
04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Ross and Rowat are forsure picks in the draft and I hope that Leffler will get picked too,But in last year's draft one player that I can remember(that did get passed over) was Craig Schira he was ranked 121st. Hopefully all 3 of these guys do get drafted this year in June though. :thumb:
I think Leffler will go...he had a great year, and would be a great addition to any team. He'll go in quietly and end up being a big part of whatever team he's with, just quietly working hard and doing his job. Some people will notice, maybe some won't. Kinda the way he's been here.

nivek_wahs
04-27-2007, 02:02 AM
http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=8301f743-a37e-42d3-883c-09879eeb4948

Rowat moves up in final rankings

The Leader-Post
Published: Thursday, April 26, 2007
Regina Pats goaltender Linden Rowat scored high marks when Central Scouting announced its final rankings for the 2007 NHL entry draft on Wednesday.

Rowat, 17, maintained his rating as the top draft-eligible goalie in the WHL while moving up to fourth overall amongst North American netminders. He was ranked sixth overall on the midterm list.

Finishing ahead of Rowat on the final rankings are Jeremy Smith (Plymouth, OHL), Trevor Cann (Peterborough, OHL) and Antoine Lafleur (PEI, QMJHL).

Rowat finished this season with a record of 25-18-1-6, along with a 2.87 goals-against average, an .897 save percentage and four shutouts.

Joining Rowat as a top prospect for the upcoming draft is Pats defenceman Nick Ross, who was ranked 18th overall among North American skaters. He was pegged 17th in the midterm rankings.

The 17-year-old Lethbridge product recorded seven goals and 31 points in 70 games this season, with a +11 rating.

Also cracking the list was Pats right-winger Brett Leffler, who came in 117th out of 120 North American skaters. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Wynyard product had 13 goals, 13 assists and 114 penalty minutes in 69 games this season. He was rated 132nd in the midterm rankings.

The top-ranked North American skater is centre Kyle Turris of the BCHL's Burnaby Express. The top WHLer is Kamloops Blazers defenceman Keaton Ellerby at fourth overall.

The Swift Current Broncos had three defencemen on the list, led by Paul Postma at No. 67, and followed closely by Eric Doyle (69th). Derek Claffey came in at No. 146.

Meadow Lake-born forward Dwight King of the Lethbridge Hurricanes was ranked No. 104, just ahead of Rouleau product Keith Aulie. The Brandon Wheat Kings' blueliner was rated 108th.

The Moose Jaw Warriors are represented by forward Jordan Knackstedt (98th) and defenceman Travis Ehrhardt (202).

The 2007 NHL entry draft is slated for June 22-23 in Columbus.