PDA

View Full Version : Tyrell and the latest NHL draft list

Sput
04-26-2007, 12:52 AM

NHL Central Scouting high on Tyrell
JIM SWANSON, Citizen sports editor

Dana Tyrell hasn't had the kind of playoffs he's wanted, but it apparently hasn't harmed his draft status.

The 18-year-old Prince George Cougars winger rocketed up the Central Scouting list, the latest of which was released Wednesday by the National Hockey League agency.

Tyrell, who scored 30 goals in the regular season, is now at No. 15 in the CSB placings for North American skaters, up from the 42nd spot a few months ago. With a strong group of available European players eligible for the draft, set for June 23 in Columbus, Tyrell should expect to hear his name called either late in the first round or by the middle of the second round.

Entering Wednesday's game against the Vancouver Giants at CN Centre, Tyrell had one goal and four assists in 13 outings.

Defenceman Chris Vanduynhoven, who turned 18 on Feb. 15, is slated in the sixth round (162nd overall) among North American skaters.

Kyle Turris of the BCHL's Burnaby Express is the top-rated North American skater, the first time a Junior A player has finished the season in that spot. In 53 regular season games, the 17-year-old native of New Westminster scored 66 goals and added 55 assists for 121 points, second overall in the BCHL.

Other Cougars eligible for the draft for the first time include defencemen Lance Redden and forwards Chad Hohmann and Jordie Deagle. Others who could be chosen include Real Cyr, Scott Bowles, Kyle Klym, Kalvin Sagert, Jared Walker, Greg Gardner, Richard Rapac, Curtis Patterson and Steven Kajic.

PGlover
04-26-2007, 12:58 PM
That was such exciting news for me cause I think SOOOO highly of Tyrell....he goes out and gives her 110% every shift and its just so awesome for him to be rewarded like this...esspecially considering that he was left out of the top prospects game....

I really really really hope someone takes Bowles and Cyr in the draft....that would just make me the happiest person in the world to see those two go in the draft.

GOODLUCK COUGARS! yeehoo

WestLEAFfan
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Add me to that happy happy list as well! :)

habsfan12
04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah add me to that too...especially Cyr getting drafted, that would be the best news by far that i have heard in along time

WestLEAFfan
04-26-2007, 08:22 PM
yeah add me to that too...especially Cyr getting drafted, that would be the best news by far that i have heard in along time

You and me both pal! That whole family deserves it! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

habsfan12
04-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah for sure!!!!!

puckmam
04-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Not sure we need to cross our fingers. He's a GREAT goalie and he has proven himself. My fingers and toes are crossed anyway :-)

habsfan12
04-26-2007, 09:20 PM
yeah this year he has really proven himself, he got to play alot more games this year, which was a great step in his carreer..